Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 11:36   #11701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Owing to the Bommasandra junction traffic jam, more and more people are taking the Chandapura junction to take a U-turn.
Today there was a traffic jam from SFS school till Chandapura at around 8:30AM
With dark clouds visible, I'm already worried about the evening traffic!!!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 13:21   #11702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
The underlining is Govt is not to make profit, but to distribute the collected resources wisely
That can't be right. What you are essentially saying is that government will collect money (taxes) on one side, and distribute them back to the people from whom it is collected on the other side? Then it makes sense to take government out of this equation altogether and achieve greater efficiency, no?

This is OT, though. Maybe we should take it to PMs.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:25   #11703
BHPian

Any updates on the work proposed at the Cauvery Theatre junction (Sankey Road)?

Was wondering if the stretch should be avoided during peak-hours.
Old 10th June 2016, 20:16   #11704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post

There is no work on this stretch. In fact traffic in the morning is better than it used to be i.e. while travelling from Windsor Manor towards Cauvery Theatre.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 20:32   #11705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
There is no work on this stretch. In fact traffic in the morning is better than it used to be i.e. while travelling from Windsor Manor towards Cauvery Theatre.
The Magic box was closed permanently.

Also, there is absolutely no change driving towards Hebbal all through the day. In fact, as expected the traffic has multiplied from BDA till Mekhri and is always crawling mainly due to merging traffic from Seshadripuram side and later at Sadashivnagar.

Apart from this - The Standard Bangalore Problem, Toothpaste Tube. Highly dense traffic sneaking into 2 lanes. Both on top of BDA Magic Box and then Cauvery Theatre.

I was really hoping things will flow smooth and cut down my return travel time by 5-10 minutes but it's bad even at 4pm!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 23:14   #11706
BHPian

Traffic pile up from Kadubisanahalli near JPMorgan extending beyond Marathahalli caused by 4 vehicles rear ending each other at 11pm. A motorist/pedestrian was being carried over from the middle of the road to a wailing ambulance.
Old 11th June 2016, 12:22   #11707
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this at Singasandra junction on Hosur road. Have seen similar setup at HAL airport road few months back.
My understanding is that it's speed guns, anyone aware if they are working?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160611_092602.jpg
Old 11th June 2016, 12:45   #11708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Saw this at Singasandra junction on Hosur road. Have seen similar setup at HAL airport road few months back.

Attachment 1516627
It is a HD camera array to track down lane discipline violators and people who jump signals. Not sure if it is working but People don't seem to give a damn about it.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 13:50   #11709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are not speed guns. These looks like CCTV cameras (perhaps of a higher quality), and the purpose seems to be get multiple views of the same road. My gut feeling is that the dome camera placed in this junction earlier, would not be covering the road entirely. It's vision may have got partially blocked. These new cameras would give a clear frontal view of the road entirely.
Old 11th June 2016, 15:30   #11710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Magic box was closed permanently
THen how do you go from Bhashyam Circle towards Windsor Manor?? Don't tell me they expect us to go upto Mekhri Circle and take a U turn

Other alternative is from Bhashyam Circle, go towards Guttahalli Circle and then hit Bellary road from there. But that road from Guttahalli circle is so narrow and always a mess. The person who designed that Magic box at Cauvery junction must be hanged.

Also what's the status of widening of Bellary road from Mekhri circle to BDA junction. Been reading about it since ages but no action on the ground.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 11th June 2016 at 15:32.
Old 11th June 2016, 16:26   #11711
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd posted a picture of a similar installation on Inner Ring Road near Ejipura junction. Have also seen one opposite the Shanthinagar bus stand on double road and on old airport road near the MG Road turn off. Yesterday I saw one more similar setup near the Bhattarahalli turn off on Old Madras road.
No one seems to be caring about these, but I guess there aren't operational yet, probably waiting for some bigwig to "inaugurate" it
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 17:37   #11712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
THen how do you go from Bhashyam Circle towards Windsor Manor?? Don't tell me they expect us to go upto Mekhri Circle and take a U turn
That is exactly what BTP advices to do.
The bylanes of sadashivnagar aren't very wide either.
Old 11th June 2016, 18:08   #11713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
No one seems to be caring about these, but I guess there aren't operational yet, probably waiting for some bigwig to "inaugurate" it
Saw a related news in The Hindu yesterday: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8711848.ece

Quote:
Faced with the superhuman task of policing over 13,000 km of roads with a little over 3,500 personnel, the Bangalore Traffic Police is turning to technology for assistance.

Between January and April this year, around half of all traffic violations have been booked with the assistance of surveillance cameras and handheld digital cameras issued to constables.
Old 11th June 2016, 22:52   #11714
BHPian

The Devasandra main road connecting Hoodi to KR Puram has half of the road dug up. The other half has manholes so high that they would hurt the underbelly of small cars. This is completely bizarre!!! That road was fully relaid very recently. Must be total chaos on that road on weekdays with TTs and cabbies using this road. Needed a traffic warden (on a Saturday!!) to manage the junction connecting Basavanpura main road. On a happier note, the cable stayed bridge is relaid and has proper lane markings though most of our drivers don't give a damn.
rohanak1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 23:12   #11715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
The Devasandra main road connecting Hoodi to KR Puram has half of the road dug up. The other half has manholes so high that they would hurt the underbelly of small cars. This is completely bizarre!!! That road was fully relaid very recently. Must be total chaos on that road on weekdays with TTs and cabbies using this road. Needed a traffic warden (on a Saturday!!) to manage the junction connecting Basavanpura main road. On a happier note, the cable stayed bridge is relaid and has proper lane markings though most of our drivers don't give a damn.
Cabbies use this road to avoid KR pura - whitefield main road signal. However the locals have smartly dug up the entrance to this stretch, which was a narrow bylane before hoodi signal. The only other turn is a little ahead of zuri. Once my company cabs depart,there is a huge jam caused from PSN to this turning as most of the cabs gang up to take a right. If they choose this turn too, then it will be a proper round about if one wants to go towards devasandra. They have to go from PSN to Hoodi to Graphite India and U turn to ABB Junction and back to hoodi to take a left. Then we will end up with people in the wrong side of the road all the way from Zuri U turn to access the road to Devasandra It has become a menace near graphite india because of closing the median.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks