Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 09:52   #10936
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Calm, 30 minute drive to work this morning to whitelfield from indiranagar!

Traffic was well behaved and not so heavy except for the Tin factory-KR Puram Railway station mess

The new railway underpass at ITPL Road-ORR junction near Whitefield Honda is unusable now, mounds of soil around it, don't know why it's being dug up again. The underpass was being used even before a formal/official opening and now I guess they're actually completing some pending work.
The older, narrow underpass next to the new one has also been rendered unusable now and a large mound of mud is heaped at the exit on the ITPL road side.

Also, at Hoodi junction there is some work being done (couple of weeks ago, a small portion was dug up at the middle of the junction then closed later, last week another one near the median was dug up also closed subsequently and today saw it being done at another place close to the junction) - maybe some initial work for the long pending flyover/underpass at the junction ?

Last edited by NPV : 26th February 2016 at 09:55.
Old 26th February 2016, 10:46   #10937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The new railway underpass at ITPL Road-ORR junction near Whitefield Honda is unusable now, mounds of soil around it, don't know why it's being dug up again. The underpass was being used even before a formal/official opening and now I guess they're actually completing some pending work.
The older, narrow underpass next to the new one has also been rendered unusable now and a large mound of mud is heaped at the exit on the ITPL road side.
They had to relay the road from Old Madras road to this underpass since it was in shambles. Hence they closed this underpass. But motorists wouldnt agree and they kept on using this underpass. Hence they put mounds of soil like how rat holes are closed down to prevent anyone from passing through.

This actually is a good alternative to getting stuck under KR Puram bridge. I had tried it out before the underpass got closed. We can just take the bridge, after the bridge a U Turn and reach the underpass in say 2-3 minutes compared to spending 10mins under the bridge in the crawling traffic.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 00:17   #10938
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20160227_155919_moron_divider_jumpers.jpg

The traffic was light, and the signal ahead, in front of Intel/EcoSpace, allows U-turns. This is one class of motorists that I dread and loathe.
Old 28th February 2016, 14:24   #10939
Senior - BHPian

Guys using Nallurahalli road in Whitefield, please note the below message.
Source and credits to original uploader on FB.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20160228142132.png
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 18:25   #10940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Source and credits to original uploader on FB.
Last Thursday while coming back home by this route, came to know of this. The cab driver then retraced this route back till we took the cement road.
Both the cement road and the Nalurahalli road remind me of camel journey through the desert.
If BBMP makes these 2 routes into a proper road, traffic jams will reduce drastically.Anyways I dont see any hope for the residents staying there.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 19:27   #10941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If BBMP makes these 2 routes into a proper road, traffic jams will reduce drastically.Anyways I dont see any hope for the residents staying there.
I was very hopeful of some nice progress since Brigade IRV Center and Mahaveer Tranquil apartments started construction and were nearing completion. But seems no one has control over anything and its all left to the fate.

I have been using this route to reach PSN for quite some time since Varthur road and Shell Siddapura road was relaid. I am going to be quite affected due to this !

An image from Whitefield Rising FB Page. Credits to original uploader.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1456667466307.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1456668597282.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1456668513247.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 28th February 2016 at 19:40.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 21:56   #10942
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed today that the stretch from bagmane tech park till almost the railway underpass on ORR has been blocked(from kr puram side) as part of the flyover construction. The carriageway towards kr puram has been made 2 way with tape and cones and vehicles coming from kr puram will get into the opposite side from the tech park and get back to the left side just before the underpass.

Not sure if this was done earlier ( as i am not a regular on the route). If not, I think it can cause major delays from Monday.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th February 2016 at 21:59.
Old 28th February 2016, 22:10   #10943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Noticed today that the stretch from bagmane tech park till almost the railway underpass on ORR has been blocked(from kr puram side) as part of the flyover construction.
Bagmane Tech Park? ORR?? Did you mean Bagmane WTC and the flyover construction at the Doddanekundi signal? In which case you are referring to the railway underpass near Karthik Nagar? Last time I went that way, last weekend, there was only one lane of traffic allowed between Mahadevpura and Doddanekundi.
Old 28th February 2016, 22:15   #10944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bagmane Tech Park? ORR?? Did you mean Bagmane WTC and the flyover construction at the Doddanekundi signal? In which case you are referring to the railway underpass near Karthik Nagar? Last time I went that way, last weekend, there was only one lane of traffic allowed between Mahadevpura and Doddanekundi.
Yes the bagmane WTC and flyover construction at dodennakundi is what I meant. Had forgotten what the tech park was actually called.

Meant the rail underpass on ORR itself. Where the road towards Alpine eco takes off.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th February 2016 at 22:18.
Old 28th February 2016, 23:38   #10945
BHPian

Was there a special occasion today? I noticed large amount of traffic between Bangalore - Tumkur.

Picture taken at Yeshwantpur Tollbooth. Taken while still on the elevated expressway. You can see Toll board at the distant.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160228_075300_hdr.jpg

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 28th February 2016 at 23:40.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:12   #10946
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456717348.906015.jpgagara flyover. I don't know why it's jammed up all the way.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:48   #10947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Was there a special occasion today? I noticed large amount of traffic between Bangalore - Tumkur.

Picture taken at Yeshwantpur Tollbooth. Taken while still on the elevated expressway. You can see Toll board at the distant.
"THE" reason for this - The Wood India Exhibition at BIEC. Being a Sunday and today being the last day, This was expected.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 10:29   #10948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Attachment 1481247agara flyover. I don't know why it's jammed up all the way.
On a lighter note....

Its Monday and everyone has woken up to realise they need to get to work at the earliest and so speed or rather the lack of it is causing longer queues all over.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:38   #10949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Last Thursday while coming back home by this route, came to know of this. The cab driver then retraced this route back till we took the cement road.

Why is this section blocked? Wasn't some section of this road newly laid? Any idea of the condition of the road connecting Nallurahalli & ITPL?
Old 29th February 2016, 11:03   #10950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Why is this section blocked? Wasn't some section of this road newly laid? Any idea of the condition of the road connecting Nallurahalli & ITPL?
From the John Welch Tech Centre till the intersection of Nallurahalli road junction, the road condition is generally good after which due to the ongoing construction the road is in tatters for a short distance.
After this till you meet the Old airport road, the road is good to commute.

If there is any road that needs immediate attention, it has to be the Chinnapanahalli main road

Last edited by suresh_gs : 29th February 2016 at 11:08.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks