Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:31   #11131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Alert: Nail mafia is back in ORR. Just have a look at this: https://www.facebook.com/MyRoadMyResponsibility

One of my colleagues was a victim of this day before yesterday. Someone purposely scattering nails on the ORR with an intention of puncturing vehicle tyres then earn money by fixing it. There were some arrests earlier but seems problem is still there. Earlier report: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/46899877.cms
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 06:03   #11132
BHPian

Jam alert at 0530 hrs. Road in front of cmrit college towards itpl is blocked. A taxi has collided with an elecctrical pole. Wires and pole hanging dangerously over the road. Clearing the road will require coordinated efforts of a number of dept. Could take time. If not cleared by 0730 hrs will create chaos for traffic towards itpl.
adnaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 11:06   #11133
Senior - BHPian

Ah, looks like everyone is on a holiday today.

But here is a typical workday scene and the looks of this thread from Monday

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1458883894505.jpg

Source: BG Sreedhhar, Whitefield Rising group on FB.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th March 2016 at 11:11. Reason: Corrected typo
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 09:58   #11134
BHPian

The road from ATM junction to ABB has been relaid but a horrendous job has been done. There seem to be 3 different roads in one road each having different thickness and color. If someone has to move from left of the road to the right we almost need to climb to the other side. Horrible job. But atleast there is a road now. We can expect our cabbies to be speeding here tomorrow.
Old 28th March 2016, 15:38   #11135
BHPian

Why does google maps traffic look like this?? I dont see any traffic from where I am
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-picture1.png

Last edited by superutp : 28th March 2016 at 15:40.
Old 29th March 2016, 10:35   #11136
Senior - BHPian

Okay, the rant for the day.
Time: 0900-0925Hrs.
Rant: I had left my home by around 0830Hrs and found that the traffic was little less on the roads. Called it a lucky day, and calculated the ETA at ITPL area as around 0920Hrs. Reached the Varthur village area by around 0900Hrs and found that a traffic jam was already out there. As usual people had also formed multiple lanes, with two wheelers criss crossing them as well.
It was at around 0915Hrs that the first traffic police man was sighted. He was soon followed by another party from the HSR layout side. And luckily they all managed to ease the jam in another 10mins. From what I could make out from the locals talking. The entire jam was caused by an abandoned car parked haphazardly on the main road!! The L&O Police had to move the vehicle. Found two cars parked in front of the PS. The sad part is that the L&O PS is right on the main road, but not even a single police man even bothered to do any thing when the traffic was piling up. Varthur area falls under the jurisdiction of two Traffic Police circles (Whitefield & HSR Layout). This adds to the problem as close coordination is required between officials of both these stations when major pile ups happen. Looks like in the city a few people with ulterior motives can really ground the traffic to a halt by doing some things which look silly.

Last edited by sachinpk : 29th March 2016 at 10:36.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:02   #11137
BHPian

Tried this yesterday. On the Android app, the pickup points gets listed (the numbers 1-7 that are displayed outside the terminal). I checked this at the baggage claim area and moved out. Then the bad thing happened...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The only pain is that Mobile Network at KIAL is ZERO. I don't know if it is some nexus between taxi aggregrators & airport employees, but Uber / OLA / TFS just doesn't work within the terminal or at the taxi pick up point.
Lost network and damn, I was stuck. Wish I had requested the cab at the baggage area itself. The network is fine for voice, but no data, so definitely the operator is at fault (Airtel). Finally had to settle with the Airport volvo. Lost 1 hr in the process.

So anyone using the app for booking cab should do it while inside the terminal. Lesson learned!
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 14:06   #11138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
So anyone using the app for booking cab should do it while inside the terminal. Lesson learned!
Actually do it on the bus ride from the plane itself. Once you get the driver's contact, you can call him and tell the exact pick-up point. I managed to book uber like this once.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 17:58   #11139
BHPian

Actually off late, airtel is having issues with data and also voice in bangalore and hyderabad. i am experiencing issues with both data and voice daily. Surprisingly vodafone works fine everywhere for me and data is fast too!!
Old 29th March 2016, 18:54   #11140
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
The road from ATM junction to ABB has been relaid but a horrendous job has been done. There seem to be 3 different roads in one road each having different thickness and color. If someone has to move from left of the road to the right we almost need to climb to the other side. Horrible job. But atleast there is a road now. We can expect our cabbies to be speeding here tomorrow.
Took this road this evening and it was flat throughout except for one place where there was a speed hump earlier and now hasn't been levelled out perfectly there, but for that rest is pretty good I would say.
I'm guessing you took the road when the work wasn't yet fully complete.
The good news now is that the work is complete and road is good so the first place where there was slow/standstill traffic was near Brigade Metropolis/Decathlon

Last edited by NPV : 29th March 2016 at 18:55.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 19:11   #11141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Took this road this evening and it was flat throughout except for one place where there was a speed hump earlier and now hasn't been levelled out perfectly there, but for that rest is pretty good I would say.
I'm guessing you took the road when the work wasn't yet fully complete.
The good news now is that the work is complete and road is good so the first place where there was slow/standstill traffic was near Brigade Metropolis/Decathlon
I took this road on Sunday morning and yeah as you said, it might not be fully ready. On Monday morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see it looked quite different from Sunday. It had levelled out and dried up So probably my rant was premature
The traffic at Metropolis/Garudacharpalya should probably reduce once the road behind Metropolis is fixed and ready to use.

Last edited by rohanak1 : 29th March 2016 at 19:12.
Old 30th March 2016, 10:28   #11142
Senior - BHPian

Heard that KEB folks have dug up a stretch of road in the Airport Rd. area and slow movements of vehicles is expected. Plus looks like there is also some VIP movement about to take place, in the same route.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:33   #11143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Heard that KEB folks have dug up a stretch of road in the Airport Rd. area and slow movements of vehicles is expected. Plus looks like there is also some VIP movement about to take place, in the same route.
Yep I think this is right. Just escaped going from Airport Rd towards Jeevanbima Nagar and onwards to Indiranagar. Although I had to take a left turn off Suranjandas Road the traffic was backed up from that T Junction (near Jeevan Bima Nagar BDA Complex) upto the Bharat Petroleum outlet nearly a km away. And of course there were the usual culprits adding to the mayhem. Two wheelers playing chicken with oncoming traffic and errant cabbies who were slowing things not only for themselves but also oncoming traffic. When will these folks grows a part of their brain which would tell them that going ahead and faster than the other messes with them and others.
Old 31st March 2016, 08:40   #11144
Distinguished - BHPian

What the hell do these cab drivers talk on the phone? I mean, just every other cabbie on the road will have the phone in his hand. Whom do they talk to? Has anyone heard what they talk for so long? Do they get free talktime or something so that they can maintain a live broadcast of the traffic?

Though I give them a tough time on the road, I am very curious to know what on earth will they have to speak for so long that too after driving for the whole day. I for one dont even feel like speaking to someone for sometime after reaching home
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 08:54   #11145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What the hell do these cab drivers talk on the phone?I mean, just every other cabbie on the road will have the phone in his hand. Whom do they talk to?
They talk to their shift buddies, buddies from the previous employer, buddies who served them Tea and Cigarretes at a Waiting Point, Traffic Signal, Parking Lot, Toll booth, Buddies like Security Guards from different companies & even ATMs and Public Sector Guards.

Quote:
Do they get free talktime or something so that they can maintain a live broadcast of the traffic?
May not be live broadcast of traffic for sure they would be discussing about the latest developments in the accessories world or making some serious fun looking at we idiots who follow rules.

Quote:
"Dude, I noticed a Pink LED flashing light on a Sumo"

"I want to color the wheel plates with Red and florescent green"

"I got rid of my IRVM and installed a 21 Inch CRT TV there"

"There's this blue Indicator on my instrument Panel, looks good at night"

"What are you hanging on your Indicator Stalks today? "

"I am fed up with the airtel jingle in the reverse siren, suggest me something new magaa"

"I have a moron ahead of me, at 0630am he has stopped for a Red light"

"There's this new sensor from China! Install that on your bumper and it notices even a bicycle approaching you from a distance of 500 meters and it starts flashing your headlights, I am getting the same installed tomorrow for 300 Bucks! "

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st March 2016 at 09:08.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks