Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 10:40   #11161
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Today noticed lots of slow moving traffic around JeevanBima Nagar and Indiranagar. Its not uncommon but I thought I should mention.
Today I had a little incident with a biker who was driving at nearly 80kph in heavy traffic.Unfortunately I was next to the white line on Jeevanbima nagar main road (no divider hence the white line). There was plenty of traffic coming from my opposite direction so I was definitely not on the other side of the white line. The biker in question , a heavyset chap on a Pulsar came very fast and thought that his speed and size would intimidate me into swerving left. I could not because I had traffic on my left. Somehow I did not yield to his trying to play chicken. He had to brake heavily and to his bad luck the cab he was trying to overtake accelarated and that completely blew his plans of a quick overtake out of the water.
Now he was scared and of course knew he had just been saved. So this resulted in anger and he acctually took a U turn drew along side me and used all the expletives in the English language.
On my part I just said one sentence "Saying bad words does not prove you right and me wrong. Please go." ... well he thought I would get equally angry and would exchange bad words. But I really felt pity for him. Finally he was safe and sound and nothing had happened except he got a wakeup call that his fast moves would not go by well. And he left.
I know this is a boring story but I am sure many four wheeler drivers have experienced this at some point of the day while commuting. As bikes get more and more powerful , people riding them are getting more and more careless and foolhardy. They should learn restraint on speed on crowded roads and trying to cut through gaps and risking their lives.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 15:02   #11162
BHPian

One Rant and One Update

Update on Madiwala Market Road:
Today I saw a diversion being done on Madiwala Market Road.
When you are coming from Krupanidhi college side, this diversion is at around mid-way- asking motorists to move to the newly done concrete road.

I had followed the straight road(without taking diversion) and saw lots of cement, sand, concrete trucks further down the road. So, looks like the work is starting on this side of the road anytime now.

Going by this speed, I guess, the roads will be ready in next 2-2.5 months. I hope the sooner the better given rains will be starting by then.

Rant of Early Morning Traffic at 06 AM:
Today morning, I'd to pickup my mother-in-law from before Silkboard flyover. I was waiting in service road just before silkboard flyover starts from Bommanhalli side.

I was there at 0600am. In just 10 minutes, I saw around 80 buses passing that area.. dropping passengers just before getting onto silk-board flyover.

I saw that the buses even stopping in right-most lanes, middle lanes and rushing off... and the buses will keep pushing behind each other..

So many passengers stranded on the road in right and middle lanes- almost all passengers woken from deep slumbers....some from AC sleeper buses.

And other buses behind them were not letting these poor souls cross- and honking their pipes at them. Some Auto-wallahs went to their rescue and got them to the side.

Once I spotted my mother-in-law, I'd to cross over to the middle lane and literally stop a bus both ways to let us pass.. they just wouldn't budge!
Only grace was that they didnt blow horn at me as I was aggressive pedestrian... not one of those sleepy folks.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 16:25   #11163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There were a couple of senior politicians (from Central Govt.) & bureaucrats who were in the city during the last couple of days. The temporary restriction could be because of this. The traffic police does have some right to bring in temporary traffic changes & restrictions (permanent directions have to come from the elected civic body). They may not have announced this earlier because that may leak the VIP travel & stay plans as well. Any ways let us wait for the official response .
This is a permanent feature, since some time.
Old 4th April 2016, 17:33   #11164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The traffic police does have some right to bring in temporary traffic changes & restrictions (permanent directions have to come from the elected civic body).
Yes, temporary restriction I too would not have be concerned about. However, here they have blocked the road and put up a barrier and sign board saying this road is only open for residents on that road. It is a proper No-Entry signboard with the same written across. Also, a friend of mine faced the same security last week or so.

Anyways, BTP has replied to my FB post that my request is forwarded to HSR police station. Will update based on any feedback.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 20:15   #11165
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Anyways, BTP has replied to my FB post that my request is forwarded to HSR police station. Will update based on any feedback.
I have tagged HSR Traffic Inspector's fan page so hopefully it will be picked up and we will get an update. Inspector Ganesh Rao is very proactive and citizen friendly.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 08:20   #11166
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a traffic rant, but since it's specific to Bangalore mentioning it here.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160405_081531.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 08:30   #11167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I saw the report too. Since I'm planning a out of Bangalore trip on Friday, was planning to leave the car at home with whatever fuel is left and commute by other means. Though I must say I'm shocked with the reasons cited for the strike; Devangothi, where all three majors have their terminals, seems to be lacking in very basic amenities like drinking water and toilets for the truck staff?

Shell is not part of the strike I suppose.
Old 5th April 2016, 09:28   #11168
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1494123
The effects of this was very evident.

8am in the morning, on top of the EC flyover I saw 4 vehicles had come to a total stop. I'm sure many more will follow. Traffic was already starting to pile up but I managed to get by because I was on a two wheeler.
Old 5th April 2016, 09:47   #11169
Distinguished - BHPian

With Hosur so close to electronic city(which is the workplace of many people), if and when the situation turns worse, we can always go fill fuel from there.
Old 5th April 2016, 10:34   #11170
Senior - BHPian

I saw the below news in The Hindu this morning and immediately went to the nearest IOC bunk and filled up the tank. Planning for a long weekend trip and did not want to take a risk
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160405_093129.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 5th April 2016 at 10:37.
Old 5th April 2016, 10:54   #11171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Though I must say I'm shocked with the reasons cited for the strike; Devangothi, where all three majors have their terminals, seems to be lacking in very basic amenities like drinking water and toilets for the truck staff?

I am not sure of the basic amenities, but I remember seeing small food stalls just outside the complex gate and nothing else apart from that. It is almost like in the middle of no where.
The main reason for the strike is for the bad approach roads from Hoskote .It is around 5 kms from the Hoskote-Malur road to the depot and all the times I have done that stretch, it was in bad state with huge craters for potholes and the road most of the way is wide enough for one truck to pass. Everytime there are two trucks crossing, one has to give way by stopping. If I remember right, this is the second such strike for the same reason.

I don't think Shell gets their fuel from the same depot,so yes, they won't be part of the strike but that means the line at Shell will be long too.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 11:51   #11172
JD1
BHPian

Side effect of fuel crisis is fewer vehicles on road. Traffic on Agara-Ecospace and even Graphite India road was less than usual! Now hoping the story repeats in evening too.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:14   #11173
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1494123
So this was the cause of the huge queue at Shell, Bellandur. There were a lot of cabs there to fill fuel.
BTW - Shell Bellandur has fuel, incase anyone needs to fill up.
Old 5th April 2016, 13:06   #11174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
So this was the cause of the huge queue at Shell, Bellandur. There were a lot of cabs there to fill fuel.
BTW - Shell Bellandur has fuel, incase anyone needs to fill up.
Attempted to go to Shell Belandur after seeing this update, but the whole service road is now jammed. Had to get out.

All 3 bunks on Sarjapur Road are also out of fuel.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:43   #11175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Side effect of fuel crisis is fewer vehicles on road. Traffic on Agara-Ecospace and even Graphite India road was less than usual! Now hoping the story repeats in evening too.
Okay. Even I felt the number of vehicles on the road to be lesser, but I thought that the schools have closed and Ugadi is around the corner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks