Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 18:48   #1036
BHPian

Ambulance woes and more

I get to see those poor helpless souls in ambulances stuck with a road full of morons a zillion times everyday. Bannerghatta road could be called the Hospital Road of bangalore. And yet, the authorities dont care zilch about the traffic scenario.
There has been innumerable times when I have seen well dressed execs probably returning from work,bluetooth headset,blocking the way of a ambulance.The shrill cries still dont reach their educated ears.

Same road, another funny incident.
There's a copper colored i10 1.2 driven by a semi-balding educated chap.He's on the left lane whilst i'm on the right. I accelerate to overtake him when he sweetly decides to change lanes without any indication.I let him squeeze thru and then express my displeasure by dipping my lights.
Now comes the best part!! The guy actually looks into his central RVM and then shows me the middle one!
There were four guys in my car while the other guy was alone.Moreover, the folks in my car were of some reputation. Anyways, we all look at the guys finger, then look at each other and burst out laughing!
It was obvious that the poor single fingered man did not know what's definitely good for his health. Anyways, decided to leave the poor middle aged man alone.Guess he must have had a bad day at work.
Old 14th October 2009, 00:21   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Thats funny,aqualeo!
95% of the time, such characters either react/blow up for no reason. All this due to the simple fact that they don't realize how they have broken a rule/law and are ignorant to the same. When someone tries to correct them at that point, what follows is a lot of shouting or 'finger' tactics.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:07   #1038
Team-BHP Support

Am having a problem in the US driving through green traffic lights since I normally expect an auto or a Sumo drive through the red
Old 14th October 2009, 13:18   #1039
BHPian

New Roads in EPIP Area

Got this as a part of the road-digging plan circulated within EPIP - this image shows the proposed new roads / underpasses in the EPIP Area:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-epip.jpg  

Old 14th October 2009, 13:26   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Got this as a part of the road-digging plan circulated within EPIP - this image shows the proposed new roads / underpasses in the EPIP Area:
Any idea on the timelines. I know that Road 2 was a kaccha pacca road even now.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:56   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any idea on the timelines.
Nope. We only know that the road from Graphite India Junction till Hotel Ginger will be dug up on Radha Hometel/Fortune/Ginger side for laying a new electric cable. This is expected to start in October and end in December.

Road 2 is currently being topped.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:20   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Road 1 & 3 will be very beneficial for folks going to ITPL from Old Airport side.
Hope it comes up fast!

Last edited by finneyp : 14th October 2009 at 14:32.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:31   #1043
BHPian

Over 7200 Pot Holes in Bangalore

See 7,258 potholes in city: BBMP ‘census’, News - City - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 15th October 2009, 23:36   #1044
BHPian

Just another commute

So its 21:30 hrs and I've had a long day at work(Electronics City). I've crossed the Jail road junction and I'm overtaking a truck thats in the middle lane (I'm in the rightmost lane). I see this big shiny object with dazzling lights that's fast approaching in the rear view mirror.

I'm doing not more than 40km/hr since I just crossed the junction and the "little one" likes to be laid back when it comes to accelerating in top gear. That thing in the rear view mirror is close now. A UFO is it ? Or someone in a big hurry to get away from that Jail ?

So I downshift to 3rd and switch on the left indicator to indicate that I'm moving away from the rightmost lane in order to let that thing pass. The downshift (at this point) is merely so that I can cross that truck and get out of the fast lane.

That thing apparently mistakes the "little one" to be a truck (and hence the left indicator as the GO to overtake me from the left - without honking or as much as flicking the lights) and almost sideswipes me.

That thing is fast! Its shiny and new (plastic still on the seats). That thing has what seems like three white haired "gentlemen" in it . The "little one" breaths a sigh of relief (read - hard on the brakes to let these gentlemen pass by).

She's up against something that has twice the displacement, fancy variable lift cams, twice as many valves and an extra cylinder to boot. Well, it could be worse - atleast she's not up against a UFO. But, she's not going to like what I do next. Floor the pedal, redlining in third and lean on the horn - what you'd (and I'd) call road rage. I pull upto them and give them the bird. The little one is begging for an upshift.

Slow down to the speed limit and get drive the rest of the way home. Now I know I've seen it all - I've ended up reacting to provocation without actually feeling the rage that goes with it.

PS: I do not encourage road rage but at the same time I fail to see why educated folk have to drive like this. And its not like they were rushing due to some emergency because they drove the next four-five Km's alongside the little one (weren't exactly smiling at me).
Old 19th October 2009, 21:34   #1045
BHPian

My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all bad)

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I was on my way back to Hosur from Madiwala (Bangalore), I was driving on St.Johns Hospital Road moving straight till dead end and had to take right to reach Madiwala Market for Hosur Road

Before I had to take right I was very cautious about signal and it just had a green Arrow Indicating to move Straight and no signals Indicating to Move Right, I was confused there was no vehicle around me to follow them.

I saw few Cops standing at the corner where I had to take right, I did take a very slow right (10kmph) with Right Indicator turned ON and hand signal, Once I took right a Cop came running and asked me to park aside. When I questioned him he said I jumped the Signal, I asked him 'Boss please show the Signal where the Red Indicator to stop - He said there will be no Red Indications, only green works however I have to stop when there is the signal is OFF'

It really does not make any sense - I will we come to know that we have to stop when there is LED is OFF ?
I argued with him for 15-20 Minutes at last I had to pay 100Rs and got the challen

Just letting Bangalore TBhpians know about that Signal
Old 19th October 2009, 21:59   #1046
Senior - BHPian

If the signal is malfunctioning, the cops should disable it and manually handle the traffic.

The cops were totally unreasonable.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:09   #1047
BHPian

This the same case in chennai too.I was caught by the cops because of some people jumping at front of my car at before a second their signal turned green when i crossed my signal when it was yellow(it was quit a big signal to cross).
Old 19th October 2009, 22:39   #1048
BHPian

I did tell the cop to get the RED signal working to avoid confusions, he said he will take this as a feedback and inform Bangalore Development Authority in a very Sarcastic tone.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:56   #1049

You mean that there was a Green Signal to go straight but no signal whatsoever for any right turns correct ? In that case it's assumed that you can go straight but you won't take any right turn since either 1. It is yet to become green or 2. The time to turn right is already over.

Here in Delhi, when the lights go green, both the Straight and Right Green Lights come on simultaneously and then after some time the Right Green Light stops glowing while the Straight Green Light keeps on glowing indicating that you can go Straight but not take a right turn. You have to wait for the Red Light and then only you will get the Right Green Signal.
Old 20th October 2009, 00:18   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Guess theres no problem with the signal,its just that you are not used to it and got confused. Same as Budmaash has explained. They obviously cant keep a straight green light and right red[If its that horizontal signal strip].That will create more confusion than any thing els.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks