Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 11:28   #11971
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
.. How many others (who all have jobs) actually even help in moving an accident victim to the hospital? ...
Recently a lady got hacked at a busy Chennai railway station during peak morning hours and was left unattended for over 2 hours and ultimately bled to death. People just went about their business - getting in and out of trains and rushing to their jobs. And oh, many of them would have taken out their latest smartphones and clicked pics/vids.

Tells a lot about the times we live in - typing is easier than doing.

Last edited by WindRide : 30th June 2016 at 11:35.
Old 30th June 2016, 12:36   #11972
BHPian

There was absolute chaos on 17th cross bridge Malleshwaram near Orion Mall. There has been an underpass construction going since few months which has ruined whole locality with digging even cross roads and making this side of town a hell
Yesterday evening it hit new low with more blockages and motorists where in for a rude shock and the entire area in around 17th cross bridge turned into nightmare
So ppl going to Orion Mall think hundred times before going there. Catch a metro if you can
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-earlier.png  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-now.png  

Last edited by vin_b : 30th June 2016 at 12:39.
vin_b is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:55   #11973
Team-BHP Support

Re: Road rage confession

Morning on my way to office from Indira Nagar, just before the egipura signal i was at the right lane and stopped for the signal. Signal changes and cars started moving around, and nothing happening on the lane where i am?? so used blinkers and moved to the central lane and while i was moving saw a golden colored Innova having cut off a silver verna from the central lane to right. Move a lil further and see a lady peeking fully into the verna from the passenger side window and having a conversation.

First i thought it was some chit chat at signal, later i realized the lady was having a road rage session with another lady driver (verna). I was getting irritated but seeing the elegant cat fight, brought a smile to my face

Ladies next time please use the left lane for this during peak traffic!
Jaggu is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 16:51   #11974
Distinguished - BHPian

A positive incident. Time is 4.30pm. As is the norm now, traffic is backed up all the way from Ecospace to Kadubeesanahalli. Hear an ambulance approaching( I am in a bus). I am wondering how it will make any sort of progress. Traffic is extremely slow moving and road is packed. To my surprise I see a path magically open up. Cars, cabs, buses adjust to the sides to open up space in between. Saw this happening from the start to the end of kadubeesanahalli underpass after which it disappeared from my view. I ceased to hear the siren very quickly. So hope it would have been able to move forward at a good pace.

Although not perfect, was good to see proactive attempts to give way on a really congested road.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th June 2016 at 16:54.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:43   #11975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
There was absolute chaos on 17th cross bridge Malleshwaram near Orion Mall. There has been an underpass construction going since few months which has ruined whole locality with digging even cross roads and making this side of town a hell
Yesterday evening it hit new low with more blockages and motorists where in for a rude shock and the entire area in around 17th cross bridge turned into nightmare
So ppl going to Orion Mall think hundred times before going there. Catch a metro if you can
Yesterday I visited my Aunt's place just off the bridge. The side lanes were jam packed. Learnt about the underpass, the drain and the water lines being replaced. Left at 9pm through the Malleshwaram Railway station road.
Old 30th June 2016, 18:28   #11976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
To my surprise I see a path magically open up. Cars, cabs, buses adjust to the sides to open up space in between.
Have been witnessing many such (good) incidents. Honestly, I feel we as a country (or society) have still not become so cruel as to NOT help some one in distress. Our boorish political class (hiding behind protocols) only seem to be an exception. And comparatively trying to make way for an Ambulance (the staff have already taken in the victim) is a simpler thing which can be done.

The police also do try to help these ambulances. When ambulances (especially 108) are approaching a point, the traffic police man does alert his counter part ahead of the road on the wireless. And even two week's back there was a vital organ transport at peak evening time. The ambulance was towards a hospital on Airport Road (Manipal??).The CM's incident at Hosakote seems to be an aberration.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 07:44   #11977
BHPian

A free ride today at ecospace! Felt like a true ring road. Is it Christmas today, can't fathom any other reason why I could get to zoom through ecospace area!
Old 1st July 2016, 07:48   #11978
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's some good news for those traveling towards Electronics City via Silkboard flyover on a regular basis:

After almost 2 years, they have managed to execute the task of repairing potholes on top of the flyover with some phenomenal results. If sources are to be believed, they are vying for getting this state of the art technology patented before any other city's authority stakes claim over this.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2016070107h37m45s945.png

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2016070107h37m30s108.png

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2016070107h53m23s256.png

Enjoy the virtual ride with this video and experience the greatness of this marvelous fix - Something that commuters this side waited for more than 2 years now.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st July 2016 at 08:12.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 08:21   #11979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here's some good news for those traveling towards Electronics City via Silkboard flyover on a regular basis:

After almost 2 years, they have managed to execute the task of repairing potholes on top of the flyover with some phenomenal results. If sources are to be believed, they are vying for getting this state of the art technology patented before any other city's authority stakes claim over this.
Wow! that's some world class work by namma Bengaluru authorities. Proud to be a Bengalurean

I would not be surprised if this is not done by authorities but some other people who were sick of waiting for the concerned people to do thier work.
Around my home, I see potholes closed by apartment builders instead of BBMP!

In other news, I saw a truck parked perpendicular on the NECE road near Bhannerghatta road.
I couldn't figure out what they were doing in that position! Time was around 7AM.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20160701_065825.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 08:21   #11980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess if you ask a kid to make a clay model, he/she will execute it to almost perfection. Look at the shoddy work done by BBMP. Do they think that they can fool the rain gods or the public. All it takes is one spell of rain to remove the so called coating.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 08:31   #11981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
All it takes is one spell of rain to remove the so called coating.
Forget the coating, only after few hours of this "Fix" few HCVs and Buses have gone over this and when you pass this closely and have a look, it is now more dangerous as a car can get stuck in the slush.
Old 1st July 2016, 08:56   #11982
BHPian

Quote:

This looks to be Bangalore wide syndrome. I could see craters being filled in the similar fashion right next to Mantri apartments BG Road and only hitch is this state of tech is going to be death trap for 2 wheelers as I could see broken bricks spread all over the place.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 09:59   #11983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
This looks to be Bangalore wide syndrome.
That is 'BBMP Contractor' phenomenon. They decide what to do and how to do. So far, no CM or PM or any other authority has been able to reign them. There have been any genuine & forthright IAS, KAS officers who were BBMP Commissioners but all their efforts are scuttled and finally comes to a nought.
I remember one instance - 15 years back, then BBMP Commissioner initiated an effort to float global tender to rebuild all Bangalore roads to international standards. This even had CM's blessings. BBMP corporators, who are themselves contractors, created ruckus in BBMP office during proceedings. Eventually, after few months, the whole idea was shelved.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 10:27   #11984
Distinguished - BHPian

Slow vehicles may be banned on flyovers

Autos, trucks, trailers and other goods vehicles tend to move slow

Quote:
Bengaluru: The traffic police plan to ban slow moving vehicles on flyovers during peak hours to ease traffic.

Flyovers in the city are choked with vehicles during the peak hours resulting in traffic jams and congestion.

A senior police officer said, "The idea is in its nascent stage and it is still being discussed. For now, we will ask a private consultant to conduct a study on the average speed of vehicles on flyovers. Usually, flyovers are meant for free flow of traffic but due to heavy vehicular movement, there are traffic jams on flyovers too. We will try to find out the average speed of vehicles plying on flyovers."

"Autorickshaws, trucks, trailers and other goods vehicles tend to move slowly on flyovers. It has also been observed that they move on the righthand side of the road, blocking other vehicles behind. As a result, vehicles tend to overtake from left, which is risky. This leads to piling up of vehicles near the upper and lower ends of the ramps of the flyovers, causing a spiralling effect on vehicles all along the stretch for about two to three kilometres," added the officer.

Breakdowns are also common with goods vehicles on flyovers, leading to traffic jams, the officer said. This also causes traffic jams, he added.

Anticipating stiff opposition to the proposal from goods transporters' associations, he said: "It is too early to say anything on their opposition. We will wait till the rule is framed and then talk to the association. We will involve them in the process and their feedback is also welcome."

The officer said the study on traffic flow and vehicle speed on flyovers will be carried out at major flyover locations in the city.
Really? You first banned trucks from entering the city - The trucker association ensured to get this lifted with their political connection.Now you plan to ban Autos and Trucks from taking the flyover - You think you will succeed? Also, you think BMTC buses are any faster on top of flyover?

You can solve half of this problem by ensuring that these class of vehicles stick to the lanes, mostly the left but then, you also need to ensure discipline among BMTC/Private Buses, Private Cabs and Autos on how and where to stop to alight or pick passengers. You need to start from the basics first but sadly you have these weird ideas to even conduct a study to find out average speeds of these vehicles!!

Source: Deccan Herald

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st July 2016 at 10:31.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 15:57   #11985
Senior - BHPian

I have a team outing at Discovery Village, near Nandi hils on July 5th.
Google maps shows this as the default route.

https://goo.gl/maps/UyhamsrVXYU2

Any update on the latest condition?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks