Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 20:30   #961
BHPian

I felt it is a speed breaker and not the pedestrian crossing, hence the question.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:16   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I felt it is a speed breaker and not the pedestrian crossing, hence the question.

Hehe if the car is not park there am sure some one will take the pain to cross there, you know the janta
Old 6th October 2009, 09:43   #963
BHPian

safe and courteous driving by our colleagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
When we curse about any civic problem (unruly auto-drivers, stinking garbages everywhere, potholed roads etc. etc.), how many times we also think about a possible solution and how many times we find ourselves as a contributor to our own proposed solution ? Chances are that we never find ourselves into the "solution framework" - We always assign the solution job to someone else, be it govt, police, civic bodies, basically anyone but ourselves. Again the same attitude - what difference can I make ? Do you think govt, police and civic bodies think any different ? After all they are manned by people from us only.

There is a solution for every single civic problem that we Indians are facing today. It is just that we need to be a little less smart for us to implement these solution. Until then, chaos rules !!

Honestly, I was thinking on the same lines this morning, and I thought, if I started a move with my employer (>100000 employees in the country, with perhaps every second person owning and driving vehicles) I would pioneer a change. I was thinking on the lines of talking to my HR on a movement to drive safely on roads, with concern and empathy towards other road users. I know this is a long shot, but if each person on this forum were to pioneer such a drive, then we would, I think have made some difference to this society. Some things that we may want to do would be like never jump lanes, never jump traffic lights, always stop for pedestrians to cross, even if you are at a slight discomfort and ensure you dont feel pressurized if someone who wants to rush through honks etc., An exact list could be drawn out of a laundry list, later.

In the wake of this, may I request one of the moderators to begin a vote, if the people in this forum would be interested in pioneering safe driving within their organizations with interested employees pledging to offer support for the move.

Many Thanks
Prasad
Old 6th October 2009, 09:45   #964
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I think it is near the Sanjaynagar police station.

If yes, this is nothing compared to the cars parked near Vaibhav theatre just a few 100 mtrs ahead. Almost every other day I see cops issuing tickets and sticking them on the windscreen but our fellow citizens havent learned.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:00   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

If yes, this is nothing compared to the cars parked near Vaibhav theatre just a few 100 mtrs ahead. Almost every other day I see cops issuing tickets and sticking them on the windscreen but our fellow citizens havent learned.
Ohh they will learn, only then there is an extra '0' (zero) appended to the end of the fine amount.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:16   #966
BHPian

The past few days of traffic bliss is gone and encountered plenty of traffic on going to work today. The Jams are back after the long weekends .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

yeah. I also thought the location was the same. There is one temple on that road and we visited once there. We drove around 15 minutes looking for a parking place as we didnt want to park on the main road like that. Finally found a bylane and an empty place. Planning in Bangalore is non-existent and little thought is given to things like parking places when constructing anything in Bangalore.

Mods: PLs merge. Multi-Quote didnt work for some reason. Sorry!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 6th October 2009 at 12:24. Reason: See note in post
Old 6th October 2009, 11:27   #967
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
yeah. I also thought the location was the same. There is one temple on that road and we visited once there. We drove around 15 minutes looking for a parking place as we didnt want to park on the main road like that. Finally found a bylane and an empty place. Planning in Bangalore is non-existent and little thought is given to things like parking places when constructing anything in Bangalore.

Mods: PLs merge. Multi-Quote didnt work for some reason. Sorry!!
The Radha Krishna temple is right next to the polce station, then comes the theatre and the Adigas restaurant. So, lot of reasons to get a dedicated parking place in that area but as usual no one bothers.

I get really irked near the theatre and the restaurant and usually take the relatively free internal roads.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:05   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Today morning about 0920 hours on Old Madras Road. Coming from KR Puram side after the Big Bazaar signal there is another signal after that before you get to the NGEF road. This is an orphaned poor little signal. No one cares what it shows and all just drive through - Red, Amber, Green or any other color it can manage.

Since i am a new guy on this route, I STOP for red. Now when a Bolero stops everyone behind stops. Law of the Jungle.

That's it!! everyone goes hand on the horn button. I don't budge an inch. Whole lot of circus has started behind me. The guy right behind wants to reverse and get out from behind me. The guy behind him doesn't know what's happening.

Seeing me stop a couple of other folks with some self dignity stop too. Now this creates a bigger nuisance for the guy behind me as he is now totally blocked. He now opens the door stands with one leg outside and is probably shouting out to me and the guy next to me. Both of us dont look back. He steps out and the signal goes green we drive off. Didn't see him after that.
well done. I live down this lane behind big bazar and recently noticed these lights. when coming out from this lane to turn right (away from city) traffic doesnt stop, even when it is green for me. In actual fact it was better without these lights as there was no confusion then.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:20   #969
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
In actual fact it was better without these lights as there was no confusion then.
Agree. But its there and we need to follow it.

The Traffic Police in their infinite wisdom have traffic lights at a place where none are required. The only lane its servicing is a small one coming from HAL.

Where they do need to have signal lights is at the NGEF Junction. Talk about being brain dead.

And another funny thing today at the NGEF signal. Folks coming from Kasturi Nagar will block the whole lane trying to come onto Old Madras Road. This is alarming as today there was an Ambulance stuck with a patient inside trying to go towards Kasturi Nagar. The traffic policeman on duty gestures at the lead motorcyclist to come around. What the motorcyclist does next could have got him a minimum of 2 days in jail if he was in some other city. He rides right through the traffic on Old Madras Road and joins it leading towards Indirangar. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TRAFFIC POLICE.

The senile Traffic Police Man looks at him and gestures us to stop (coming from BigBazaar) as the rest of the people following the lowlife motocyclist barge onto the road.

Bangalore Police are not only incompetent they are downright stupid and have no self dignity.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:21   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Bangalore Police are not only incompetent they are downright stupid and have no self dignity.
Assuming that we have Police in Bangalore, what you said is 100% true.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:28   #971
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
The past few days of traffic bliss is gone and encountered plenty of traffic on going to work today. The Jams are back after the long weekends .
Looks like i spoke too soon last week.

I had a horrible drive to work today, thanks to morons who have absolutely no road sense. Road rage nearly got the better of me today, and had it been so, i would have deliberately scratched a Linea who was behaving like he was the king of the road, blocking the vehicles coming from the opposite direction on a 2 lane road.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:12   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think that is meant for people to cross the road and am sure parking is allowed on that
No, You are not supposed to park "on the" Zebra/Pedestrian crossing. Its is meant for crossing and it should be left precisely for that. Even on signals, if you have a Red, and you stop on the Crossing you can be issued a ticket or fined.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:06   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
In the 1st Picture, it's a pedestrian crossing (the new variety, slows down the traffic) infront of the police station. You don't park on a pedestrian crossing.( pls correct me if iam wrong).
Old 8th October 2009, 09:34   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
No, You are not supposed to park "on the" Zebra/Pedestrian crossing. Its is meant for crossing and it should be left precisely for that. Even on signals, if you have a Red, and you stop on the Crossing you can be issued a ticket or fined.

yup i agree, even i meant the same but i missed "not"
Old 9th October 2009, 12:28   #975
BANNED

Manipal Hospital - U Turn. 1012 AM.

I am in the right most lane waiting for the signal to turn green and so are a lot of them in the rightmost lane. After i miss one green signal and I am waiting for the next green signal; a blue coloured Maruti Zen comes up next to me and turns on the signal. This he does after overtaking all the patiently waiting cars behind me and parks in such a way that he can make his way in front of me, so when the signal turns green he can nose infront of me.

Sensing this i move a little further and see that he does not manage to get any further.

Once the signal turns green he tries to push his way in more. I honk now but he still continues to nose his way in. We are all in motion now. He suddenly turns right and to avoid hitting him i need to steer right. There is a scooterist on my right who i nudge and the poor guy loses balance and drops his bike.

The Zen guy now has stopped sensing the trouble he has created. I move forward gesturing to the scooter rider to stop so i can see what are the damages to his bike. He does not stop but rides off... Couldn't get his bike number.

Thinking the Zen guy is another low life and i will be wasting my time. I think of letting it go. But as i watch him in the rear view mirror. He turns into the building before INTEL.

Ok i say to myself this guy is educated and i need to speak to him - how wrong could i be.

I drive in behind him. I visit a lot of companies so i mostly have entry to major business offices and the car has the required stickers. The guards do stop me and enquire where, what. By then i notice the owner getting off the zen and walking into VERIZON office.

I follow the car up he parking lot and see that there is a driver driving instead of the owner. I ask him for the owners number. No use talking to the driver as he looked and behaved like the failure he was thinking he is some local hero with some third grade attitude. He asked why do you want the number blah blah. I turn to the security to and ask them to ask him. He gives them the number and the security guys give it to me.

I take down the car number and drive to office.

Call on the owners number he doesn't reply.

I get a call sometime back and its the owner.

I tell him waht happened and how his driver should be driving and how he created trouble for other people.

And like i guess looking at his driver, he talked exactly like his driver behaved. So much for working in a place like Verizon.

He totally dismissed any wrong been done by his driver and asked me to mind my own business and cut the line off.

I guess education and upbringing doesn't go hand in hand. A sad example of a human being this person. I pity him actually, someday he will pay dearly.

If there are any employee's of Verizon here you guys need to try and bring around some sense in your colleagues. From now on if i see any resume with Verizon experience coming up its going to be binned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks