Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 12:58   #11866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Ecospace overbridge gets the full set of 'rings' over the weekend. (Please zoom for a closer view)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160626_124254.jpg

One big question i have is how they are going to land these steps to the ground. The concrete pillar in front is that of the big signboard that spans across the road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20160624wa0002.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th June 2016 at 13:00.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 13:46   #11867
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A scooter that had merrily got away with 39 traffic violations was caught the 40th time after two years.
Source:Bengaluru’s most wanted bike
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 16:16   #11868
BHPian

We are shifting from Delhi to Bangalore. What's your view on travelling from Kundalahalli to RMZ Ecospace in peak hours? My wife has switched jobs and her new main office is in Ecospace while we plan to live in Kundalahalli as few days of the week she needs to be at the Kundalahalli office also. Or do you suggest taking a place at Bellandur would be better. Urgent advise required as we would be finalising a property today / tomorrow.
Old 26th June 2016, 16:40   #11869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
We are shifting from Delhi to Bangalore. What's your view on travelling from Kundalahalli to RMZ Ecospace in peak hours? My wife has switched jobs and her new main office is in Ecospace while we plan to live in Kundalahalli as few days of the week she needs to be at the Kundalahalli office also. Or do you suggest taking a place at Bellandur would be better. Urgent advise required as we would be finalising a property today / tomorrow.
Staying in Bellandur makes sense as ecospace is close to Bellandur. If she wants to go to Kundalahalli, then she can conveniently go by 500c volvo bus. Frequency is not an issue but beware of traffic jams especially in ecospace. I would suggest her not to travel by her own car to kundalahalli.
Old 26th June 2016, 16:44   #11870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Staying in Bellandur makes sense as ecospace is close to Bellandur. If she wants to go to Kundalahalli, then she can conveniently go by 500c volvo bus. Frequency is not an issue but beware of traffic jams especially in ecospace. I would suggest her not to travel by her own car to kundalahalli.
Thanks, but out of 5 work days she needs to be at Kundalahalli for 3 and RMZ for 2. Does that change your response?
Old 26th June 2016, 17:05   #11871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but out of 5 work days she needs to be at Kundalahalli for 3 and RMZ for 2. Does that change your response?
My choice will still be bellandur. Look this way. Say you wish to visit koramangala, BTM etc, then staying in bellandur makes sense as you will not have any hurdle apart from the silk board junction.
Say you are staying in Kundalahalli and you wish to visit places south of bangalore. Then you have to cross Marathahalli which is time consuming. Do note that even on week ends you can expect traffic jams.
Old 26th June 2016, 17:11   #11872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would say stay in kundanahalli. Commuting from kundanahalli to ecospace in the morning and back in the evening will be better than staying in belandur and commuting back in the evening. In addition staying in belandur does not always mean commute to Ecospace will be easy. Unless you are at a walkable distance( which still means min 20min walk), getting in and out of Ecospace in a vehicle will take time with the one ways and traffic jams

So I would suggest stay in the kundanahalli area and commute to Ecospace using 500c Volvo's.

Note: I commute Ecospace to kundanahalli daily.

Edit: The point Suresh has mentioned below is a good one. Commuting to areas like hsr, kormangala etc is easier from Belandur.

Edit 2: if you can PM the company and potential apartments you have narrowed down on, can provide more specific inputs as both belandur and kundanahalli are very familiar areas.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th June 2016 at 17:23.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 17:41   #11873
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with Rajeev on this. Stay near Kundalahalli from a traffic perspective.

But from a location POV I would prefer Bellandur - it's easier to get around other parts of town. It's really difficult to find a decent quiet places in Kundalahalli - most people only live there to save time.
Old 26th June 2016, 18:11   #11874
BHPian

I stay in Bellandur (Green Glen Layout) behind Central mall. Last Friday it took me 1 hour to get into Ecospace from home. The traffic was that bad, but its been a exception than the norm, the service roads on both sides of bellandur flyover have completely disintegrated after the rains.

I remember asking the same suggestion to the forum a few months back

Last edited by anandtheleo : 26th June 2016 at 18:12.
Old 26th June 2016, 19:34   #11875
Senior - BHPian

I use the ORR daily, and cross both Bellandur and Ecospace (which i visit 2 times a week). Purely from a location point of view, Bellandur makes sense, but from a traffic point of view, its quite difficult to predict. Most views about the 500C buses are very true, and what is also true is the access to south Bangalore from Bellandur.

The worry about EcoSpace is the jams that happen inside the IT park. That is a killer and it occurs almost daily inside Ecospace. So, regardless of where you stay, it would mean that your wife might end up walking upto the main gate of Ecospace for exit.
Old 26th June 2016, 20:00   #11876
Senior - BHPian

This 500C, it is an ORR only service - is it not? You still have to change to a 335E or something atop Marathahalli bridge.

Btw, is the company in question Intel and the Kundalahalli office near Hyper City? If yes, maybe living close to Marathahalli bridge and walking over daily would make eminent sense. Then you could walk down to the ORR and avoid the worst of traffic in that zone too. The Purva/Rohan cluster that way would make sense for a rented apartment.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 20:37   #11877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This 500C, it is an ORR only service - is it not? You still have to change to a 335E or something atop Marathahalli bridge.

The Purva/Rohan cluster that way would make sense for a rented apartment.
You are right, 500C is actually an ORR only service and does not go up Marathahalli Bridge.(Banashankari to Tin Factory). It is not a frequent service and I see lot of people getting into it after seeing the 'C' thinking it goes to ITPL. Actually everything with 500C<and a suffix> Example: 500CA, 500CN are the ITPL Services coming from ORR. Vast majority of these are 500CA.

Good point on the Purva/Rohan Cluster.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th June 2016 at 20:38.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 08:20   #11878
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Traffic Alert : Under Marathahalli bridge :Time 8:20am
Volvo stuck between the divider (cannot fathom how) slowing down traffic on both sides and traffic piling up.
Traffic police with crane on work to pull the Volvo out - so should get resolved soon.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466995820.702153.jpg

Last edited by harishhm74 : 27th June 2016 at 08:23.
harishhm74 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 08:55   #11879
BHPian

I also saw the Volvo on the median. Really wonder how the driver manged to do that!!...Could it be that he drove towards EMC in the wrong lane and piled it up the median to avoid some poor soul heading to Innovative side who was least expecting a mammoth in front??
lin-jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 08:57   #11880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Volvo stuck between the divider (cannot fathom how)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin-jo View Post
piled it up the median to avoid some poor soul heading to Innovative side who was least expecting a mammoth in front??
From the angle of the tyre, it looks like our man was trying to take a u turn but ended up misjudging the height of the divider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks