Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 14:37   #9091
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Massive pile-up yesterday night just before Bidadi while travelling towards Bangalore. The reason was a huge truck which had broken down in the left lane. Took almost 45-50 minutes to get past the truck. Worse part is that there were no cops or highway patrol. Some unauthorized guys on a bike were diverting vehicles onto the fast lane on the other side. I did not do this and ended up wasting 45 minutes.
Old 7th September 2015, 14:44   #9092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Driving on Kodichikkanahalli Main road towards Vijaya bank layout...
Pathetic road condition indeed.
There's hardly any road there. You would've found evidences of what some ancient 'akhand bharatiya' civilisation that had the know-how of making asphalted roads, had made tens of thousands of years ago and now rose up in between all the construction debris. The area you mentioned would give you natural 'vibrations' through the suspension components of the vehicle, so much so that you'd be 'rejuvenated' in those precious minutes and hours of your life that you spend on this sacred patch of land. If it rains, then you get the added boaty feeling as well, thanks to the flooding, taking us a a step closer to nirvana
Old 7th September 2015, 19:15   #9093
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning my office commute took 1hr 15 minutes (Old madras road-KR Puram Railway Station-Hoodi-ITPL). The evening commute took 1 hr 10 minutes, heavy rain slowed down the traffic considerably. Road just after Phoenix market city was like a river
A friend mentioned his commute to office this morning was just 30 minutes compared to the 1hr+ most days but he started around 10.30am.
Old 7th September 2015, 22:11   #9094
BHPian

Today my commute back from work - Manyata Techpark to Sarjapur Road took 2h45m!!! Due to the very heavy rains, there was huge water logging at the exit of the flyover before KR Puram and to add to it there was a broken Volvo bus in that pond! It must have been more than a foot of water and vehicles were just some how wading through it. I was stuck on that flyover for almost 45mins! One of the worst today.
Old 8th September 2015, 06:55   #9095
Senior - BHPian

Folks

There is water logging post SAP labs on the left side of the road leading to Vydehi Hospital. So Motorists, BEWARE!!!
Old 8th September 2015, 07:05   #9096
BHPian

A huge tree has come down on Bannerghatta Road blocking the right turn from Bannerghatta Road towards Madiwala Lake Road (Opposite to Mantri Elite).

I believe the one way from Lake road to Bannerghatta Road will serve as two way till the tree is cleared.

Regards
Old 8th September 2015, 08:32   #9097
BHPian

Long line at Bellandur lake going towards ORR....avoid if coming this way
Old 8th September 2015, 08:56   #9098
Distinguished - BHPian

The fruits of the BBMP election can now be seen. Waterlogging despite the city-wide drainage digging road breaking operation, terrible roads well what else can be expected if all the patchwork is done with 1mm of bitumen over sand/loose mud & the exciting power-cuts which happen randomly 3 times a day.

I agree at the end of the day that the city has been overburdened and the demand for power, land & water have spiked considerably but the problem is at the administrative end too where there is severe apathy. There is a metro line connecting perhaps 2 or 3 of the most useless olde-worlde areas of the city while the notorious "ORR's & IRR's" are getting clogged ever so more by the day. The traffic cops here sit in ennui in their booths, randomly operating the signals while giving every violation a passing glance. Long live democracy.
Old 8th September 2015, 09:29   #9099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Long line at Bellandur lake going towards ORR....avoid if coming this way
I understood the reason for this later when I caused the root cause. The frothing lake again spilt over and the white foam was everywhere making traffic slow. To add to that the arrogance of two wheelers and auto drivers who just want to go ahead and behave as though they have given up common sense. To add to that one poor man was using a water pipe trying to water down the foam but it rained so much yesterday that the outflow of the lake is tremendous and the foam is on the road and flying high in the sky.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:30   #9100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The fruits of the BBMP election can now be seen.
The ink from BBMP elections are still on the thumb, but the patches they applied on Varthur road after the elections are no longer there. The potholes are back, with a vengeance. It is a stretch after when going towards Whitefield.
Nallaruhalli road is coming up well. They've laid the foundation well, but the manholes are still protruding causing inconvenience to people travelling in one direction.

Yesterday was a calm drive from Whitefield to Electronic city, due to the heavy rain. All the roads were pretty much empty and reached home in 1:20. The delay was mainly due to near zero visibility. Its really frustrating to see people driving with high beam in this heavy rain, and yes, if you squint your eyes and look, you can see the hazard lights are on too.
john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:06   #9101
Senior - BHPian

Took 28 mins to cover 2 KMS from exit of ECC road to Bigbazaar at 9:10 AM today.
The repair work that was done a week before has broken in many places.
Old 8th September 2015, 14:05   #9102
Senior - BHPian

What a solid rain last night! I left office at EC at around 7:10 and reached home 45 minutes later at Koramangala - not bad at all. Fully geared up for the rain, did not get wet at all - though a bit of water managed to seep into my laptop bag. Thankfully no harm done. Decided to ride back home at that time since I knew no other biker was stupid like me to wear all the rain gear and venture out in the rain.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 19:29   #9103
Team-BHP Support

Haralur road is back to being at a standstill daily. Guys using this daily please avoid for next few days.

At the narrowest point, haralur village the authorities are building drainage gutters on both sides. They have thrown the earlier stone slabs on the road and made the road even narrower. Now even 2 cars cannot get past and if there are 2 trucks or buses facing each other you are finished. It was a royal mess today with traffic from Hosa road to Sarjapur piled up till the Vibgyor school junction. The traffic from Sarjapur road side was even worse till Shubh enclave.

Looks like till the drainage work is complete it will be like this.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 06:46   #9104
Senior - BHPian

Folks

A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT: On the SAP LABS main road opposite Caterpillar RMZ, a BMTC volvo bus rear ended a tractor trailer resulting in the toppling of the trailer. The front portion of the bus has taken a severe beating.
All the vehicles going towards Graphite India are diverted on the other side of the road. I saw cops on the spot along with other Volvo buses. Not sure whose fault it is.
Hopefully the mess is cleared otherwise there will be MAYHEM.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 08:58   #9105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT: On the SAP LABS main road opposite Caterpillar RMZ, a BMTC volvo bus rear ended a tractor trailer resulting in the toppling of the trailer. The front portion of the bus has taken a severe beating.
All the vehicles going towards Graphite India are diverted on the other side of the road. I saw cops on the spot along with other Volvo buses. Not sure whose fault it is.
Hopefully the mess is cleared otherwise there will be MAYHEM.
Any updates on this? I need to go to Divyashree tech park. If the mess is not cleared then i feel its better to take PSN-INORBIT mall route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks