Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 14:43   #11086
JD1
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Some good news for Bangaloreans in today's State budget.
I think instead of showing moon every year, the government should focus on completing existing projects (and projects that were promised many years back - example PRR etc).
These days I don't get too excited when new projects are announced.
Old 18th March 2016, 14:50   #11087
Distinguished - BHPian

Like Yeddy's 60,000 crores 'committed investments' at his Global Investment Meets (GIM) :-)
Old 18th March 2016, 14:55   #11088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Some good news for Bangaloreans in today's State budget.

I normally avoid being cynical, but this kind of news succeeds in making me so.

This 'good' news comes every year just like the 'we will provide drinking water, roads, electricity' good news for villages, which unfailingly comes during election time, every time.

Check out this news from 2014 budget:
Link
Highlights :
1] Development and widening of roads - Rs 300 crore
2] Development and protection of 31 lakes - Rs 100 crore
3] Development of peripheral ring road - Rs 5800 crore
4] Elevated road to be constructed from Chalukya to Hebbal junction.
5] Elevated road to be constructed from Alisada to Basaveshwara Circle.
.. (and so on)

and this news from 2015 budget:
Link
"...widening of Bellary Road, Jayamahal Road, Sarjapura Road (from Outer Ring Road to Dommasandra), Bannerghatta Road (J.D. Mara Junction to NICE Road), Tannery Road, Dinnur Road, and Subratho Mukharji Road <blah><blah> 25 skywalks under Public-Private Partnership <blah><blah> BMRCL : Magadi Road and Nayandahalli line will be operative by mid 2015, all works under Phase 1 are expected to be completed by end of 2015 "

We are now in 2016. If we count the number of budget announcements which saw action on the ground, they are a precious few in number. What then happened to the crores that were showered on them ?

Bottom line : Dont get your hopes up. The flyover/underpass/metro which is under construction/proposed on your daily commute route to office, will be completed when it's karma allows it to be complete. Till then, the budget announcements and money will be recycled every year
perty is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:28   #11089
Team-BHP Support

Worst part, they probably don't even have the money they're pretending to commit to these projects. Budgets have long been nothing more than a pissing match, and past CMs have gone on record boasting how their next budget will hit the 1 lakh crore mark (extrapolate to whatever is a fancy large number now).

They then indulge in all sorts of revenue collection shenanigans (legalizing illegal construction, hiking taxes to absurd levels, the list goes on) to somehow meet their targets, but rarely manage to draw level. A lot of municipal projects stay incomplete for years either because the contractor runs away after getting paid (political nexus), or the honest ones down tools after prolonged non-payment.

Most of this stuff will never get off the proposal papers, and the few that do with either remain incomplete for ages, or be redundant by the time they're operational.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th March 2016 at 15:39.
Old 18th March 2016, 17:40   #11090
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Oh.. Already done that! Moved out of Bangalore and its traffic mess for good
Where have you gone?
Old 18th March 2016, 18:19   #11091
BHPian

another good news - petrol and diesel to be costlier from april 1st http://m.timesofindia.com/City/Benga...m_campaign=TOI
Old 19th March 2016, 10:33   #11092
BHPian

I observed that the u-turn to the Byappanahalli metro station coming from the Big Bazaar side is closed. What is the alternative way to get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I recall seeing 10th April - hope it is not like all the other dates that BBMP promises
I somehow feel this underpass is going to cause a lot of chaos at this junction

Last edited by rohanak1 : 19th March 2016 at 10:35.
Old 19th March 2016, 11:26   #11093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Where have you gone?
His location says KA25 - So Hubli it is ☺
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 12:32   #11094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
His location says KA25 - So Hubli it is ☺
I had replied to him over PM.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 20:17   #11095
BHPian

Anyone has used the SH104 to the airport recently? Any information on the road quality. Was thinking of using this route for a trip to the Indian Paratha Company near the airport. I had once used this road 1.5 years back and it had lot of potholes. Any recent updates on the road quality?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture3.jpg  

Old 19th March 2016, 20:31   #11096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Anyone has used the SH104 to the airport recently? Any information on the road quality. Was thinking of using this route for a trip to the Indian Paratha Company near the airport. I had once used this road 1.5 years back and it had lot of potholes. Any recent updates on the road quality?
The road was repaired not so long ago. One or two odd potholes remain but the rest of the road is fine. Avoids a lot of traffic.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 19:45   #11097
BHPian

Folks
Need help in deciding a route -I will be returning from Tirupati tomorrow evening via NH4 around 0600-0700pm.
I am dreading the traffic in KR Puram & ORR, as I need to reach Sarjapur road.
Does it make sense to take 207 SH from hoskote and join Sarjapur road, instead of KR purum/ ORR option?
Old 20th March 2016, 20:25   #11098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
This has been my regular route to the airport in the last 6 months. Excellent road surface for 95% of route, and a hassle free trip + no toll.

I live just off Old Madras Road behind Big Bazar, and it takes me about 1:00 hr during the day and about 1:15 mins at night. Night may be an issue because the road isn't lit, and has major truck traffic.
Old 20th March 2016, 23:19   #11099
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Folks
Need help in deciding a route -I will be returning from Tirupati tomorrow evening via NH4 around 0600-0700pm.
Does it make sense to take 207 SH from hoskote and join Sarjapur road, instead of KR purum/ ORR option?
Definitely makes sense. NH207 will be clear of traffic and now we also have Sarjapur bypass in place. I initially thought of suggesting Varthur road. But I think even that would be crowded in the evening.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 00:06   #11100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Folks
I've done this NH 207 route innumerable times and would recommend you to take this route.

Please exercise one precaution, coming from a 6-lane highway from Mulbagal upto Hosakote, you would suddenly find yourself in a 2-lane wide road with oncoming traffic. And first 2kms after you take left - you will have lots of rush.
So, please be patient and drive slow as around same time it will be getting dark.

There are some villages/hamlets and you should be slow. 70-80 would be a good enough speed.
Also, watch-out for the sudden twisties - some of them are preceded with speed bumps and some are not.
Don't expect bikers to have road sense. They drive as they own the road.

Also, there is a railway crossing at midway - but don't worry as the traffic won't be bad even if the crossing is closed.

Do let us know your experience!
daretodream is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks