Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 12:20   #10561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Unfortunately, looks like someone has closed this again.
Just two days..!!The same BBMP which takes years to fix even life threatening potholes and manholes..!! This agency's only aim is to make citizen's life miserable.
Old 11th January 2016, 18:50   #10562
Distinguished - BHPian

Best Monday in terms of commute so far. New roads till graphite india Junction meant that it cleanly shaved ten minutes of my travel time and so much damage to the car was avoided. Surprisingly even ORR was relatively free and silk board too. Didnt make a single traffic related diversion
Old 11th January 2016, 19:00   #10563
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I felt it was smooth-flow traffic today in the afternoon too - from Koramangala to EC. There seemed to be lesser vehicles on the road and also, the Madiwala Market stretch seemed to be a smoother transit.
Old 11th January 2016, 20:24   #10564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Best Monday in terms of commute so far. New roads till graphite india Junction meant that it cleanly shaved ten minutes of my travel time and so much damage to the car was avoided. Surprisingly even ORR was relatively free and silk board too. Didnt make a single traffic related diversion
Around 4 30 PM, trafffic was chaotic near the vicinity of the 2 flyovers near bellandur. The reason: a TT stopped abruptly on the second flyover while going towards silk board.
Old 11th January 2016, 20:29   #10565
Senior - BHPian

Any progress on the pedestrian sky walk at Ecospace ? The traffic backlog in the mornings almost reaches Mantri Sarovar . I'm hoping some improvement after this completes.
Old 12th January 2016, 10:16   #10566
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning there was road work in progress (couple of JCB's in action too) on the Decathlon to Whitefield Honda stretch (Whitefield to KR Puram direction) of ITPL main road. No widening of the road, just "restoration" of actual 2 lane width with fresh tarmac, will still go a long way in reducing evening traffic chaos, hopefully
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 10:55   #10567
Team-BHP Support

Richmond Road was totally blocked even at 730 PM yesterday
Old 12th January 2016, 12:36   #10568
JD1
BHPian

My bad luck today! Agara traffic was growing since 8:15 am so waited till 11am to start but took 20 mins to merge ORR and then near Rainbow hospital u-turn (to take Alpine Eco road towards Graphite India), a big dumper (bigger than truck) got stuck (just few minutes before i reached that junction) while trying to take u-turn! That's a short u-turn (unlike ISRO u-turn) so it was sad watching that vehicle standing perpendicular to ORR blocking traffic on both directions (traffic towards KR Puram was blocked due to people who wanted to take u-turn there blocking ORR). Waited for 10 minutes to see if it clears but saw they were trying to fix that vehicle and a BMTC driver was trying to help the truck driver.
Finally took service road till Samsung and reached EPIP via Phoenix Mall/ITPL.
(Edit - this drama was happening @ 11:50 am).

Last edited by JD1 : 12th January 2016 at 12:38.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:13   #10569
Team-BHP Support

Karthik Nagar U-turn (near ISRO) was blocked both ways around 1.30PM today, the jam extending almost till Doddanekundi signal on the Marathahalli bound carriageway. Couldn't make out what exactly was causing the mess, though it seemed like a jam on the road next to ISRO compound spilling over to the main road.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:40   #10570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Karthik Nagar U-turn (near ISRO) was blocked both ways around 1.30PM today, the jam extending almost till Doddanekundi signal on the Marathahalli bound carriageway. Couldn't make out what exactly was causing the mess, though it seemed like a jam on the road next to ISRO compound spilling over to the main road.
Was there at around the same time, luckily on a 2 wheeler so was able to wriggle myself out. Not sure what caused the Jam, the road next to ISRO wasn't blocked much. I think it is the U turn at the HP petrol pump, where a lot of HTV were struggling to turn and hence blocking up the road big time.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:23   #10571
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Was there at around the same time, luckily on a 2 wheeler so was able to wriggle myself out. Not sure what caused the Jam, the road next to ISRO wasn't blocked much. I think it is the U turn at the HP petrol pump, where a lot of HTV were struggling to turn and hence blocking up the road big time.
See my post just above yours. I was at Rainbow u-turn when that HTV stuck while taking u-turn (around 11:50 am)
Old 12th January 2016, 17:57   #10572
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Work begins on the train halt station at Hoodi - Indian Express, Bangalore 10 Jan 2016
If it does not help increase the number of people using trains to commute to work in the Whitefield area, this will at least improve the lives of those using the trains now.
Old 12th January 2016, 18:08   #10573
Distinguished - BHPian

For whatever it's worth!:

Karnataka risks losing investments if the alarming traffic problem in Bengaluru is not addressed, a judge observed in the High Court on Monday.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3223236.ece
Old 12th January 2016, 18:29   #10574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For whatever it's worth!:

Karnataka risks losing investments if the alarming traffic problem in Bengaluru is not addressed, a judge observed in the High Court on Monday.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3223236.ece
Till such time the big shots of companies take a decision to move out of Bangalore, I am afraid the situation will remain as it is. It is high time that IT companies move out of Bangalore to places like Tumkur, Nelamangala, Yelahanka etc....
Old 12th January 2016, 18:37   #10575
Senior - BHPian

Why cant they setup up IT parks adjoining NICE road? Just the campuses with a green buffer zone and not allowing any other commercial activity around them.

Hopefully companies not expanding in Bengaluru will stay in India and not go elsewhere which is what they might do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks