Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 07:26   #10531
Senior - BHPian

Another day, another maniac down !!

Location: ORR, infront JP Morgan / Adobe, lane towards Marathahalli. Watch out for traffic of onlookers !
While coming out of the Kadubeesanahalli Underpass, take the right lane. Vehicle is on left lane median (separating main and service lane), however, onlookers have caused a jam.

Today's Victim: Indica Vista

Name:  ForumRunner_20160108_072542.png
Views: 1003
Size:  351.7 KB
Name:  ForumRunner_20160108_072555.png
Views: 984
Size:  283.0 KB

Victim from 2 days back. Still lying at the side of the road. Indica V2.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160108_072633.png
Views: 982
Size:  295.7 KB

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 8th January 2016 at 07:29.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 07:34   #10532
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

Not sure what happened to the cab in front of Adobe office. This is the second cab which has crashed in exactly the same spot. The cab is still parked there.

Regards
It was a Deja Vu moment for me today I came out of the underpass and faced the same jam as Wednesday. Too bad I did not have the dashcam since I havent put it back from day before. When I approached the spot I thought that people were seeing the old accident. Later I see that these two crashed cars are just around 50-100m apart. Guess all cabbies do the same mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Another day, another maniac down !!

Location: ORR, infront JP Morgan / Adobe, lane towards Marathahalli. Watch out for traffic of onlookers !
While coming out of the Kadubeesanahalli Underpass, take the right lane. Vehicle is on left lane median (separating main and service lane), however, onlookers have caused a jam.

Today's Victim: Indica Vista
Where did that tyre come from? Was there another vehicle involved?

Last edited by audioholic : 8th January 2016 at 07:36.
Old 8th January 2016, 07:45   #10533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
That's the substitute for the hazard triangle, desi style. Looked as if this accident was coz the cabbie had a "connect" with the divider. Not sure how he managed that.

There is another Indica Vista (seems to be a bad day for Vistas in Blore) that has met with an accident on ORR, near Mantri Sarovar. Again towards Marathahalli side, just after the flyover (before Mantri when coming from Silk board Jn).

That one seems to have misjudged the slight curve & crashed into the divider, turned 180° and was facing the traffic oncoming from Silk Board. Again the front drive shaft seemed dislocated based on the odd angle at which the front wheel was jutting out.

Thank fully I passed by both before 6:45AM.

Last edited by vinjosep : 8th January 2016 at 07:48.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 07:50   #10534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guess all cabbies do the same mistake
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Looked as if this accident was coz the cabbie had a "connect" with the divider. Not sure how he managed that.
Each and every cabbie, even private cars make that mistake. Even I have had close shaves.

The left lane infront of JP Morgan / Adobe is always crowded with parked cabs, personal vehicles (at times), buses stopping.
The moment one exits the underpass, one has to take a pretty much sharp right, onto the fast lane, to avoid ramming into these parked/stopped vehicles on left lane.
Now the fast lane is actually a merging point for vehicles coming from above the underpass. Classic accident spot !

Quote:
Could be from the left side of the car. That side is resting on the median, so may be the tyre broke off from that side.
I didn't get down to check. Just took a hasty snap using mobile, while being at standstill.

Dashcam would have a better footage, but can't check that until I return from work.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 8th January 2016 at 07:52.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 08:12   #10535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Each and every cabbie, even private cars make that mistake. Even I have had close shaves.

The left lane infront of JP Morgan / Adobe is always crowded with parked cabs, personal vehicles (at times), buses stopping.
The moment one exits the underpass, one has to take a pretty much sharp right, onto the fast lane, to avoid ramming into these parked/stopped vehicles on left lane.
Now the fast lane is actually a merging point for vehicles coming from above the underpass. Classic accident spot ! .
I was always skeptical of the design of this underpass, the entry and exit from both side of the road are poorly designed. This is the classic case like how Jayadeva Flyover was designed by installing a pillar right in the middle of the road.

Now what I am worried about it that usually there are lots of JPMC and other Company employees waiting to cross the road exactly at the same spot. I am worried that one of these days a cab might crash into this.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:51   #10536
BHPian

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/50490575.cms

Im sure the fine amount mentioned is just for the tip of the iceberg violations. If they properly monitor and fine violaters, they can mop up 1000's of crores in fine.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:19   #10537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I was always skeptical of the design of this underpass, the entry and exit from both side of the road are poorly designed. This is the classic case like how Jayadeva Flyover was designed by installing a pillar right in the middle of the road.

Now what I am worried about it that usually there are lots of JPMC and other Company employees waiting to cross the road exactly at the same spot. I am worried that one of these days a cab might crash into this.
The underpass and flyovers on ORR are split to allow BMTC buses take the centre exit/entries. They need to enforce this strictly. The service road after Agara is meant to be for BMTC buses only. Again no strict enforcement. The police have given up since managing traffic itself is a hard task.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:28   #10538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The underpass and flyovers on ORR are split to allow BMTC buses take the centre exit/entries. They need to enforce this strictly. The service road after Agara is meant to be for BMTC buses only. Again no strict enforcement. The police have given up since managing traffic itself is a hard task.
Cant agree more. Whenever I come home via ORR, I go to the left exit and then come to the signal below the flyover. There, I 'look' like a lane breaking idiot trying to go right from the left service lane. In reality, it is those cars who take the center exit who are breaking the lane. So much for trying to follow the rules.

Monday, I went on the left service road and in order to take right I had to stop my car near the signal in a crossed manner. A guy in a new baleno saw that the center exit was empty and he sped all the way just to find me having come there from the left and waiting at the signal. He had the guts(or stupidity) to ask me why I came from the left and now taking a right or something similar on those lines. I replied to him saying that he was the one who was coming from the wrong side and not me. He argued saying that he is following lane discipline and so on. I finally asked him what was written on the signboard before the flyover. Obviously he did not know that so I told him to read it again, that the lane he came was meant only for BMTC buses. By then the signal had turned green and I just went ahead.
Old 8th January 2016, 11:42   #10539
Distinguished - BHPian

Not exactly a post related to traffic, but thought folks may find the info useful. There is a Lake Habba being held at Kaikondrahalli Lake on Sarjapur Road tomorrow. Details below.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kere2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kere1.png

More details: Facebook Page
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 13:48   #10540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
T The service road after Agara is meant to be for BMTC buses only. Again no strict enforcement. The police have given up since managing traffic itself is a hard task.
That road cannot take the load of buses. With only the 4 wheelers, the road has caved in in many places.

Plus it has so many lowhanging trees that buses cant ply smoothly.
Old 8th January 2016, 14:44   #10541
Senior - BHPian

Went ahead and filed an RTI to get details about the relaying of the Madiwala Market road. Irritating to see that we have to use only one lane every day inspite of the huge amount of traffic flowing through this section! And they aren't doing any work on the lane that is blocked off either. Lets see what reply I get.
naveenroy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:53   #10542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Went ahead and filed an RTI to get details about the relaying of the Madiwala Market road. Irritating to see that we have to use only one lane every day inspite of the huge amount of traffic flowing through this section! And they aren't doing any work on the lane that is blocked off either. Lets see what reply I get.
Earlier the Nrupathunga road used to be the main competitor for the Madiwala Road. Now that the former has been given new lease of life, the Madiwala road has been left to die.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:56   #10543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And they aren't doing any work on the lane that is blocked off either.
I did see some work happening there when I passed the area last evening, at around 5 o'clock. The stretch from Total Mall parking gate until the PWD or whatever guest-house which is at about the middle of the market road, had a layer of concrete and there was some wet hay spread over it. A concrete mixer, vibration pumps and some tools were seen on the other stretch, alongside a JCB excavator
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 16:35   #10544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I did see some work happening there when I passed the area last evening, at around 5 o'clock. The stretch from Total Mall parking gate until the PWD or whatever guest-house which is at about the middle of the market road, had a layer of concrete and there was some wet hay spread over it. A concrete mixer, vibration pumps and some tools were seen on the other stretch, alongside a JCB excavator
That is good news. Just hope that they complete both lanes soon. But I cannot fathom the idea of laying concrete. Oh well, something is better than nothing I guess.
Old 8th January 2016, 16:47   #10545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....something is better than nothing I guess.
Given the kind of concrete roadwork usually done in these parts, you'd probably soon wish they'd left the moonscape as-is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks