Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 09:32   #9196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Traffic alert- ORR - Kadubeesinahalli - Bellandur

ORR from Kadubeesinahalli underpass towards Bellandur is having slow moving traffic since past half hour.

New horizon college is having some function and due to which the service road was a mess since afternoon.

Guess the block now is due to same reason.
I was in the middle of this. Took around 40 min to reach Ecospace from Prestige Tech park. Luckily I was in a bus and not on my bike.

Noticed another 'innovation' happening on top of Marathahalli underpass. They seem to be creating a U Turn lane for vehicles coming up the ramp from Belandur side to get back on the ring road to go towards Belandur. I think they may be planning to close the U Turn in front of Innovative on ORR and force vehicles up the ramp and down on the other side. If they do this, not sure what would be the plan for vehicles coming down from ITPL side and wanting to go towards KR Puram (Just my inference-May be wrong).

The immediate effect is that due to this 'lane' created with concrete blocks, it has reduced the width of the already narrow bottleneck both towards HAL and also reduced the space for vehicles turning left from ITPL side. This is leading to pile ups from the Kundanahalli side.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 09:48   #9197
BHPian

I came through Bellandur lake and was caught in traffic. Apparently few Ganesha pandals have come up in the already narrow lanes of Bellandur. I am planning to skip this route entirely for the next couple of days. However I wonder what type of traffic I will meet up in the chaos called Maratahalli
Old 15th September 2015, 10:00   #9198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I came through Bellandur lake and was caught in traffic. Apparently few Ganesha pandals have come up in the already narrow lanes of Bellandur. I am planning to skip this route entirely for the next couple of days. However I wonder what type of traffic I will meet up in the chaos called Maratahalli
Traffic mess due to Ganesh festivals happens every year on the Bellandur lake road. I take this route https://goo.gl/maps/g8uIU to bypass marathalli bridge.

I always check the traffic on google maps before entering the lake road - I didn't enter today seeing the mess.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th September 2015 at 10:12.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 10:19   #9199
Senior - BHPian

Today there was an accident around 8.20am on the intermediate ring road, a white i20 Grand allegedly hit kids who were crossing the near the ramp towards Indiranagar. It seemed like driver absconded leaving the vehicle on the road. A boy was badly hurt and bleeding and another girl was crying in pain. The kids were between 4-6 years of age.

Last edited by deehunk : 15th September 2015 at 10:21. Reason: typo
Old 15th September 2015, 10:29   #9200
BHPian

There is jam starting from the flyover next to KR Pura railway station towards Marathahalli. Looks like a private bus involved in some kind of accident, and the jam is created by curious onlookers . As usual upon seeing this jam our two wheeler heros turning back on the flyover and coming on the wrong side towards KR Pura, to take to ITPL road
Old 15th September 2015, 11:00   #9201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
There is jam starting from the flyover next to KR Pura railway station towards Marathahalli. Looks like a private bus involved in some kind of accident, and the jam is created by curious onlookers . As usual upon seeing this jam our two wheeler heros turning back on the flyover and coming on the wrong side towards KR Pura, to take to ITPL road
Soon some adventurous cabbies and TT will follow I am sure. The whole point is everyone wants to just go ahead and race ahead and absolutely no sense of responisibility of what the impact might be. "Swalpa adjust maadi..." attitude in this respect is despicable
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 11:16   #9202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Soon some adventurous cabbies and TT will follow I am sure. The whole point is everyone wants to just go ahead and race ahead and absolutely no sense of responisibility of what the impact might be. "Swalpa adjust maadi..." attitude in this respect is despicable
Actually "swalpa adjust maadi" is passé.

These days its "Nin Kelsa nodko" (Mind your Business).

Courtesy is long dead and burried now on our streets.
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:04   #9203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Traffic mess due to Ganesh festivals happens every year on the Bellandur lake road. I take this route https://goo.gl/maps/g8uIU to bypass marathalli bridge.

I always check the traffic on google maps before entering the lake road - I didn't enter today seeing the mess.

Actually its better to avoid Bellandur lake route till Ganesh Visarjan. Last year I had a tough time and learnt this.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:06   #9204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Private vehicles are banned on the roads of HSR Layout on Sunday, 20th September.

Good or bad move, BHPians?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Unfortunately this is a citizen-driven pilot project & a very poorly thought of one at that. These things can work in areas like Brigade & M.G Road where shopping & sight-seeing can be done on foot (& nearby areas can absorb the collateral damage of people parking vehicles there).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
It was initiated by DULT, after "consulting" with the RWAs. In fact a meeting was convened for getting inputs and unfortunately, the participation was less from citizens (due to various reasons, No. 1 being, no one knew about it!). The outcome was that the RWA's gave a go ahead with the pilot. So I would blame the RWA's too for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The powers that be, in their infinite, omniscient and all pervasive wisdom, have decreed the Great Kingdom of HSR Layout as a vehicle free zone next Sunday between 6am and 9pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, knowing the status of affairs here, I am certain this will turn out to be a flop - or will come to blows. And who will police the show - manage the whole thing? As in, not allow vehicles to ply, manage emergencies etc?
Some more details about the proposed Vehicle Free Day at HSR Layout

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hsrday.jpg

While I support vehicle free zones and any initiatives to encourage people to leave their vehicles at home.As already voiced here, this particular initiative seems to be a case of too much too soon. The whole of HSR layout-Which is primarily residential is covered as per the map. That is a huge area. Such initiatives should be attempted on a smaller scale first in places like Commercial St/Brigade Road and not in what is primarily a residential area.

The Cycle Day initiative that run across different locations in the City is more sensible. A specific road is blocked only for a specific time and it is ensured that motorized vehicles have alternate routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So it is kind of reverse transport strike - private vehicles off road and only public vehicles in road. What if somebody wants to visit other neighborhoods, like Koramangala, BTM? Are they allowed?
You can, but as per this will not be able to take your own vehicle

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th September 2015 at 12:08.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:46   #9205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You can, but as per this will not be able to take your own vehicle
The "fine" for traveling in your own vehicle on this day in this area was mentioned as Rs 100. I imagine this is what is going to happen.

1. 1 in 5 road users is not going to know about this "initiative" and is going to get fined.
2. Some people would still take the car out, pay a fine of Rs.100 and use the car anyway, on that day.
3. Autos would charge double for any area inside HSR layout or 5 KMs outside HSR layout.
4. We would see many stupid moves on the road by bikes and even cars when they spot police, taking u-turns and doing abrupt stops.
Horizon81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:37   #9206
Senior - BHPian

Today there was a big traffic snarl inside E city. Seems like the stretch towards Infosys building was blocked by police. Was this because of some accident or some politician's visit?

It took me 25-30 mins from crowne plaza junction to reach my office.
Old 16th September 2015, 14:48   #9207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today there was a big traffic snarl inside E city. Seems like the stretch towards Infosys building was blocked by police. Was this because of some accident or some politician's visit?

It took me 25-30 mins from crowne plaza junction to reach my office.
Experienced this only a while back but while we were walking out for Lunch .

Apparently I heard this from 2 folks. A facilities person at our workplace said there was Bomb Scare while the Security person at the gate of our office building mentioned it was a Training.

There was this lovely looking scarlet red Volvo Fire Engine parked right opposite to our office minus all the helter skelter activities and things looked calmer.

Then comes 2 Ambulances (TTs) with Blaring sirens along with 2 wheeler Ambulance in tow. While we walk further, the fire engine makes a move and the same Ambulances appear from the other side after taking a round of the whole area.

Lots of Traffic Personnel at even the smallest junctions. My colleague got royally stuck for 15 minutes near the Police Station.

To me, it seems more like a Emergency Readiness Drill or something of that sort as there were ECITA Vehicles doing rounds too.

Note: All this happened on the Road where you have Cyberpark (STPI) near the EC Police Station. Now that you mentioned it was chaos near Infy too, I believe it was an activity carried out across EC Phase 1.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:08   #9208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Apparently I heard this from 2 folks. A facilities person at our workplace said there was Bomb Scare while the Security person at the gate of our office building mentioned it was a Training.
Aha, so we work somewhere along the same road I guess

Cops didn't let me take a turn towards the left and I got royally irritated thinking some bigshot had come for a visit. Someone said bombscare etc. Thankfully the real news is out.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:14   #9209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note: All this happened on the Road where you have Cyberpark (STPI) near the EC Police Station. Now that you mentioned it was chaos near Infy too, I believe it was an activity carried out across EC Phase 1.
I too noticed this but assumed that it was a VIP visit. Saw the Asst.CP, of South East Traffic sub-division right there in the morning giving directions etc. I assumed that it was a VIP visit, as I did not see any panic amongst the police men (as they for sure, what is happening and not in a rude surprise of an actual bomb threat).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:48   #9210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aah you were lucky to have made to office early. I got delayed because of the pooja at home and I reached office close to lunch time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Aha, so we work somewhere along the same road I guess
There are many working in E City and maybe in same companies as well! Can make a mini bhpian meet I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I assumed that it was a VIP visit, as I did not see any panic amongst the police men (as they for sure, what is happening and not in a rude surprise of an actual bomb threat).
Assumed the same but was actually happy in one way that they were asking people to not park as they wish which was good. Hope they do the same all the days!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks