Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 11:21   #9286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Our company cab took 100 minutes to travel the (in)famous Jayadeva-Silkboard road and in the end was delayed by 75 minutes to reach the office in EC.
All because one lane was blocked!
Speaks volumes about not just the quality of civil work, but also about how well we drive!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 24th September 2015 at 11:24.
Old 24th September 2015, 11:25   #9287
Senior - BHPian

I thought today was a holiday ! After coming to know that its moved out by a day, doing work from home. Saved from the BTM layout issued.
What will happen if all the people working on ORR for example come out on the road and protest? Will it do something ?
Old 24th September 2015, 15:16   #9288
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully took work from home today. I am sure it is going to be messy at night at Silkboard.
Old 24th September 2015, 18:19   #9289
Senior - BHPian

Returned home a while back. Looked over to the other side to check the status.

BBMP has done a wonderful' job. They have hand sprayed cement over the chaos ! No levelling or anything. Just dumped cement.

So now although vehicles are moving using the full width of the road, the cement surface will give a bone jarring ride !
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:02   #9290
BHPian

Propably hold the Record now for this stretch - took 3h 20mins from far end of Whitefield to JP Nagar Left at 7 pm and reached home at 10:20pm.

Hats off to Bengaluru Infrastructure coupled with the rains. The amount of diesel I used today could've taken me to Mysore and back in the weekend.

Oh and the potholes filled by BBMP. Amazing! BBMP should be awarded. Hats off guys, just get a machine and dump concrete into the potholes. Now why didnt anybody else think of that.
Old 25th September 2015, 07:16   #9291
Senior - BHPian

Call it a coincidence. Whenever BBMP gets into the pothole filling act, the roads are greeted with heavy downpour like yesterday. Let's see how long the patchwork lasts. Will BBMP blame it on the rains this time too???
Old 25th September 2015, 07:43   #9292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Call it a coincidence. Whenever BBMP gets into the pothole filling act, the roads are greeted with heavy downpour like yesterday. Let's see how long the patchwork lasts. Will BBMP blame it on the rains this time too???
Karma strikes back BBMP

Here is how it looks this morning ! Potholes strike back at BBMP

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150925_062743824.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 08:34   #9293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Propably hold the Record now for this stretch - took 3h 20mins from far end of Whitefield to JP Nagar Left at 7 pm and reached home at 10:20pm.

That is insane. Wonder where we are headed.

Coincidently just read this spoof article.

http://my.fakingnews.firstpost.com/2...eir-employees/

Quote:

is now going to provide ‘Work From Traffic’ facility to all its employees working in Bangalore. The who’s who of the industry have deemed the policy as a blessing for the people of Bangalore, who, on an average, spend around 5-10 hours in traffic while commuting to and from their workplaces. If the conditions worsen, they end up reaching their offices after 7:30 in the evening even by leaving their homes at as early as 8 in the morning. The decision has been received well by the people and other IT companies are soon going to follow suit.
Looks like this is where we are headed to.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th September 2015 at 08:38.
Old 25th September 2015, 09:18   #9294
BHPian

BTM to ITPL commute by cab took just 35 mins this morning. Empty stretch of road throughout. I could have taken out my Ritz today!
Old 25th September 2015, 14:17   #9295
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Yesterday night while returning (around 11pm), I saw road rollers and other road equipment at the base of Agara flyover (traveling towards Silk Board). Did anyone see any road work happening around that area (ORR or HSR)?
Quoting myself - the mystery is solved. The equipment was there on ORR to fill potholes prior to minister visit. No wonder with the "red carpet" ride, minister found only 1 pothole between Silk Board and Hebbal!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49087354.cms
Old 25th September 2015, 17:02   #9296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Oh and the potholes filled by BBMP. Amazing! BBMP should be awarded. Hats off guys, just get a machine and dump concrete into the potholes. Now why didnt anybody else think of that.
Concrete still might last. Most of them just stuff it down with mud and stones which wash away in the rains and the potholes comes back with a vengeance and deeper in its newer avtar.

BBMP contractors who lay roads are the only people who do not seem to have a clue of how to repair a road. To top it off they are immune to severe tragedies also.
I remember a year ago there was an interview of a contractor of a road works contractor. He was so blatant is saying that the work is not upto the mark because we need the maintainence contracts to keep coming. If we do a good job then who would hire us again ?
So the basic aim is never to completely provide a solution. Just patch with a ball of tar which will wash away anyway.
Old 25th September 2015, 21:08   #9297
Distinguished - BHPian

Bandh-galore is shut tomorrow as well, how tying up people inside their homes and preventing shops from opening for half a day will help them negotiate terms with another state is anybody's guess. This is most certainly an enforced bandh as are all of them and by no means signifies the public protesting for a cause in unison.

Democracy is surely a deception when the government tells the public what is to be done. Randomly shut off residential areas, roads and sometimes the whole city and Bangalore is compared with Tel Aviv, San Francisco & London as tech capitals, not by lightyears.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:59   #9298
BHPian

Looks like some petrol bunks are also closed today (forcefully!?). May open afternoon. Roads are without BMTC and KSRTC buses.
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 12:08   #9299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Looks like some petrol bunks are also closed today (forcefully!?). May open afternoon. Roads are without BMTC and KSRTC buses.
The btm lyt coco pump was open in the morning today, even got a free windscreen cleaning service
Old 26th September 2015, 23:05   #9300
BHPian

Not sure if this is OT,

I have to drop my relative to airport on 28th Sept , Monday by 8 PM, I stay in BEML layout, Brookefield, By what time should I leave so as to make it by 8 PM comfortably? I checked using Google maps, its showing an estimate of 1 - 2.5 hrs. Help me guys

Most Viewed