Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 22:11   #11056
BHPian

Been stuck in front of Innovate Multiplex since last 30 minutes...
Old 15th March 2016, 23:52   #11057
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

What a day? What a lovely day? A good 1 hour to crawl from Ecospace to beyond the mess that is Doddanekundi and before you say thats fast by Bangalore standards, this was on a motorcycle

But yes, every cloud has a silver lining, in this case, since everyone and their uncle was stuck in that stretch, KR Puram was virtually empty at 8:30 in the evening and I could breeze through.
Old 16th March 2016, 08:12   #11058
Senior - BHPian

Quick "Virtual Update" about yesterday's rain-chaos in East Bangalore - As narrated by my wife who started by ITPL bus at 5:15 pm, and reached BTM at 7:40 pm.

- Marathalli - Innovative area was flooded. The bus accidentally went over the median twice, and people had to get down in the rain and wait, till the driver could bring back the bus on the road. Bus no. is ITPL 4R (IIRC).

- Kadubisenahalli underpass was flooded and all vehicles had to go up the underpass and cross over towards Ecospace / Sarjapur.

- At Kadubisenahalli underpass, major accident close the underpass. One vehicle T-Boned another. The flood water was upto their windows.
Old 16th March 2016, 08:16   #11059
BHPian

I was stuck in the same mess. Thankfully Google maps showed some alternative routes and I was able to cross the Kadubisenahalli underpass in 1 hour 20 mins!! From there to my home in Sarjapur Road was a breeze since everyone was stuck in the mess.
Old 16th March 2016, 08:31   #11060
Distinguished - BHPian

Reading all the reports from yesterday's rain and the subsequent chaos, I was just lucky to have made it home by 0515PM but what I truly feel is that the Ring Road should actually be a Boxing Ring Road for all the fighting that daily commuters do to cross the mess not just when it rains and gets flooded but even on a completely normal day when a Bus/Truck breaks down.

The section between Sarjapur Road Junction all the way till KR Puram Cable Stayed Bridge is one hell of an experience I must say.
Old 16th March 2016, 08:46   #11061
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The only thing that will make a difference is the mass emigration of all these companies outside of Bangalore.
India really badly needs a series of secondary satellite townships and cities, but our herd mentality ensures that everyone wants to stay cheek by jowl with each other!
Where is K J George in all this? Isn't he supposed to look after infra?
Old 16th March 2016, 08:58   #11062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Where is K J George in all this? Isn't he supposed to look after infra?
Bwahahah... I think he's still sulking he got fired from the HM's post. Haven't heard a peep out of him about Bangalore's myriad problems - garbage, infrastructure, public transport, power situation... :-)
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 08:59   #11063
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bwahahah... I think he's still sulking he got fired from the HM's post. Haven't heard a peep out of him about Bangalore's myriad problems - garbage, infrastructure, public transport, power situation... :-)
Professionals and tax payers should start a Quit Bangalore movement!
Old 16th March 2016, 11:28   #11064
BHPian

Another huge pile up from Silk board till god knows where. I was coming from HSR layout to my at Sarjapur road. Please plan youth commute or take work from home.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:42   #11065
Team-BHP Support

Apologies for stating the obvious, but at least half of the mess is due to people who'd rather be stuck for hours than wait minutes to let a blockage clear up. With 95% of the crowd belonging to the "I go first even if we all go nowhere" brigade, traffic mgmt. is an utopian dream. I pity the poor constables on traffic duty yesterday. I'd probably turn homicidal in a week given their job.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 12:48   #11066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Another huge pile up from Silk board till god knows where. I was coming from HSR layout to my at Sarjapur road. Please plan youth commute or take work from home.
I was driving on the opposite lane and I could see it extend all the way till the flyover before the panathur underpass near ecospace from silk board.

On my lane towards silk board, there was a lot of waterlogging just before the ecospace flyover leaving only the rightmost lane for use. There was so much water that even buses weren't able to use the left most lane. Hope this is drained out before evening peak hour traffic starts!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 13:51   #11067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Another huge pile up from Silk board till god knows where.
My colleague (whom I told about this warning) travelled in this section little while earlier called me back to inform that traffic is normal on both the sides.

Last edited by airbus : 16th March 2016 at 13:56.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 15:29   #11068
BHPian

I came to office now . Yes now there is no traffic jam. All clear
Old 16th March 2016, 16:17   #11069
BHPian

This is how Kundanahalli looked yesterday after the rain!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-rain.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by LoneRidder : 16th March 2016 at 16:20.
LoneRidder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:07   #11070
BHPian

As the year draws to a close, the cops are going all out to catch erring motorists. While I am all for it, do consider the bottlenecks that will be caused by the cops hauling half the vehicles on the road to the side to impose fines.

Saw cops catching motorists at 5 different places on my way to work from Basaweshwarnagar to EC at 7am!! It was specially bad near corporation circle as they had pulled over 4-5 cars and 10 2-wheelers to the side which made it difficult for other vehicles to move around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks