Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 12:11   #871
BHPian

I have lost all my hopes on Bangalore's traffic management. It will never improve and nobody wants this to be improved. And the metro on pillars, the bendy buses, the volvos and not to forget the 3 wheeled go-karts. Nothing is going to change. All people like us can do is to keep blogging about things that are simply too late to be fixed.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:12   #872
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Comm Street should go back to the days when it was a no-parking zone.
+1. I say shut down the road totally on weekends. I don't understand why they can't implement that. There are enough roads that can be used instead of this one. Also there are no educational institutions or hospitals down that road. There is a mosque and a temple but there are other streets connecting to them.

I absolutely hate going to this place if not for the eye candy .
Old 7th September 2009, 14:01   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1. I say shut down the road totally on weekends. I don't understand why they can't implement that. There are enough roads that can be used instead of this one. Also there are no educational institutions or hospitals down that road. There is a mosque and a temple but there are other streets connecting to them.

I absolutely hate going to this place if not for the eye candy .
Pune has been doing this for so many years now and it has successfully worked too, all thanks to the cantonment board.

I still wonder why Bangalore cannot implement this and secondly what fun people experience by "Driving" on commercial street carrying tonnes of hopes to get a parking space and then, their irresistable habit of honking at the pedestrians for space to make way for their cars.

I always drive till Safina Plaza and usually manage getting a parking space and then we all walk to the comm street.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:25   #874
Team-BHP Support

Would you beleive it, it is the comm. st shop owners who object saying people need to park in front. IMHO. these are a minority. Most humble mortals inclusing my family, merely take a rick or park some distance away
Old 8th September 2009, 11:24   #875
Team-BHP Support

I blasted a private Indica guy for his moronic road sense while on my way to work this morning.

Picture this: A 2 lane road, with 3 lorries parked on one side, thereby blocking almost 3/4ths of one lane. As expected, a heavy traffic jam results. Since there is some shoulder space on the left side, in reality there should have been no problem since vehicles could move slightly to the left, and give some space to vehicles from the other side to proceed. However, as is the usual in our country, on both sides 2 wheelers, motorists and ricks have managed to bring about a gridlock situation.

As i mutter, i notice the Indica behind me slips onto the shoulder lane, and thereby blocks me from using this space to let opposing traffic move. I lower my glass, and give him a proper blasting for blocking my space, when all he needed to do was wait, and everyone could get going. All he can stammer is 'What?'. To this, the blasting is repeated.

Without a doubt, for the rest of the journey, he maintained his line. Looks like someone people really need a spanking to get their brains working.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:30   #876
Senior - BHPian

yesterday on the old airport signal towards Marathalli, a HR reg zen which was to my left, the moment the signal went green he jumped his lane and cut me off. had to brake hard lucky dint get rear ended...sad part is he repeated his act with someone else too.
could not catch him up as the signal went red... really wanted to change the map of his face!
Old 8th September 2009, 11:34   #877
Senior - BHPian

Bannerghatta road. three lanes of traffic moving slowly. Me in the center lane as i have no intention of turning left or right any time soon. A wiseguy in santro sees that the center lane is moving whereas his right lane isnt moving. So he decides he will try to nudge me into the left lane. Well, a few pleasantries later , he decides to stick to the right lane for the rest of his journey.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:40   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
yesterday on the old airport signal towards Marathalli
When you enter this junction from Krishnarajapuram side (or, when you take a U-turn while coming from Sarjapur side) on the ORR, there's a signal before you take a left towards Varthur. When this signal turns green, just make sure no moron from the Airport side road hits you.

Last Sunday night, a KL registered M800 (that jumped the airport side red signal) whizzed past my car a inch away from my front-bumper, when on my side the signal turned green, and when I was about to take the left towards Whitefield.

BTW, this signal is only for law-abiding citizens. For Volvo buses and BPO taxis, this is a non-existent signal.
Old 8th September 2009, 13:22   #879
Senior - BHPian

Its been over an year now since I moved out of Bangalore. I can see from all the posts that the situation is the same over there!

I have always hated the attitude of the cops in Bangalore. I would like share a small incident back during my initial days in BLR.

It was during the time when there was no one-way roads in the Koramangala water tank signal. I was on my bike on the way to Madiwala, coming from the Koramangala ring road. The traffic was blocked my some number of cops to let a VIP pass the signal to the airport. I was waiting right in front row of the signal. All traffic lights were OFF, the VIP passes and within minutes the cops leave the place. The best part was, the signal was OFF and no cop was left at the signal to regulate the traffic to normal since the signal was closed for close to 15mins on a busy Monday morning.

And so typically it happened that everyone wanted to go causing a dead lock, somehow I was on the bike and I could find my way through easily in couple of minutes.

I am not sure how bad it got later on... I atleast hope that the cops act with some responsibility in the future!
Old 9th September 2009, 10:01   #880
Team-BHP Support

Shame on you, person driving black A Star registered KA 05 MD 3594 !

Narrow service lane, vehicles fighting it out for every inch of space to go in opposite directions. Our hero has a Bluetooth earpiece in his ear, lighted cigarette in one hand, music turned on and knocks down a poor aged hawker who was carrying his wares on his head for his daily existence. Accidents happen, i agree... but our hero doesnt even have the basic courtesy to even apologize, and instead shouts abuses at the old man. Poor old man gets up, gives a really sad look, actions indicating 'Why?!', picks up his wares and gets on with life.... just another day in his struggle called life.

The old man's face will remain in my mind for some time, for sure. Human life is surely given little regard in our country.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:12   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Narrow service lane, vehicles fighting it out for every inch of space to go in opposite directions. Our hero has a Bluetooth earpiece in his ear, lighted cigarette in one hand, music turned on and knocks down a poor aged hawker who was carrying his wares on his head for his daily existence. Accidents happen, i agree... but our hero doesnt even have the basic courtesy to even apologize, and instead shouts abuses at the old man. Poor old man gets up, gives a really sad look, actions indicating 'Why?!', picks up his wares and gets on with life.... just another day in his struggle called life.

The old man's face will remain in my mind for some time, for sure. Human life is surely given little regard in our country.
Bluetooth handsfree, Music and Popping hand through the window with a Cigarette. What about "Catch me If you can" or "Mom Says, Not to race" stickers on the rear windshield??

I pity his parents for their failure in teaching their son some humanity and I too have witnessed more of these types who even knock the pedestrians with the ORVMs and just carry on not realising what they've just done!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th September 2009 at 11:15.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:28   #882
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you not find the name of the Car owner from the Bangalore RTO.
Via net or sms.

Search out the fellow on orkut or facebook

@paragsachania:
I agree on the parenting bit. Shame on such parents.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:37   #883
BHPian

Quote:

Are you sure about the number? This link which is put up on net to find owners against the car numbers indicate it is a Indica.
BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System

PS: i got that link in forwarded email and found few of known cars to show up correct owners (atleast first owners, it doesn't get updated after car is sold)
Old 9th September 2009, 11:39   #884
Senior - BHPian

Ok, the A Star guy is a bad example himself and parenting etc.
The situation is gone so bad everywhere that one keeps wondering what would be the best way to salvage a situation.
Imagine this.
The A-star dude brakes. Gets out of the car, estinguishes the cigarette beneath his shoes, picks up the man, helps him on his feet, dusts his clothes, and helps him gather his scattered things, offers to visit the doctor for first aid ..etc,
There are antisocial and absolutely worthless, people with no work in every nook and corner of the city who grab this opportunity to fish out money from such incidents.
They take down numbers, threaten, beat, pay some amount to the victim and the rest to themselves.
If nothing works for these idiots they take down the number and ask the victim to file a complaint and make a case (This is the way it should be done actually.)

Keeping in mind all these things one can just wonder about how to salvage a situation and get out unharmed.

Disclaimer: I am no way supporting the A-Star guy. He is outright at the wrong side.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:57   #885
Team-BHP Support

^ When bad guys are able to prevent you from doing the right thing, they win.

Unfortunately in our country they are winning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks