Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 14:54   #12421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
But what confused me was a wrong search I did on google maps. The Satellite bus station that I searched for is some another bus station with a similar name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
That is Kengeri bus station (both KSRTC & BMTC). Somebody must have marked it incorrectly on Google.

Isn't satellite bus station TTMC is where all KSRTC buses headed towards Mysore start and this also where BMTC buses stop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This should be true I supposed as I notice that whenever I pass Double Road or Yeshwantpur.

However, like you mentioned the Kengeri one is wrongly market as the actual Satellite Bus station for Mysore is located towards the inside of the city than the outside.
This confusion once made my cousin (he is still new to Bengaluru) to almost miss his bus.
He had booked a seat in some private bus(I don't remember which) and was waiting in the Kengeri bus stand assuming it to be the satellite bus stand.
After 10 minutes of the expected arrival time in his ticket, he called them and asked if the bus has not come?
He was told that the bus is waiting for him at the satellite bus stand (Actual)
He told that he is also waiting for the bus at the satellite bus stand and asked them to tell the truth (in a stern tone)
After 3 or 4 times or this exchange, they checked the landmarks and came to know that he was waiting for the bus at the Kengeri bus stand.
The Bus later picked him up from the Kengeri Bus stand which was not a regular stop for the bus.

It was a private bus service, so it was ok. Had it been a KSRTC bus, my cousin would've missed the bus for sure!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 12th August 2016 at 14:56.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 15:09   #12422
BHPian

Quote:
And the frequency of trains etc.
Take Metro to Majestic. Are you okay to travel by train? If okay, please consider these options too :

Train No:56238 Bangalore City Station to Mysore Passenger, departs at 7:00 PM and reaches Mysore 10:20 PM.

Train No: 16523 Bangalore City Station to Karwar Express departs at 8:30 PM and reaches Mysore by 11:05 PM.

Edit : I just read again that you need to catch an outstation bus. So if the destination is not Mysore, kindly ignore this.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 12th August 2016 at 15:14.
Old 12th August 2016, 18:14   #12423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am clear now.
1 km long queue to enter byappanhalli metro. You better have a plan B.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1471005875571.jpg  

procrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 18:28   #12424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
1 km long queue to enter byappanhalli metro. You better have a plan B.
Oh man! Thanks a ton.
I was about to head to baiyappanahalli. Let me hurry up then. I will see and get down there if it's any better, else will continue in whatever mode I get.
Old 12th August 2016, 18:31   #12425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh man! Thanks a ton.
I was about to head to baiyappanahalli. Let me hurry up then. I will see and get down there if it's any better, else will continue in whatever mode I get.
Go to SV road station - next station after byappanahalli, which should be easier to get in but you might end up standing all the way in the train.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 18:36   #12426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go to SV road station - next station after byappanahalli, which should be easier to get in but you might end up standing all the way in the train.
I guess there is no real option but to stand at this hour as the line runs full house. Even on a regular weekday, we were standing from MG Road all the way till Vijayanagar.

The relief here is the Air-conditioned coach
Old 12th August 2016, 19:27   #12427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did that. SV road station was totally empty.
Thanks again for that heads up. I don't mind this standing, priority is to reach on time.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 09:58   #12428
Distinguished - BHPian

METRO TO KIA WILL RUN FROM NAGAVARA: CM
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/53714741.cms

Extracts:

He also added that metro link to KIA would be part of the Phase III and not Phase II, as believed earlier.

Though the CM did not specify the alignment, sources in BMRCL said the proposed alignment was likely to go via Manyata Tech Park and Hebbal before turning towards Yelahanka and finally KIA. For this, the BMRCL needs to build metro infrastructure for a 30-kilometre line to connect Nagavara and KIA. The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) acquired land parallel to the highway worth Rs250 crore. The BMRCL has yet to take possession of this land.

I have no idea of the economics involved, but BMRCL could well have started preliminary work on the Nagavara - KIAL via Manyata / Hebbal stretch. Rationale is that:

1. Unrelated to the cumbersome underground Gottigere - Nagavara section
2. Nagavara to KIAL will probably be an elevated section except for the Yelahanka railway bridge and Air Force Base sections
3. NHAI already has the land at least from Hebbal to KIAL
4. Will fit in well with KIAL's T2 expansion plans
5. Hebbal to KIAL is a explosive growth area with many business parks slated to come up as well as residential enclaves.

Why does BMRCL need to wait for Nagavara to Gottigere which may well take 10 years to build?!
Old 16th August 2016, 10:17   #12429
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Pathetic traffic today right from Gopalan mall on Old Madras road, took 90 minutes to reach office!

The service road leading to ITPL road after KR Puram railway station was choked so I took the ORR and got stuck in a complete traffic jam.

The service road near the entrance to Bagmane World is blocked so it becomes a holding area for some time before traffic crosses over to right and get onto the main carriageway followed by another crossing to the left for those entering Bagmane and some who continue straight on the service road - phew! At least some signage will help somewhere earlier on the service road to prevent the chaos.

The flyover work is also progressing so it becomes a herculean task to enter the Goshala road next to Samsung. But, from there it was a breeze till Hoodi an then the usual time to ITPL from there.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th August 2016 at 12:24. Reason: As requested.
Old 16th August 2016, 10:24   #12430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
METRO TO KIA WILL RUN FROM NAGAVARA: CM
I shudder to think of the traffic chaos that would be created in getting to the airport especially during the so called construction of the Metro line to KIAL. As of now once you cross Esteem Mall , you can get to the airport in about 30-35 minutes in a Vayu Vajra. With the growth that is happening I hope that this stretch does not end up like the fiasco called ORR.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:36   #12431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I shudder to think of the traffic chaos that would be created in getting to the airport especially during the so called construction of the Metro line to KIAL.
Don't worry; the KIA link is planned in phase 3 - which given BMRCL's current progress record, wouldn't even start in another 30 years or so. By then Bangalore would be ready to abandon the metro and build Hyperloops instead.

See: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...isguided-47851
binand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 11:55   #12432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Don't worry; the KIA link is planned in phase 3 - which given BMRCL's current progress record, wouldn't even start in another 30 years or so. By then Bangalore would be ready to abandon the metro and build Hyperloops instead.

... sure I ignored the "Phase 3" for it. Thanks for bringing it to my notice.
Old 16th August 2016, 14:50   #12433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Also, by the time we come to the third Phase, the airport itself should have probably shifted somewhere shifted.

Metro is a big relief to whoever can use it. Unfortunately the coverage is so scant that it does not help a lot. Majority of the work should have been done in the IT corridor, where it's completely absent. Imagine even 50% of all the cabs, bikes and cars away from the road!
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 21:27   #12434
BHPian

Yesterday night while returning from Wayanad, I was stuck in a bad traffic jam at Bidadi. Seeing this people were going on to the other side and driving to beat the jam. Even BMTC, KSRTC buses and trucks used this option. It became so bad that both opposite lanes were occupied resulting in slow moving traffic towards Mysore. This is plain ridiculous. Have some patience people. You can't jump into the opposite lanes mindlessly. Our people just don't understand
Old 16th August 2016, 21:32   #12435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Yesterday night while returning from Wayanad, I was stuck in a bad traffic jam at Bidadi.
Looks like my plan to use the Kanakapura Road (from Mysore) was a good one. Even on that route, the traffic had started to pick up after Kanakapura.

Most Viewed