Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 06:34   #8971
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The road that had caved in due to crazy digging near CMRIT had opened up again probably. Lots of heavy equipments were doing something.

Both lane traffic was diverted to only one lane and there was utter chaos at 12 midnight.

Jams extended upto Cosmos mall and beyond !

Morning travellers, beware !!
I just reached my office in ITPL. The cab went via Graphite India Main Road. No issues with regard to traffic jam. Infact it was smooth sailing all the way.
Old 27th August 2015, 07:37   #8972
Senior - BHPian

Found this on FB:

Traffic restriction in ORR Service road - Doddanekundi for next 18 months or more for flyover work.
Quote:
BTP has implemented the first traffic restriction in ORR Service road from today to aid the Doddanekundi flyover construction.

Vehicles from Alpine Eco road cannot proceed on the service road towards KR puram. Need to take compulsory U turn and go all the way to ISRO U turn.

Alternative option: Proceed in Graphite India road- ATM Y Junction-Brigade Metropolis

Expect traffic jams for the next few days till traffic flow gets readjusted. Better to avoid Alpine eco road as there was a 2 KM pile up today.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5397...4348673702042/
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 07:59   #8973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Took almost 40 minutes to reach near the KR Puram market/temple junction and there was no way I could enter the Devasandra road so just made a U-turn and headed back towards Tin factory
I had taken this route on 8/25. It was nowhere as bad as you had experienced, however, there was a jam around the temple and much beyond for vehicles coming in to Bangalore. I was on a two wheeler so could manage. I was not planning on going via Devasandra in any case, I take the highway and back track my way to ITPL via SH35. I just feel like doing so on some days. What I observed after crossing the KR Puram Market signal was a long line of vehicles in a jam, heading in to Bangalore. The pile up went as far as the next break in the median, which is also around the place where the highway/toll road starts. The cause of the jam was the non operational signal and each one fighting for a slot to head in to the Devasandra road. It was bad.
Old 27th August 2015, 08:58   #8974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I just reached my office in ITPL. The cab went via Graphite India Main Road. No issues with regard to traffic jam. Infact it was smooth sailing all the way.
I would say you were extremely extremely lucky !!!

Here is the video from my dashcam, around 6:45 am.

I strongly feel that a Criminal Case be filed against the contractor and corporator. Last night an ambulance was rushing towards that side. Must be some poor soul who paid for his life due to the negligence of the above said thugs.

Old 27th August 2015, 09:42   #8975
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On ITPL Road, from Big Bazaar junction till Zuri the strip that was dug by BWSSB recently has been filled with gravel 3 days ago (and the mutliple holes after Zuri) and there was a lone asphalting machine positioned near Zuri yersterday.
But, already the gravel has vanished from many places so looks like another half-hearted patching effort is in progress, god when will you improve the roads for Whitefielders ?

Last edited by NPV : 27th August 2015 at 09:43.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:26   #8976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
On ITPL Road, from Big Bazaar junction till Zuri the strip that was dug by BWSSB recently has been filled with gravel 3 days ago (and the mutliple holes after Zuri) and there was a lone asphalting machine positioned near Zuri yersterday.
But, already the gravel has vanished from many places so looks like another half-hearted patching effort is in progress, god when will you improve the roads for Whitefielders ?
They started asphalting the dug up portion from Yesterday. Should be done till ITPL today. There was a pile up at 9:15 AM today as their vehicles were parked on the road. Poor quality. Will not last even 2 weeks.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:51   #8977
Distinguished - BHPian

Today is going to be an interesting day to watch for traffic updates.

It tool me 90 minutes from At John's junction till Madiwala Police station via Water Tank-Krupanidhi-Madiwala Market today between 2pm and 3:30pm!!

Thanks to some lovely animals (apart from the cattles of course) who would park the way they wanted all over both side of the median creating a literal gridlock! All this for the festival purchase on tomorrow.

Then the traffic from Silkboard Flyover was another mess before I got onto BETL. Right from the descent till the entry to BETL, it was crawling.

If you thought BETL was a breather, I was greeted by a TT that had brokedown causing a jam before Bosch.

Finally, I was expecting less jams at toll booth at EC Phase 1 thinking majority of the traffic would he headed to TN-KL due to long weekend but I was shocked to notice even Phase 1 booth jammed right from the descent ramp.

Needless to say - I would take the NICE back home tonight after 9pm!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th August 2015 at 15:54.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:56   #8978
BHPian

I heard from one of my colleague that, from Ulsoor lake till Gopalan mall on OMR was gridlocked today morning and traffic was crawling, any idea what caused this massive jam?!
Old 27th August 2015, 16:10   #8979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Needless to say - I would take the NICE back home tonight after 9pm!!
Tuesday, 25-08-2015 evening 6:30
  • NECE Road between Bhannerughatta road and Kanakapura road junctions
  • Truck broken down with 2 wheels on the fast lane and two wheels on the grass on the median
  • 4 patrol vehicles on the median to assist in transfering the load to another truck and manage traffic
  • atleast a kilometre of jam with the 2-lane road turning into a 4 to 5 lanes of vehicles with many driving dangerously on the grass on the median
  • I took an additional 1 hour to reach home because of it

Wednesday 26-08-2015 evening 6:00
  • Electronic city toll was full of vehicles with queues running up to the entry ramp and the bridge over the Hosur road
  • It took us 45 minutes to get to the toll booth and 1 hour additional to reach home

Today Evening
Many offices are closed tomorrow for a festival and I expect the NECE road to be full.

You think NECE road will be faster and free? Think again!
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 16:39   #8980
Senior - BHPian

Just received these two images on whatsapp.
Says that some fire broke out in Shivajinagar Bus Stand.
Authenticity is not confirmed.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ? Traffic would be gone case because of this in the CBD !

Name:  ForumRunner_20150827_163728.png
Views: 681
Size:  541.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150827_163748.png
Views: 766
Size:  557.1 KB
Old 27th August 2015, 17:05   #8981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
You think NECE road will be faster and free? Think again!
This will be the 4th consecutive weekend (Thu/Fri) that I will take NICE. Its been at least 8 years now that NICE has come as a faster option for me to reach home despite of the long queues at the EC Toll booth.

Once the toll is paid, I expect good traffic till Mysore Road exit after which it is business as usual. Normally anything between 30-35 minutes is what I take when I exit at Tumkur Road.

After this, I again get onto NBTL paying the toll and reach home in about 20 minutes from here via Watch Factory Road and Jalahalli with zero traffic snarls as opposed to taking left at Jalahalli cross from below NBTL. I avoid the Railway crossing as well due to the watch factory road. This is one area where I am driving in opposite direction to peak holiday traffic as I am entering the city .

Now Imagine if I took my usual city road -

Silkboard: will be clogged mainly due to Madiwala market effect and more so due to the next Jam

Madiwala Private Bus Station: BTP has made job easier for Private buses to park the way they want now after knocking off the median here and providing a real wide road to park (and less to drive). I noticed on yesterday itself that the traffic was crawling at 9:30pm. I usually leave from work at 9:00pm and then so many Private buses for TN and KL leave post 10PM and this is when the gridlock occurs.

Cauvery Theatre Magic Box: With all types of buses - KSRTC, APSRTC & Private taking this route from Windsor Manor all the way till Hebbal & considering that it is a long weekend, I usually witness good snarls as buses take longer time to negotiate this Tragic box and with festival rush, this is going to be more.

Baptist Hospital (before Hebbal Flyover starts): Same buses would stop by to pick passengers and those wider bus bays will be occupied by Airport Cabs and those cars dropping their relatives & friends.

Esteem Mall: Similar reasons like the previous one. Same buses would park in front of the mall for Hyderbabad bound passengers. Along with this, trucks from ORR would also add to the chaos. Not to forget the the ascent here soon after the pedestrian crossing where all 3 lanes will be crawling as the trucks ahead would be struggling at single digit speeds.

With all this - Do you think NICE makes sense or the road through the City .

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th August 2015 at 17:12.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:19   #8982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just received these two images on whatsapp.
Says that some fire broke out in Shivajinagar Bus Stand.
Authenticity is not confirmed.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ? Traffic would be gone case because of this in the CBD !

Attachment 1407907

Attachment 1407908

Yes there was a fire accident near shivaji nagar bus station. Related news link

Fire breaks out near Shivaji Nagar bus depot : http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7586404.ece
kiran_cr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:24   #8983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
With all this - Do you think NICE makes sense or the road through the City .
Definitely NECE is better. What I meant to say was that it can get jammed too.
I'm using the NECE road from the past 3 years - every day to office. But last 2 days its getting jammed for one or the other reason. I just hope its just a rarity. It still the better option we have in our city!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:27   #8984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Definitely NECE is better. What I meant to say was that it can get jammed too.
I'm using the NECE road from the past 3 years - every day to office. But last 2 days its getting jammed for one or the other reason. I just hope its just a rarity. It still the better option we have in our city!
Yes. On Election results day I got a call from a Bhpian who advised me not to take NICE as there was an accident towards EC. This was the day I expected jams in the city due to procession by the winners and wanted to take NICE.

As for me, I have never got stuck in a traffic jam on NICE in the last 8 years ever except for those at the booths. Touchwood!!
Old 27th August 2015, 18:01   #8985
Senior - BHPian

After reading all this, am I so glad that I could not go to office today and had to take the day off.

Last night it took me (on a bike) 55 mins from EC to Koramangala. And this was not taking the BETL. It has been months since I took the road "downstairs" and it was a nightmare for me - scary to ride on a bike with all the heavy traffic (and no streetlights).

I seriously think it has come to saturation point. Will this at least force someone to take some decisions? Maybe we really have come to the point where we have to force some vehicles off the road.

Most Viewed