Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 08:22   #11191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The difference is between Rs 3 - Rs 3.50 between KA and TN. After April 1st, due to increase in salex tax in KA alone, I guess the price difference between KA and TN will be close to Rs 6.
You can compare prices here: http://www.mypetrolprice.com/

Hosur is not listed, but Salem = 61.37, Coimbatore = 61.08 and Bangalore = 64.53. Since I have not filled since 1/4 I don't know how accurate these are.

But I must say I have never seen the price difference to be as high as Rs. 6 despite frequently driving between Bangalore and Chennai. That would be quite a self-goal for KA.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:17   #11192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You can compare prices here: http://www.mypetrolprice.com/

Might be OT for this thread, but you can see real time Fuel prices across HP pumps in district headquarters in India at this portal http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/StateDis...ce.jsp?param=T

This link which used to give real time pricing of ALL HP pumps along a selected route sometimes doesn't work, sometimes works.
http://hproroute.hpcl.co.in/ROAlongRoute/index.jsp

Hosur: Petrol - 62.15, Diesel- 51.34
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:03   #11193
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is lesser number of vehicles on the roads during the peak hours. Is it because of school buses (and private vehicles exclusively going to drop school children) are off the roads? And as usual there seems to be some VIP movement on Air Port today as well (between 0915-1000Hrs).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:56   #11194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Looks like there is lesser number of vehicles on the roads during the peak hours. Is it because of school buses (and private vehicles exclusively going to drop school children) are off the roads? And as usual there seems to be some VIP movement on Air Port today as well (between 0915-1000Hrs).
Add the fact that plenty of people have already pushed off for their Ugadi break :-)
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 21:02   #11195
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is a huge traffic jam at Varthur. Police would soon reach from HSR Layout Traffic PS. Any accidents on Hosur Road??

Last edited by sachinpk : 7th April 2016 at 21:08.
Old 11th April 2016, 09:41   #11196
Senior - BHPian

Managed to complete the Elec. City->ITPL stretch (30kms) in just 45 mins today. I saw a marked decrease in the number of vehicles on the road. Looks like the vacation mood is yet to get over, and many people are yet to start to the office.
Old 11th April 2016, 09:50   #11197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Managed to complete the Elec. City->ITPL stretch (30kms) in just 45 mins today. I saw a marked decrease in the number of vehicles on the road. Looks like the vacation mood is yet to get over, and many people are yet to start to the office.
Its a common thing on mondays, especially if you start early. People come to work late and leave late. So its better you scoot out of ITPL early too, and it will be a good monday Its a charm if you are able to get to work early on a monday. Once people start coming out of the weekend slumber and come to the streets, it will be mayhem
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:04   #11198
Senior - BHPian

It is astonishing to see how BBMP wastes public money. Neatly laid kerb slabs in EPIP area are being dug out and being replaced by same kind of slabs..!! Mean while the footpaths remain in deplorable condition after being dug by telecom companies.
Old 11th April 2016, 10:20   #11199
Senior - BHPian

On the Madiwala Main road from the end of the flyover towards St Johns signal, we have barricades that serve the purpose of making the road 2 way. Off late I see so many gaps between the barricades sufficient enough for a sedan to squeeze in between the gaps and the traffic cops are not doing anything to control this.
Especially in the night, you never know when someone is going into barge in your path by squeezing in the gap between barricades.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:22   #11200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Off late I see so many gaps between the barricades sufficient enough for a sedan to squeeze in between the gaps and the traffic cops are not doing anything to control this.
A daily affair ever since they made this road 2 way. If you are on the right most lane next to these barricades, chances are that there will a cabbie or an Auto who will suddenly spot gap between these (minus the ribbon of course) and simply turn right/U abruptly!

Then there are people who do this at peak hours - Blocking traffic from the opposite direction as they finish making a U-Turn.

2 weeks before, there was Tempo Traveler ahead of me heading towards EC who suddenly decided to make a U-Turn. The point needs no hints if the "successfully" managed that U-Turn through the gap but the fact that he did this as he spotted cops stopping few Goods carriers at the Total Mall junction ahead and this chap didn't want to get caught and hence a quick U-Turn !

I have seen constables walking along the median tying the plastic ribbons on a regular basis. This is around 7:15 - 7:30am and by the same rout when I return back in the evening, sabotage is extreme that most of these ribbons would be hanging free.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:31   #11201
BHPian

Jam Alert - Traffic from HRBR layout to KR Puram on ORR is affected due to an accident on the flyover ramp towards KR Puram.
I crossed the accident site minutes after it happen at about 0945 AM (on opposite direction) - Looked like many cars applied hard brakes and a tempo traveler rear ended a truck. TT Driver was injured and stuck in the cabin, passengers were getting down from the back door of TT. There were already people to help out the situation so I continued in my carpool ride.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:33   #11202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A daily affair ever since they made this road 2 way. If you are on the right most lane next to these barricades, chances are that there will a cabbie or an Auto who will suddenly spot gap between these (minus the ribbon of course) and simply turn right/U abruptly!

Then there are people who do this at peak hours - Blocking traffic from the opposite direction as they finish making a U-Turn.

2 weeks before, there was Tempo Traveler ahead of me heading towards EC who suddenly decided to make a U-Turn. The point needs no hints if the "successfully" managed that U-Turn through the gap but the fact that he did this as he spotted cops stopping few Goods carriers at the Total Mall junction ahead and this chap didn't want to get caught and hence a quick U-Turn !

I have seen constables walking along the median tying the plastic ribbons on a regular basis. This is around 7:15 - 7:30am and by the same rout when I return back in the evening, sabotage is extreme that most of these ribbons would be hanging free.
You have hit the nail as far as U turn is concerned and I make sure that I dont drive on the right most lane while going towards St Johns Signal.
I guess this makeshift arrangement has been done till such time the Madiwala market road is made 2 way.
Till then do we have to endure such nightmares. Cant the traffic police think of any other arrangement apart from these flimsy barricades and STRONG ribbons?
Old 11th April 2016, 18:12   #11203
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the U-turn near Brookefields/Cosmos mall still allowed (when coming from EPIP side can one make a U-turn here) to head back towards Gopalan Splendor/Habitat apartment complex ?
*EDIT-Maybe there are 2 junctions, one near Cosmos and other one near Brooke Bond office/turn off to Ryan school ?

Last edited by NPV : 11th April 2016 at 18:13.
Old 11th April 2016, 18:50   #11204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is the U-turn near Brookefields/Cosmos mall still allowed (when coming from EPIP side can one make a U-turn here) to head back towards Gopalan Splendor/Habitat apartment complex ?
*EDIT-Maybe there are 2 junctions, one near Cosmos and other one near Brooke Bond office/turn off to Ryan school ?
Not sure which junction you are referring to. However while coming from EPIP there is a right "U" turn after crossing Knights bridge apartment (located on the left) and before the Tata Motors showroom. It is quite easy to locate the turn as a number of vehicles make this U turn. Just stick to the right line after crossing the Gopalan complex and make the U turn.

Last edited by adnaps : 11th April 2016 at 18:52. Reason: Correction
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 07:50   #11205
Distinguished - BHPian

Just made an early morning drive to Electronics City, after many months of tackling peak hour traffic (10 a.m/7 p.m) I simply didn't know what to do with the accelerator beyond 60, seemed like a dream that a higher speed is possible though I preferred to cruise down the road at the relaxing speed.

HSR is a sorry sight though, specially the Silk Bored Junction (yes that was an intentional typo). The service road has been dug up and how, it almost looks like they want to make another moat to compliment the gutter beside it. Along the route I saw that the old drain pipes that are about 7 feet in diameter have been removed in certain stretches and are being replaced by newer ones, this is heights of idiocy in my opinion. Makes me think that the contractors who are signed up with the government agencies like BESCOM/BBMP/BWSSB act a lot similar like service-advisors do with the car owners, here's a skit for the forum's benefit :

C (Contractor) : Saar after inspection the pipes laid on ____ Road is almost 6 months old SAAR
GA (Govt Agency) : Oh is it? What do we do now?
C : Saar we dig and replace the old pipes with new pipes.
GA : How much will it cost?
C : I'll make very little saar, approximate 50 crores total cost.
GA : That's all? Make it 60 *wink wink*
C : Ok saar you issue W.O immediately I'll arrange 50 bulldozers, several dozen lorries and 1000 kgs of TNT.
GA : Ok, also take your time in finishing the job, the public has to see our hard work after all.. your deadline is 5 decades.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed