Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 23:08   #11371
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

What's with these morons in Bangalore doing a blind u turn. While I'm batting these morons the richer class of these breeds merge into lanes from the shoulder with no warning. Narrowly missed at least 3 cars today. I did evaluate my driving and no I didn't have sufficient reaction time.
One guy with gold chains as thick as a bike chain, on his bulging neck manages to stare at me long enough to convey his telepathic message of how dare you honk at my monkey tricks. All this while driving up the bridge on the BEL Road towards BEL circle, on the oncoming traffic side.
Its like a special place these morons get their download of such antics

God Speed their cure, if at all

Last edited by no_boundaries : 6th May 2016 at 23:09.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 08:36   #11372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I only agree partially. We should not zip past bikers. But I dont agree with letting people pass through dangerously. Rather it's safer for a two wheeler to maintain a steady pace. the way they try to zip past bigger vehicles scares me. Today I could witness such incidents all over my way home. At least my car has ABS to help me slow down for such people. But the same thing in front of a bigger vehicle or the usual cabs will be a dangerous thing.

And yes for the record today was a grueling two hour drive home. And like a fool I decided to leave office late.
Never did mention 'dangerously'.

What I was trying to state was, there will be situations when in a slow moving jam, bikers would try to find their way ahead, they may be nuts who do it dangerously or otherwise.
For instance, there was a lady driver I was in the process of overtaking on a flooded road. Both of us were in slow speeds initially not raising a splash. The moment she saw I was getting ahead, just sped up and ended up splashing on me who was right beside.
My post was not intended on starting a two wheeler - four wheeler debate like TorqueyTechie mentioned. Just putting across my observations from what I noticed yesterday.
I do drive and ride, so I notice both versions.
Old 7th May 2016, 13:14   #11373
BHPian

Ohh yesterday I too suffered, started from Manyata tech park to Electronic city by evening 5:30, reached KR puram by exactly 7:30, then the ORR traffic because of the burnt swift in INTEL fly over, water logging in silkboard, and finally reached by home at 8:45.
It was too much of a torture. I am scared what will happen when rains intensify after summer. Government should do something as no.of vehicles is increasing drastically month by month.
Old 8th May 2016, 08:36   #11374
BHPian

Rant on cabbies: Off late it's becoming impossible to drive sedately (60-80kmph) in middle lane on ORR between Horamavu and Hebbal at odd hours.They chase you,honk you, flash you ,despite you being driving within speed limits but not slow by any means. Then they will cut you at very high speed and come in front of you and start driving sedately. I don't know what's the issue with these guys.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 08:55   #11375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
P.S : Was a little concerned towards the end of the drive as the thermostat indicator was very close to the high temperature mark. Any help on this guys? My drive is a fiat palio stile.
Check these out
1. Coolant level
2. If the radiator fan is working
3. Is the fan is working at the right rpm. When it seems to fail, the fans tend to run slow.
4. Leakage of the coolant

If the above seems to be normal, then you need not worry a bit. It may be one off day when your beast was burdened.
Old 9th May 2016, 07:21   #11376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Rant on cabbies: Off late it's becoming impossible to drive sedately (60-80kmph) in middle lane on ORR between Horamavu and Hebbal at odd hours.They chase you,honk you, flash you ,despite you being driving within speed limits but not slow by any means. Then they will cut you at very high speed and come in front of you and start driving sedately. I don't know what's the issue with these guys.
Their only aim is to bully drivers/riders who follow discipline. In the interest of your safety, I would suggest you to stick to the left lane while driving.
Old 9th May 2016, 08:17   #11377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Their only aim is to bully drivers/riders who follow discipline. In the interest of your safety, I would suggest you to stick to the left lane while driving.
Add to this is that they are hoping to provoke you into some kind of reaction to their driving, following which they will block and harass you and others of their kind will also stop to join in.

Keep your cool and drive very defensively. You are commuting home while for them the drive is an integral part of their daily thrill after seeing B-grade movies which extol exactly this kind of aggression and behaviour.

Just stay cool is my advice.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 08:27   #11378
Senior - BHPian

Came across this in today's BM. I don't even know what to say about this.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/articleshow/52179647.cms
Old 9th May 2016, 09:02   #11379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Is Bangalore catching up with Delhi on the issue of road rage. Looking by the string of news reports about similar such incidents, I wont be surprised if Bangalore overtakes Delhi on this aspect.
Old 9th May 2016, 10:42   #11380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came across this in today's BM. I don't even know what to say about this
The comments on the article says it all. The Bangalore Traffic Police are bluffing, and looks like a local thug/politician/businessman is involved.
Came back to say: I searched the vehicle # given in the picture. KA51 N588. This belongs to one Mr. Venkata Muni Reddy. He is the first owner, and the vehicle's description also seems to match the vehicle shown in the picture - a Honda car.

Last edited by sachinpk : 9th May 2016 at 10:46.
Old 9th May 2016, 15:00   #11381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Its almost impossible to stick or drive on any lane. I personally hate taking the left lane just because of BMTC. They make weird and unscheduled stops on the left lane. And almost everyday this has happened to me. Would be driving peacefully, and suddenly a BMTC bus overtakes you, cuts in front of the car and stops to let people in!
The right most lane will mostly be jammed because of people wanting to take U turns. And you will have to depart from the right lane because of merging into or out of the flyovers.

Quote:

Thats a real scary story. Whats the take away from this? Drive meek and dont ever react even if you are violated?
Old 9th May 2016, 15:09   #11382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Thats a real scary story. Whats the take away from this? Drive meek and dont ever react even if you are violated?
Take away - If you find a moron on a road, pray that he crashes his car and tips over the next flyover. Never try to care for them and discipline them.

I have that simple logic. Usually these days its like I dont have eye contact with any other driver on the road. Has helped me make my way through traffic home safely. If this guy was driving rash, one day he will definitely run out of luck, else how could there be so many accident cases. Not our problem untill the day someone runs into my car.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 15:30   #11383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The comments on the article says it all. The Bangalore Traffic Police are bluffing, and looks like a local thug/politician/businessman is involved.
Came back to say: I searched the vehicle # given in the picture. KA51 N588. This belongs to one Mr. Venkata Muni Reddy. He is the first owner, and the vehicle's description also seems to match the vehicle shown in the picture - a Honda car.
I would go with BTP here as the RTO search query for KA51 N588 listed the car as Honda City EMT whereas the car in pic is a Honda Civic. Certainly there is something fishy here and this act of hooligan is quite disturbing. With my experience so far I have stopped pointing fingers or having eye contact at someone whom I don`t know because for sure I know my action won`t have any impact on them. Rather it will hurt their ego and make them more aggressive towards me.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 16:26   #11384
BHPian

Could be even the case of the showroom messing up the registration plates. But strange that the owner havent cross checked this with his RC book. Or maybe the owner realized the dealers goof up but continued to drive around thaks to the added security that this setup gives. The plates look the HSRP one, which is not usually given by the dealers.
Old 9th May 2016, 16:30   #11385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I would go with BTP here as the RTO search query for KA51 N588 listed the car as Honda City EMT whereas the car in pic is a Honda Civic. Certainly there is something fishy here and this act of hooligan is quite disturbing. With my experience so far I have stopped pointing fingers or having eye contact at someone whom I don`t know because for sure I know my action won`t have any impact on them. Rather it will hurt their ego and make them more aggressive towards me.
I think the RTO made a mistake in the entry of model name. If you look at the engine number, its an R18xxxxxx which is a Honda Civic 1.8liter petrol engine. This is easy peasy - wonder why the culprits have not been caught yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks