Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:58   #11596
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
One person boarded 500C from ITPL at 7PM. Reached Banashankari at 12AM - 5 hours journey to cover 25 Km (5 kmph) . New record for him. Earlier record was 4 hours. Actually, the bus took 4.5 hours for first 15 Km to reach Iblur and just 30 minutes for last 10 Km
Most of my colleagues who left Whitefield at 7 PM reached home at 12 AM on Bannerghatta Road, Jayanagar and Banashankari Area. All were stuck just after Marathahalli bridge on the Ring Road.

Yesterday I took 500C at 3:45 PM since I had to pick my car from service and hence escaped the choas, but I know its just matter of time that I will be stuck

Regards
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:22   #11597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One person boarded 500C from ITPL at 7PM. Reached Banashankari at 12AM - 5 hours journey to cover 25 Km (5 kmph) .
A bit of "silver lining" in the "dark clouds". A friend of mine boarded the bus from ITPL at 2015Hrs and reached J.P Nagar by 2215Hrs. Two hours of travel team seems to be decent (on that route) considering yesterday's chaos. Credit for this goes to the driver, conductor and a passenger. The conductor and one passenger used their mobile phones to get traffic updates. Conductor and driver then worked on alternate routes.
The bus took ITPL->Kundalahalli->Marathahalli bridge (crossed over ORR)->Domlur->ASC Centre->Vivek Nagar->Koramangala PS->Forum Mall (people bound towards Madivala, Maruti Nagar chucked out at this point)->Adu Godi->Dairy Circle (road block reported in this area)->NIMHANS->Ashoka Pillar->Jayanagar......
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:44   #11598
BHPian

Not a rant really but an update. My office is at Prestige Tech Park and for a long time we have been using Old Airport Road - Yemlur - PTP route to get to office although the road is non-existent between Yemlur - PTP. On any given day it takes about 35 - 40 minutes to reach office from Kaggadasapura.

Last weekend's rain meant that the road was slushy and as expected on Monday the road was jammed due to some vehicle getting stuck in the slush. We took the alternate route via Bellandur to reach office which doubled the time of travel. Started at 9:15 AM and reached at 10:45 AM and a distance of around 11kms.

After yesterday's downpour we were expecting a slush fest enroute today and were greeted with more than a that. Check this video recorded enroute today by my better half.

Looking forward to tomorrow's "journey" on this route!

Last edited by alokgunhal : 2nd June 2016 at 14:45. Reason: grammer
alokgunhal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:58   #11599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
Not a rant really but an update. My office is at Prestige Tech Park and for a long time we have been using Old Airport Road - Yemlur - PTP route to get to office although the road is non-existent between Yemlur - PTP. On any given day it takes about 35 - 40 minutes to reach office from Kaggadasapura.

Last weekend's rain meant that the road was slushy and as expected on Monday the road was jammed due to some vehicle getting stuck in the slush. We took the alternate route via Bellandur to reach office which doubled the time of travel. Started at 9:15 AM and reached at 10:45 AM and a distance of around 11kms.
Wow!! that looks scary!! Good that no cars got stuck in that mud! This really shows the pathetic state of our infrastructure!! Why don't you post this in social media in hope of some action ?
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:26   #11600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After yesterday's downpour we were expecting a slush fest enroute today and were greeted with more than a that. Check this video recorded enroute today by my better half.
This news says - Bellandur recorded 116 mm rainfall in 15 minutes
Quote:
Bellandur recorded a massive rainfall of 116 mm from 6.15 to 6.30 pm alone. BBMP helplines were flooded with calls from residents of the SJR Redwood Apartments in the locality where almost 5 feet of water had entered the building premises.
Hemmigepura in RR Nagar zone recorded 120 mm of rainfall at 7.30 pm. KG Halli in South Bengaluru saw 108 mm of rainfall during the same time and in Marathahalli, there was 81 mm of rainfall recorded.
Bangalore on an average receives 100 mm rain in a month. That much rain in few minutes
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:42   #11601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Wow!! that looks scary!! Good that no cars got stuck in that mud! This really shows the pathetic state of our infrastructure!! Why don't you post this in social media in hope of some action ?
It is my regular commute route too - sometimes on my Activa. This road has been like this for at least 3 years. It is also a favourite dumping ground of construction debris by unscrupulous builders (often half the road gets blocked by that).
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:45   #11602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Gosh, that route you took looks terrible! I think you've already qualified for any offroading event in India!

What is that white stuff on the road? Looks like ice to me. And until I saw that you drive an SX4, I thought you were being foolish to follow a Thar.
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:55   #11603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, that route you took looks terrible! I think you've already qualified for any offroading event in India!

What is that white stuff on the road? Looks like ice to me. And until I saw that you drive an SX4, I thought you were being foolish to follow a Thar.
The white thing is the froth from lakes/water bodies nearby. They are caused because of pollution in water bodies. Google for Bellandur lake and you will be shocked to see the videos.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:08   #11604
BHPian

Quote:

Well that froth which was creating havoc on the other side of Bellandur lake has suddenly increased on Yemlur side of the lake.

In the last 3 years that we have been taking this road never have I seen froth on the road in this route.

I am so used to this route that navigating through the slush and puddle is a piece of cake. In fact I have joked many a times with one off road team member in Bangalore that this can be a nice location for their next Urban Off Road Challenge.
alokgunhal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:11   #11605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well that froth which was creating havoc on the other side of Bellandur lake has suddenly increased on Yemlur side of the lake.

In the last 3 years that we have been taking this road never have I seen froth on the road in this route.

I am so used to this route that navigating through the slush and puddle is a piece of cake. In fact I have joked many a times with one off road team member in Bangalore that this can be a nice location for their next Urban Off Road Challenge.

I'm thanking my stars that I did not get selected for a contract position in Oracle at PTP last week. I was eyeing your route to work as I was planning to stay somewhere on old Airport road for the duration of the contract.
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:10   #11606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am amazed at the video and it takes guts to drive on such waterlogged mud roads and that to to work :-). You seem to be making 100% paisa vasool from your SX4. In my opinion, anything lower than a crossover (SX4 / S-Cross / Duster) is actually a gamble on such roads.

On a painfully ironical note, everyone wanting to move to Bangalore should be shown this video BEFORE they accept that 'lucrative' offer to move to India's Silicon City.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd June 2016 at 21:22. Reason: removed embedded video. Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2016, 07:39   #11607
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thanking my stars that I did not get selected for a contract position in Oracle at PTP last week. I was eyeing your route to work as I was planning to stay somewhere on old Airport road for the duration of the contract.
Lucky you and your car, both of them escape unscathed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I am amazed at the video and it takes guts to drive on such waterlogged mud roads and that to to work :-). You seem to be making 100% paisa vasool from your SX4. In my opinion, anything lower than a crossover (SX4 / S-Cross / Duster) is actually a gamble on such roads.
On another note, how is Sx-4 a crossover?! Hope you are not confusing it to be a 4WD vehicle like half the people out there!
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:38   #11608
Distinguished - BHPian

In the month of March, I had posted how the Bengaluru Traffic Police managed to flag down 2 Staff buses belonging to Siemens for Violating the "No Entry" Rule. This act was something that was unusual and commendable.

Here is that post : ||BTP Stop 2 Siemens Buses for Violating one way Rule||

After few weeks of this, it was business as usual. These buses were back on this stretch abusing the No Entry rule and merrily reaching their destination earning brownie points from the sleeping staff for having made them reach their office 5 minutes earlier through a short cut.

So I happened to pull over on a regular weekday morning the Madiwala Police Station Junction and spoke to cops:

Quote:
Me: Sir, how are these Green buses allowed to enter the junction from a road that has banned entry for Buses? Don't you stop them?

Cop: We make an try of these in our book (There was no book in his hand anyway) and send notices.

Me: Only few weeks before, I had appreciated your work when you stopped 2 of these buses and now I see them breaking this rule so easily right in your presence

Cop: Saar, they "Escape" our eyes when we are regulating traffic on Market road

Me: But now they are passing you right as we talk!!

Cop: No sir, don't worry, we will book them

Me: Thank you! (and I leave)
Yesterday was all the more interesting. One shot and 2 Birds.

A Siemens Staff bus not only jumps a signal but also merrily enters a No-Entry road and I was quick to post that on BTP's FB Page and received a standard response that we all know.

So I take this up with one of my friend who works for Siemens and he posts this in on their Intranet site yesterday and also gives me 2 email IDs to whom I can mail this. I assumed things will be taken care due to that Intranet post but this is what happens today at the same junction when 2 of these buses again entered this road:

In the above Video at 20s you can notice how a Staff bus belonging to Infosys still takes the designated route via Madiwala Market.

So finally, I send a detailed email to Siemens representatives this morning as below hoping that they take some action else I will copy them and write to DCP Traffic and Madiwala Traffic Police. The menace (or rather Hooliganism) by these ruffians needs to stop:

Quote:
Date: Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 8:06 AM
Subject: Regular abuse of "No Entry" rule by Siemens Staff buses
To: XXX@siemens.com, YYY@siemens.com
Dear XXX and YYY,

I am writing to you with regards to regular and frequent violation of Traffic rules by Siemens Staff buses between St. Johns Hospital Signal and Madiwala Police Station (Total Mall Junction).

Ever since this stretch has been made 2 way to facilitate concretization of Madiwala Market Road, there is a ban on entry of HCVs, LCVs and TTs and they need to reach Madiwala Police Station Junction via Krupanidhi Junction and Madiwala Market.

However, over the last few months, I have been witnessing company buses contracted by Siemens regularly entering this road between 0700 and 0720am on weekdays while all the other company buses take the designated route via Market.

I have captured these violations and even posted on BTP Facebook page once appreciating how they once stopped 2 Siemens buses for violating this rule. This was in March, 2016 and here is the good work by BTP:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MRY53sJrl2g

After few days, things were back to normal and these buses again violated No entry.
Yesterday morning, this Bus again belonging to Siemens not only abused the No Entry rule, but also jumped a Traffic light that was Red:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Wvfnphniry8

Today I saw 2 buses entering this road very casually while an Infosys Bus (you can see that at 20 Seconds of this clip) take the proper road:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=3ryA0sLrOX4

If you are concerned with Transport for the organization, I request you to stop this hooliganism on roads as you represent a Brand in the market. Please let me know the action you take on my complaint else I will be writing to DCP East along with Madiwala Traffic Police Station an email regarding the same.

On another note, I have evidences of your buses speeding at 100 KMPH and driven rashly on BETL stretch through my Dashcam. I have nothing in particular about Siemens buses but if you look at the Videos, you will notice how its only Siemens buses who very casually break traffic rules.

Regards,

Parag

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd June 2016 at 09:05.
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:41   #11609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
On another note, how is Sx-4 a crossover?! Hope you are not confusing it to be a 4WD vehicle like half the people out there!
Not at all . The original Suzuki SX4 (minus our boot fixation) was sold as a crossover in the UK amongst other markets.

My definition of the 'new' crossover breed involves taking an existing sedan/hatch chassis, raising the GC (>~205 mm) and incorporating a rough road package including wheel-arch / bumper cladding. Classic case is the i20 Active. In fact VW's Cross Polo had the same GC as the normal Polos which is hilarious

The SX4 fully meets this 'new' definition. Actually bracketing the Duster in this lot is unfair as it is a true mini-SUV and not a pseudo one.
Old 3rd June 2016, 08:53   #11610
Senior - BHPian

That's a pretty adventurous off-roading track, I guess only cars with good GC would make it.

Quote:
This news says - Bellandur recorded 116 mm rainfall in 15 minutes
Bangalore on an average receives 100 mm rain in a month. That much rain in few minutes
That really possible ? ~12cm rain within 15mins would result in a pretty serious flood.

Btw, OT : Yesterday Afternoon, ~11am, I came from Jayanagar (near Vijaya college) to Ulsoor in 30mins flat.

Blissful empty roads, made my day, completed all appointments on time.

Made me feel very strongly that if public (we) took up shared transport to a substantial level, we'd ALL have the same experience.

Private entities like UBER & Ola will probably be more than happy to participate, we'll only have to make it a top election priority for govts to take this up seriously just to set rules & standards of operation for the aggregators.

Let's see.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks