Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 09:59   #11461
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

How bad is the water at Silk Board? They have been trying to fix the waterlogging in front of the Renault showroom at Silk Board for more than a week now. Looks like the drainage below the road is blocked and even a small shower results in water logging. And that road joining from HSR/BTM to Hosur road below the silk board flyover is in ruins.
Old 19th May 2016, 10:43   #11462
Distinguished - BHPian

Late report but in the morning I saw two huge trailers parked between Prestige Shantiniketan Gate 1 and 2. This had cut down the road to a single lane road. Think this will be an issue throughout the day as I dont see any signs of the trailer moving. If one has to reach ITPL I think its better to avoid this stretch.
Old 19th May 2016, 11:29   #11463
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One long spell of rain for 2 hours is enough to throw traffic out of gear in Bangalore!
Last evening, a friend left from Whitefield at 8pm to reach his home on Haralur Road at 12:15am thanks to all the water logging on Outer ring road

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Late report but in the morning I saw two huge trailers parked between Prestige Shantiniketan Gate 1 and 2. This had cut down the road to a single lane road.
Didn't see this around 9:45am this morning, was this very early in the day ?

Last edited by NPV : 19th May 2016 at 11:31.
Old 19th May 2016, 11:35   #11464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Yes. The underpass below the railway line is badly flooded. There was water logging at the entry of the flyovers too.
This underpass was still flooded as of 10:15 AM today!
Only one lane was usable and even on that that, the vehicles had to crawl at a very slow speed.
There was a huge traffic pile up extending all the way till innovative multiplex in marathalli because of this!
Old 19th May 2016, 11:38   #11465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Only one lane was usable and even on that that, the vehicles had to crawl at a very slow speed.
There was a huge traffic pile up extending all the way till innovative multiplex in marathalli because of this!
On this side of the road traffic piled up right from KR Pura railway station
Old 19th May 2016, 11:42   #11466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Didn't see this around 9:45am this morning, was this very early in the day ?
Oh thats good to hear. I saw it at 7:15 and thought that they would camp there for the day and continue further at night Guess the traffic police shooed them away.
Old 19th May 2016, 11:52   #11467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Was it flooded on the other side as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
On this side of the road traffic piled up right from KR Pura railway station
It had backed up till Kasturi Nagar! I travelled to Ecospace from Tin Factory, via Graphite India/Kundalahalli to bypass this colossal mess. Took me an hour after I started at 10AM.
Old 19th May 2016, 13:57   #11468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
One long spell of rain for 2 hours is enough to throw traffic out of gear in Bangalore!
Last evening, a friend left from Whitefield at 8pm to reach his home on Haralur Road at 12:15am thanks to all the water logging on Outer ring road
I shudder to think of Bangalore's fate if it were to face nature's fury like the 2015 floods in Chennai.
No proper routes for the water to drain out resulting in all the chaos that we have to face.
Old 19th May 2016, 15:12   #11469
Distinguished - BHPian

OLA gets dedicated parking zone at the Airport-Called OLA Zone.

Quote:
Transportation app Ola has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (KIAB) to extend its range of mobility solutions to travelers through a designated 'Ola Zone' at the place. This arrangement will allow Ola driver-partners to park their vehicles inside KIAB premises, with specifically demarcated areas to offer uninterrupted service to travelers arriving in the city.

Customers can book an Ola cab from their app on their arrival at KIAB. Their designated cab and driver will be waiting at the 'Ola Zone', across the Arrivals gate. Ola has also deputed queue representatives to guide customers towards their cab if need be.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-olazone.jpg

Source: ETAuto

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th May 2016 at 15:13.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 15:23   #11470
Team-BHP Support

My office cab service is app-based, so it's easier to track cabs real-time and tweak schedules accordingly. I saw my cabbie take TWO hours to get from Doddanekundi to HSR (just about halfway to my place), so cancelled pickup and stayed home. If it rains tonight too, bye-bye commuting till Monday.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:42   #11471
BANNED

For some odd reason there was very less traffic last night @ 8:40PM at Tin Factory! I thought there will be a massive traffic jam at least till Phoenix Market city. But I was wrong, there was no traffic at all till Signal near the Hyundai showroom and it just took less than 5 mins to cross Tin factory.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:55   #11472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
For some odd reason there was very less traffic last night @ 8:40PM at Tin Factory! I thought there will be a massive traffic jam at least till Phoenix Market city. But I was wrong, there was no traffic at all till Signal near the Hyundai showroom and it just took less than 5 mins to cross Tin factory.
There is no logic which works at the Tin Factory. But one thing I always noticed, whenever the entire city would be jammed because of rains, tin factory area would usually take me home fastest.

And this happened multiple times.
sammyboy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 17:58   #11473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Any idea what is the reason for the massive jam at Doddanagundi? My wife started from hebbal at 8 and is stuck at ORR near emc for the past 1.5hrs.
Eventually she arrives home in HSR Layout at 12:30AM - a record breaking 4:30 hours of commute.
Old 19th May 2016, 18:40   #11474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Eventually she arrives home in HSR Layout at 12:30AM - a record breaking 4:30 hours of commute.
This is criminal really. Yesterday our CM encountered some rough roads and ordered BBMP to set it right before it starts raining. These guys should go through this ordeal atleast once when countless people do it everyday.
Old 19th May 2016, 20:14   #11475
Team-BHP Support

There's a flyover under construction at Doddanekundi junction, and it's one of the busiest junctions on ORR even without that nonsense. As it stands, traffic from multiple sources - Bagmane WTC, Samsung and other assorted traffic from internal roads - is converging into ONE lane at the junction on the Marathahalli-bound carriageway. Add in the 1.5 lanes joining this mess from the Mahadevapura/KR Puram side, utter chaos. I work in Bagmane WTC and they actually had to close down the front exit for a while around 10.30PM yesterday so people would stop piling into the gridlock outside.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks