Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 23:33   #11641
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eethanhunt View Post
Stuck in front of VIMS hospital Marathhalli since 30 minutes. Any idea what's up ahead? Thats causing the jam???
Water logging in Kadubeesanahalli underpass. I just reached home from there.
Old 7th June 2016, 00:12   #11642
Team-BHP Support

Severe water logging at multiple spots along ORR and HAL Airport road right upto Lifestyle junction.

Thankfully didn't encounter any broken down vehicles and traffic was moving.
Old 7th June 2016, 02:27   #11643
BHPian

Took me 2 hours to commute from Manyata tech park to Salarpuria Softzone... frustrating!
Old 7th June 2016, 08:03   #11644
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b54_story.html

Though the exact same problem exists in Bangalore too, our crude solutions work a lot better than the decorous ones tried by Timothy Connor and friends. :-)
Old 7th June 2016, 08:13   #11645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In the month of March, ....
Update:
As expected, nobody responded to my email and hence on yesterday, I uploaded another video of subsequent violation by the same buses on yesterday and wrote a detailed email to DCP Traffic and Madiwala Traffic Police requesting them to act on these erring buses.

The mail is as below where I am not masking the emails of the Traffic police as it is available on BTP's website:

Quote:
to: "IGP Addl.Commissioner of Police, Traffic" <addlcptrafficbcp@gmail.com>,
madivalatrafficbcp@ksp.gov.in
cc: XXX@siemens.com,
YYY@siemens.com
date: Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 8:13 AM
subject: Fwd: Regular abuse of "No Entry" rule by Siemens Staff buses

Dear Bangalore Traffic Police,

I am compelled to write to you after repeated posting of regular and frequent violation of the No Entry rule by Siemens Staff buses every day at St. Johns Signal.

Last week, I had written a detailed email to the concerned contacts at Siemens but I have not even received any acknowledgement in this regard so far.

From past 3 working days, I am capturing these offences by almost all the Siemens Staff buses which forcibly enter the road leading to Madiwala from St. John's Junction which had banned entry for HVCs and LCVs. In fact, these buses even jump the signal and enter this road endangering motorists who are following traffic rules.

It was only in March that your cops were seen flagging down 2 of these buses and fining them but as of today, it is business as usual and these buses continue to abuse the rule that bars them from entering this road.

I request you to please watch every video in this email.

1. Video where Traffic Cops stop Siemens Buses in March 2016 for Violation:

<Youtube Video URL>

2. Simultaneous violations by Siemens Buse (No Entry + Jumping Traffic Light)

<Youtube Video URL>

3. Violation of No Entry rule, on the very next Day:

<Youtube Video URL>

4. Violation of No Entry rule, Today morning (KA01AD727)

<Youtube Video URL>

5. Violation right in front of Traffic Inspector

<Youtube Video URL>

My Post shared on Bengaluru Traffic Police Facebook Page last week:

https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreTr...64936278851736

It is my humble request that you acknowledge this email and take action against the erring buses who continue to violate the basic rule on everyday basis, right in front of cops.

(Refer the email below I have written to Siemens representatives last week)

Regards,

Parag
What happened today:

Again, a lots of these buses entering the same road and I was in high hopes that cops were standing at the other end to stop them. However, my hopes didn't fade that badly. There were cops indeed who were mostly seen gesturing to the drivers of these buses (Watch between 22-24 Seconds) that they will note them down (But not really noting them down and letting them pass).

As I had decided earlier, I pulled over and spoke to these cops. Here's the translation for those who cannot follow Kannada along with the Video from the Dashcam:

Quote:

Me:Sir, I hope you are aware of the complaint that you received regarding these buses?

Cop:Yes sir, we have indeed received the complaint

Me:That was me who has complained and here is the camera which is recording it

Cop: But we don't have place to stop these buses (and we know how jams galore when they flag down everything else)

Me: It is not like that, they even bully other who are waiting patiently at the signal to jump so that they can pass & I am recording these events on a daily basis

Cops: You have done a good job, you must keep sending these mails (Really?)

Me: Sir, please stop them as they trouble those who follow the rules

Cops: Yes sir, watch now we will stop them................
And the cops actually stop a bus ferrying Siemens employees as I say thank you and move on.

I am not sure if this was the affect of the email that I wrote to the cops yesterday but I am hopeful the cops now act. In fact, way back in 2012, when I was wrongly fined for overspeeding, it was not the FB Post but a detailed email that helped me get the case reversed in my favor and I was refunded the entire fine amount that I had paid.

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th June 2016 at 08:38.
paragsachania is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:06   #11646
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

With almost all schools opening for the new academic year, it is back to square one for traffic in the peak hours.
I started 20 minutes earlier than my regular time that I was following since 2 months (due to the school vacations I took the liberty of leaving home slightly late in the mornings) and it took 20 minutes or more just to get past Tin Factory and KR Puram Railway station junctions. From there, the traffic wasn't heavy and I managed to reach my office near ITPL in about 45 minutes, just 10 minutes more than my regular time in the last 2 months.
Noticeably, at the Pai Layout junction near Tin Factory, there were several vehicles coming from KR Puram side and making U-turns. These vehicles were almost non-existent for the last 2 months
Old 7th June 2016, 09:13   #11647
Distinguished - BHPian

Again traffic under the Bommasandra flyover is chock-o-block.
Even After the median has been put in place, people can't stop from driving in the wrong side.
I wonder if they are blind. I don't know what should be done to these xxxxxxxx(I feel like filling this with many words but i don't want to spoil the clean image of the forum)

some photos taken by my colleague:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snapseed11.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snapseed10.jpeg
Old 7th June 2016, 09:23   #11648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure if this was the affect of the email that I wrote to the cops yesterday but I am hopeful the cops now act. In fact, way back in 2012, when I was wrongly fined for overspeeding, it was not the FB Post but a detailed email that helped me get the case reversed in my favor and I was refunded the entire fine amount that I had paid.
Haha nice conversation there. Sometimes I feel sorry for the cops too, since if they start pulling these buses to the side, they will cause another jam that way. It is these educated employees that sit silently in the bus letting them do what they want. Today I sat in UberPool where two persons sitting behind me was encouraging the driver to break a signal and go in the wrong side just because they did not want to get late for work. The driver himself was adhering to the rule. Enquired if they were educated and could understand traffic 'etiquette' not rules. Then they did not have much to speak. After they got down the driver was telling that they are so fed up of the traffic sense these days most of these drivers are not in a mood to break rules and just sit in signals and turnings The only rampant mob are the company cabs.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:25   #11649
Senior - BHPian

This morning, I noticed that some buildings were in the process of being demolished along the northbound side of Hosur Road, Madiwala stretch. See map for the exact location.

The road, at this point, is a bottleneck. It narrows considerably. Vehicles parked (and double-parked), and vehicles going in/out of the lanes causes all traffic on the main road to be squeezed into one lane at times.

Just wondering - is the demolition because the road is being widened? Or am I being too hopeful, and maybe a new commercial complex will come up causing even more grief?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-madiwala_demolition.jpg  

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 7th June 2016 at 09:26. Reason: grammar
Old 7th June 2016, 09:29   #11650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
With almost all schools opening for the new academic year, it is back to square one for traffic in the peak hours.
My commute from Yeshwantpur - Graphite India was 60 minutes over the last week but today it was close to 2 hours thanks to mess at KR puram. Took close to 30 minutes to cross tin factory at 7.30 in the morning and I did not see any school buses. It was just heavy truck traffic and a couple of cranes . Added bonus was traffic between mahadevpura to Rainbow hospital, which was crawling. KR Puram to Graphite India took 1.5 hrs and if this going to be the way forward, then I think I will revert to HAL - Kundanahalli.
Old 7th June 2016, 10:05   #11651
BHPian

Heavy Jam Alert : KR Puram to Rainbow Hospital underpass. It is choc a bloc and folks should make alternative arrangements
I dont know what the reason is

-raghu
Old 7th June 2016, 10:17   #11652
BANNED

Damn! I pity people who are stuck in this traffic! Wonder how much time it will take to clear this.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg
Old 7th June 2016, 10:36   #11653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj
It was just heavy truck traffic and a couple of cranes . Added bonus was traffic between mahadevpura to Rainbow hospital, which was crawling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg
Heavy Jam Alert : KR Puram to Rainbow Hospital underpass. It is choc a bloc and folks should make alternative arrangements. I dont know what the reason is
There has been heavy water logging on what is referred to as "Salem bridge" just beyond the K.R Puram fly over (towards city side). Because of this there is very slow movement of vehicles. But that should have got cleared by around 0945Hrs. Secondly, there seems to be some protest or VIP visit to the BBMP office just near the Phoenix mall in K.R Puram.

Came back to say: The school buses are also now back on the road. But at around 0900Hrs onwards, I feel they would have all got cleared off the streets.

Last edited by sachinpk : 7th June 2016 at 10:57.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:03   #11654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There has been heavy water logging on what is referred to as "Salem bridge" just beyond the K.R Puram fly over (towards city side). Because of this there is very slow movement of vehicle. But that should have got cleared by around 0945Hrs. Secondly, there seems to be some protest or VIP visit to the BBMP office just near the Phoenix mall in K.R Puram.

Just spoke to a colleague who is on the way to PTP. They are stuck at K R Puram from 9 AM!!

They apparently just now got down from the K R Puram Flyover and have a long way to go to Maratahalli!

Old 7th June 2016, 11:12   #11655
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Parag,
This is really good.
Guess you might have tried it already, but how about shaming Siemens on Twitter?
The employees might be too overqualified to respond or react, but I am pretty sure Germans are not too fond of negative publicity.
If the buses carry the Siemens logo, then it is their responsibility to get their house in order.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks