Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 09:47   #12286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

After my escapades yesterday, I have no appetite for ORR today. Got my morning ritual kms in a peaceful setting, and cancelled my pickup. Transport Desk chap actually said 'Thanks Sir'. Poor guys, can't imagine their plight trying to coordinate today. I'm off for an early mid-morning snooze. God bless rain and WFH.
Old 29th July 2016, 09:56   #12287
BHPian

Started from Gottigere at 6:00 AM and managed to reach office at 7:20 AM via Vijaya Bank Colony, Devarachikkanahalli, Kodichikkanahalli and Bommanahalli. Have been working from home for the past 3 days and hence decided to reach office today, what a day to pick to be in office. Anyway, managed to reach office after having to swim in certain areas.

But now the question when to leave from Whitefield back home to Gottigere. Hope Bangalore stays true to its reputation and rains after 5 PM. Having spent all my life on Bannerghatta Road, wasn't difficult to reach office and now going back is something else

Regards
Old 29th July 2016, 09:57   #12288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Started from ananth nagar in Electronic City by exactly morning 7:30 towards Manyata. Electronic City toll requires submarines at the time of down pours. And at 9:39 I am stuck at Sony signal, Koramangala. This will be the most horrible mistake of my life, deciding against work from home. And there is no point in going back as again to cross Electronic City toll, I will take 1-2 hrs.
You could have somehow got onto NICE road from Ecity then uptill Nayandahalli ORR (link road exit) on NICE, - Rajkumar samadhi-Gorguntepalaya- HMT-BEL circle-ORR-Hebbal-Manyata TP. Would have been much faster than cutting across the city today.
sandsun7 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 09:57   #12289
BHPian

Absolutely no traffic near Mahadevapura/Doddenakundi/EMC2 area on ORR towards Marathahalli Dont know the status beyond that point i.e. Doddenakundi/Salem railway under bridge. Either everybody working from home or struck somewhere else
Old 29th July 2016, 10:07   #12290
BHPian

Massive water logging at the base of HSR flyover- the road adjacent to Shobha apartments. Traffic was piled up all along the Agara Lake. Took an hour to cross that section.
Old 29th July 2016, 10:08   #12291
BHPian

Well, its very obvious Bangalore cannot afford to build any more tech parks till the crumbling infra is put back into place. But unfortunately, I still see indiscriminate construction going all around. Of all the places, there's a tech park coming up right on the ORR-Sarjapur road junction. On the other hand, I don't see any more road improvements/widening/new road works happening anywhere. We're up for a lot of fun.
explorer09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 10:32   #12292
BHPian

Update on the waterlogging under the Salem Bridge from RK Mishra's tweet:
Quote:
ORR Waterlogging at RUB. After 2 days of drilling drain pipe cleared but found design flaw, pipe lower than culvert
sanjaykk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 10:47   #12293
BHPian

It looks like madiwala lake has breached somewhere. Part of bommanahalli, devarichikkanahalli are under water.
Veerasandra junction after electronics city towards hosur is under water due to overflow.
Nature shows no mercy towards unplanned development. It will takes its revenge on us
etrast75 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 10:59   #12294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Absolutely no traffic near Mahadevapura/Doddenakundi/EMC2 area on ORR towards Marathahalli Dont know the status beyond that point i.e. Doddenakundi/Salem railway under bridge. Either everybody working from home or struck somewhere else
Surprisingly, There was no jam at all. In fact I passed through it twice, as I forgot to take something from home. Back and forth in about 20 minutes.

Probably we need that Fire Force vehicle stationed there until the season ends.
Old 29th July 2016, 12:50   #12295
BHPian

Spare a thought for Gurgaon folks who have spent almost 16 hours stuck in jams since yesterday evening!
So the malaise is spread everywhere not only the AC-city.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:57   #12296
BHPian

Need help guys.. I want to go to kudlu gate from Whitefield. If anyone has traveled the same in the morning , I would like to know the best route to avoid any kind of mayhem.
Old 29th July 2016, 13:37   #12297
Senior - BHPian

Seems like EC is like a lake now because of incessant rains. Read the news on NDTV along with images and I could not help but pity the people going to work or staying there.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bengalururainboat_650x400_71469773823.jpg

Source & Link : NDTV

Seeing the state there and near Agara today morning, I would definitely not blame the rains for the mess created by the local administration. No planning, greedy officials, opportunistic builders and in the end burden falls on hapless people.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 13:40   #12298
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning I got up.
It was raining and the sound was amazing
I decided to skip my company cab and drive to office in the so called romantic weather.
I sent the following message to my company cab whatsapp group
"Amazing weather to drive...Skip my stop.
@xyz, come to my car parking"
that xyz is a colleague who lives in the same apartment as mine

I left home at 07:15. First 5kms to reach NECE road - 5 mins. No two wheelers, empty roads-Amazing drive!
17Kms on the NECE road - 12 Mins. Beautiful weather and the drive was wonderful.
the next 5kms to office was totally unexpected. 2.5hours at an average speed of 2kms/hour
I was much earlier than all my company cabs and I informed about this jam when I was just 5 minutes into the jam.
The cab drivers who used their James bond like driving skills adjusted routes accordingly and reached office at 8:45 (1 hour late)
And the person who informed them of this jam, yours truly, reached office at 10:15
Some cab drivers were more sane and they reached at 10:30, 11:00.

Other colleagues who usually come at 9:00 to office in their personal vehicles, some applied leave and went back, some reached at 12:00.
Worst day in history of Bangalore's morning traffic

And our CM is in Brussels on a chartered flight attending to his son who had gone on a jolly trip and fell ill there (unusable third frustration emoticon)

And all my cab mates are asking me only one question "Is it an amazing weather to drive? hope you enjoyed a lot"
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Need help guys.. I want to go to kudlu gate from Whitefield. If anyone has traveled the same in the morning , I would like to know the best route to avoid any kind of mayhem.
Your only hope is Haralur main road. that was relatively free of traffic today morning.

But from Whitefield to Haralur main road, you have to take the ORR till Belandur at least.

You can also reach Haralur by the longer Varthur-Dommasandra road.
But I'm not aware of that road's current situation.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th July 2016 at 14:01.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 14:25   #12299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Your only hope is Haralur main road. that was relatively free of traffic today morning.

But from Whitefield to Haralur main road, you have to take the ORR till Belandur at least.

You can also reach Haralur by the longer Varthur-Dommasandra road.
But I'm not aware of that road's current situation.
Haralur road was in a very bad traffic jam when I came by that road @ ~7:45AM.
Old 29th July 2016, 14:28   #12300
BHPian

Silkboard - BTM main road still waterlogged as per latest inputs. Morning people were collecting fishes on main road, courtesy: Madivala lake overflow.

What an entertaining week! (No smileys in widget which matches our frustration).
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks