Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 10:54   #9316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Massive massive jam at Hebbal heading into city. Please avoid. got stuck for 30 minutes just trying to climb onto the city-bound flyover.

Mess on G Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/RN5XWyH5NpL2
Is it just monday morning madness, or may be an accident/breakdown on the flyover? I can see that the red line on gmaps extends upto Bytarayanapura, is that on the elevated highway or below it? If your destination is Banaswadi-KR pura, better to take Jakkur-Telecom layout-Hegde nagar-Thanisandra-Nagwara route.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:12   #9317
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on the ground level and was lucky to avoid most of it. The elevated highway was also clogged. Did not see anything as a cause but was busy on a con-call etc. so may have missed it.

Luckily was being chauffeured for a change :-)
Old 28th September 2015, 23:29   #9318
BHPian

uff, finally made to to airport and back, what a journey it was (yes, going to & fro Bangalore airport is indeed a 100 km journey), Left at 5 pm and reached airport by 7:30 PM, took 2 hrs to just cross Hebbal, and from there on it was a blissful drive, return journey took 1.5 hrs. Thank you all for your suggestions, Special thanks to @rohanak1 for his advice on which lane to follow and where, it really saved a good 20-25 mins and lot less stress on my legs.
karts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 07:36   #9319
Senior - BHPian

JAM ALERT ON BELLANDUR FLYOVER:

An Eicher Truck has broken down on the fast lane (right) on top of the Bellandur Flyover (Central Mall) on the carriageway towards Marathalli.

An Indica Vista cab with right frontal damage (rear ended something) is parked on the extreme left lane just bang on the U-Turn in front of Innovative Multiplex at Marathalli.
Isn't causing any jam as such, since the place is wide, but just FYI...
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 08:03   #9320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

An Eicher Truck has broken down on the fast lane (right) on top of the Bellandur Flyover (Central Mall) on the carriageway towards Marathalli.

An Indica Vista cab with right frontal damage (rear ended something) is parked on the extreme left lane just bang on the U-Turn in front of Innovative Multiplex at Marathalli.
Thanks for the update. i too saw both the vehicles while coming to office in the cab. I guess the cab near multiplex in Marathahalli may not cause any potential traffic jam, but this is bangalore traffic. You never know what is in store for us.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 09:32. Reason: Thanx > Thanks.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 08:38   #9321
JD1
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like I need to be ready for a hellish drive till Ecospace today :(
At the Innovative u-turn, I am seeing nowadays that 2-3 rightmost lanes are being occupied for vehicles wanting to take u-turn resulting in only the leftmost lane being available to go straight So if this cab is there for a long time, get ready for few minutes of wastage over there.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 08:57   #9322
BHPian

Just came by that flyover and the truck was not there and the movement was decently paced (time 8:35).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 09:34. Reason: Please refrain from typing... like... this... on the forum. Thanks!
harishhm74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:43   #9323
BHPian

Had a bad experience in the road , a Tata ace guy banged to the rear side of my duster in almost standstill traffic . Rear bumper needs to be repainted and the right side clamp of the rear guard needs to be changed . The driver apologised and said that his leg slipped and hence could not stop the vehicle . The car is already at the showroom and the estimated damage is 4K.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image.jpeg  

Old 29th September 2015, 22:04   #9324
Senior - BHPian

Few 'iconic' pictures:

1) New corporators report to work

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-29_09_2015_004_030_002.jpg

2) Snowing in Bangalore !

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1_1443508621_725x725.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2_1443509346_725x725.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-unnamed.jpg
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 22:11   #9325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Few 'iconic' pictures:

This is so depressing to see.

It has also found its way to BBC: Some more pictures. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34376988
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 22:54   #9326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This is so depressing to see.
It has also found its way to BBC: Some more pictures. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34376988
Here is a disgusting video that I found on my FB Feed.
I had only heard and seen pictures of it. This video is so disgustingly scary !!

Isn't there any other way to drive / ride ? The foam is toxic and is definitely will show up its ill effects in the long run, on people skin and vehicle paint !

Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 23:49   #9327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Isn't there any other way to drive / ride ?
There are options but way too longer. If one wants to reach Bellandur from Old Airport Road side, he may need to reach ORR passing Marathalli and take a left towards KR Puram, Make a U at ISRO Junction and drive back towards Bellandur fighting traffic near Innovative and Kadubesanahalli and then Bellandur Junction.

For those driving from Sarjapur side to Old Airport Road, again its a longer and time consuming affair via Marathalli.

I was there at our other office location last Friday and luckily the frothing was not this high. Ever since we saw this since past 2-3 years, we colleagues refer this as "Niagara Falls" route as the froth was more prominent where water fell from a higher level to down below.

It is a shame that while we go gung-ho about cleaning lakes and making parks, this one has been ignored since years and now even made way into media and appears in limelight every alternate month consistently!!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 06:54   #9328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few 'iconic' pictures:

1) New corporators report to work
You mentioned some of the BBMP employees had cars bearing PY , KL and AP registrations. Are they exempted from paying road tax in KA.

Infact I have seen Innovas of BBMP legislators bearing PY registration. Irrespective of whether you are in power or a common man, one factor will definitely pinch to the core of these individuals. MONEY. No wonder these guys have other state registration vehicles.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 07:32   #9329
BHPian

Have been experiencing regular VIP movement on old airport road in the mornings these days. Sometimes it helps you but mostly its a pain. Relaying of the foot path near command hospital is another laughable activity undertaken by one of our civic bodies. That side I believe had a decent walk way.
Old 30th September 2015, 08:21   #9330
Distinguished - BHPian

Another article in today's TOI about the foaming belandur lake. Hope the intense media scrutiny will result in some action.

The issue is that the the authorities have no clue on how to solve this. They ignored it when it was a manageable problem and now it is pretty much at the point of no return.

To even start doing something, they need to stop sewage inflow. Pretty much all sewage from kormangala and challaghatta(old airport side,) side empty into this lake. Not to mention the sewage from belandur area itself.

I assume of they attempt to do anything to stop this inflow, all these areas will drown in filth.

It's sad that one of Bangalore's oldest and biggest water bodies is in such a state.

In other news saw this new initiative in today's paper.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150930_0756032.jpg

Anyone here part of a company supporting this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks