Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 21:05   #8956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

A friend called me few minutes before and informed that BETL is choked!!
Sitting in the car, I am envying the cars plying on BETL. I can see car zipping thru in BETL
Old 24th August 2015, 11:46   #8957
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Here is the picture of Nallurahalli road that I took on Sunday from Varthur road. Sorry for the poor quality pic.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150823_105320184.jpg
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 15:22   #8958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Here is the picture of Nallurahalli road that I took on Sunday from Varthur road. Sorry for the poor quality pic.
The progress seems to be slow. Even if it is completed not sure about the road width. It is high time BBMP starts constructing other alternate routes from whitefield area to Silkboard. Right now we have only the ORR.
Old 24th August 2015, 16:22   #8959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The progress seems to be slow. Even if it is completed not sure about the road width. It is high time BBMP starts constructing other alternate routes from whitefield area to Silkboard. Right now we have only the ORR.
Progress is slow (as expected) and I hope they complete the work and not leave it half way.

Alternate roads could have been constructed 5 - 8 years back when there was lot of empty land. Now apartments/tech parks have come up in almost every piece of land making it difficult to construct alternate roads.
Old 24th August 2015, 16:28   #8960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is high time BBMP starts constructing other alternate routes from whitefield area to Silkboard. Right now we have only the ORR.
There are alternate routes via Varthur-Dommasandra-Chandapura etc. But the distance may be more, and Varthur village/town has its regular share of traffic jams as well.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:09   #8961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Progress is slow (as expected) and I hope they complete the work and not leave it half way.

Alternate roads could have been constructed 5 - 8 years back when there was lot of empty land. Now apartments/tech parks have come up in almost every piece of land making it difficult to construct alternate roads.
By no means am i a civil engineer, but still when i zoom in google maps, I do see a lot of vacant areas. I do feel there is scope to build new roads to divert the traffic. Correct me if I am wrong

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-alternate-routes-1.png
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-alternate-routes-2.png
Old 24th August 2015, 18:42   #8962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By no means am i a civil engineer, but still when i zoom in google maps, I do see a lot of vacant areas. I do feel there is scope to build new roads to divert the traffic. Correct me if I am wrong
Your first picture is definitely a layout, which means it was divided into plots and allotted to applicants. The second - I've been to that area once or twice; it is full of the entry-level apartment blocks. Probably another layout.

In short, I expect all that land is in private hands and will need a fortune (not to mention court cases stretching over years) for BBMP/BDA/whoever to acquire.
Old 26th August 2015, 09:39   #8963
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Suffered from pathetic traffic this morning on the KR Puram route
Started at least 15 minutes earlier than usual, tin factory junction was manageable and took the hanging bridge and soon as we got down the ramp, traffic came to a complete standstill. Took almost 40 minutes to reach near the KR Puram market/temple junction and there was no way I could enter the Devasandra road so just made a U-turn and headed back towards Tin factory, made a U-turn again and took the route via KR Puram Railway station, was slow but still reached in 35 minutes.
There were policemen in plainclothes controlling traffic near KR Puram including near the market where the buses stop but the density of traffic was just too high and it was a slow crawl, don't know what's happening around that place!
Damn, after LPG subsidy we now need a #GiveItUp campaign for Bangalore traffic

Last edited by NPV : 26th August 2015 at 09:41.
Old 26th August 2015, 09:54   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Traffic choked on Mysore road after Jnanabharathi signal towards Mysore due to a private bus rear ending a BMTC. Could see that the passengers were hurt due to that in the private bus and they were on the way to hospital. Usually these private buses ply on this route filled with all working women from garments, I am not sure when these guys will learn some driving ethics and understand that there are more than 50 lives in their hands

PS: Kindly take alternate routes if you are travelling to this part of the city.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 10:35   #8965
BHPian

The traffic on the road connecting Varthur market and Forum value mall seems to be very heavy from yesterday evening. Today morning it took almost 20 mins for crossing this 1.5 km stretch. Is there any particular reason, or is it the usual one, "nothing"?
Seeing the dark red lines in GM, I decided to bypass that road and went through some village roads which run parallel to Varthur road. Had a scenic drive, lost way a couple of times, but GM saved the day and I reach my home on Hosur road in 1 hr 20 mins.
I'm more than happy to drive a few extra km's more than sitting still in traffic.
Old 26th August 2015, 11:01   #8966
BHPian

Crazy traffic on ORR from Kasturi nagar till Banaswadi . A bus broke down near the furniture showrooms. Took almost 45 mis to cross.
Old 26th August 2015, 11:12   #8967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
The traffic on the road connecting Varthur market and Forum value mall seems to be very heavy from yesterday evening.
I was stuck in this mess yesterday evening. It took me more than 45 minutes (5:15PM - 6 PM) to reach forum value mall from varthur market. Compared to this, it took me just 30 minutes to reach varthur from my office in JP nagar via silk board, ORR.

There were just too many vehicles including hundreds of school buses and huge trucks. Way more than the road could accommodate. Earlier, these trucks were prohibited from entering varthur during peak hours, but I am seeing them at all times of the day for the past couple of days.
Old 26th August 2015, 11:19   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
The traffic on the road connecting Varthur market and Forum value mall seems to be very heavy from yesterday evening. Today morning it took almost 20 mins for crossing this 1.5 km stretch. Is there any particular reason, or is it the usual one, "nothing"?
Seeing the dark red lines in GM, I decided to bypass that road and went through some village roads which run parallel to Varthur road. Had a scenic drive, lost way a couple of times, but GM saved the day and I reach my home on Hosur road in 1 hr 20 mins.
I'm more than happy to drive a few extra km's more than sitting still in traffic.
Maybe because the Nallurahalli road is closed. All the traffic from Vydehi to Varthur now will have to take this route.

Could you please give details of the alternate route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I was stuck in this mess yesterday evening. It took me more than 45 minutes (5:15PM - 6 PM) to reach forum value mall from varthur market. Compared to this, it took me just 30 minutes to reach varthur from my office in JP nagar via silk board, ORR.

There were just too many vehicles including hundreds of school buses and huge trucks. Way more than the road could accommodate. Earlier, these trucks were prohibited from entering varthur during peak hours, but I am seeing them at all times of the day for the past couple of days.
Old 26th August 2015, 11:51   #8969
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe because the Nallurahalli road is closed. All the traffic from Vydehi to Varthur now will have to take this route.

Could you please give details of the alternate route?
Call me crazy, but again, that's what one becomes in these conditions. This is the route I'm planning to do next if Varthur road is clogged.
https://goo.gl/ejn29M

I lost my way a couple of times in between yesterday, and traveled an additional 5-6 km's, but faced no reduction in travelling times.
john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 00:58   #8970
Senior - BHPian

The road that had caved in due to crazy digging near CMRIT had opened up again probably. Lots of heavy equipments were doing something.

Both lane traffic was diverted to only one lane and there was utter chaos at 12 midnight.

Jams extended upto Cosmos mall and beyond !

Morning travellers, beware !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks