Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 13:30   #1231
BHPian

The newly constructed flyover on hosur road has become a comedy of errors, we have autos and other public transportation vehicles crawling along at 40 kmph, I have even seen people walk their non mechanized two wheelers along on the left lane!!!
Road Rage anyone? Perhaps once tolling starts, the only thing we will have to contend with will be bottle necks at the toll booths :-(
Old 11th February 2010, 15:19   #1232
BHPian

Common sense is quite rare. Otherwise why would somebody overtake from the left and cut me off and turn right...and show me the finger while i'm on the straight going lane? This guy even had an (equally IDIOTIC) female companion supporting him on the finger business. Those IDIOTS just spoiled my day.

:(
Old 11th February 2010, 15:26   #1233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
This guy
We have a new term for these kind of drivers the wee - dees.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:53   #1234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Common sense is quite rare. Otherwise why would somebody overtake from the left and cut me off and turn right...and show me the finger while i'm on the straight going lane? This guy even had an (equally IDIOTIC) female companion supporting him on the finger business. Those IDIOTS just spoiled my day.

:(
Ofcourse, it did not spoil your day, you saved some money and saw couple of jokers driving a car
Old 15th February 2010, 14:28   #1235
BHPian

Yesterday, I was driving back to Bangalore from Wayanad. Somewhere close to Channapatanna, there were these 6 guys on 3 bikes riding in the middle of the road with hands on shoulders. They wouldnt budge for any other vehcile to pass. These morons were just trying to show-off howling and shouting nasty comments at every female passenger. With no helmets and the side stand kept almost perperndicular to the road to make fire works, they then sped off recklessly. To be brutally honest I wanted to knock them down with the Bolero.
Down the road, maybe after some 5-6 kms, one of that moron was under a KSRTC bus struggling for life. The local villagers said that this guy overtook the bus from the left and ended up there.
His stupidity ended up with his life.
After all these, just entered the NICE road and there was a huge mayhem there. A yellow board Qualis, took the wrong side as usual and the oncoming truck hit him head-on and then turned turtle. Another truck lost control in the process and hit a Santro and a Merc. Oh man, the merc was a complete wreck. I almost cried looking at it.

A nasty Valentines day, I had.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:24   #1236
BHPian

Woah. I pity that Merc guy. Hopefully nobody was hurt in that incident.

"The guys on the bike" this is a common sight. I simply stop for a coffee and some snacks at the very next food joint I get. Its better this way than getting frustrated on the road looking at their stupid acrobatic riding style which stinks.

I wonder when such people will learn to be safe and respect fellow motorist's space & life too.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:03   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Yesterday, I was driving back to Bangalore from Wayanad. Somewhere close to Channapatanna, there were these 6 guys on 3 bikes riding in the middle of the road with hands on shoulders. They wouldnt budge for any other vehcile to pass. These morons were just trying to show-off howling and shouting nasty comments at every female passenger. With no helmets and the side stand kept almost perperndicular to the road to make fire works, they then sped off recklessly. To be brutally honest I wanted to knock them down with the Bolero.
Down the road, maybe after some 5-6 kms, one of that moron was under a KSRTC bus struggling for life. The local villagers said that this guy overtook the bus from the left and ended up there.
His stupidity ended up with his life.
After all these, just entered the NICE road and there was a huge mayhem there. A yellow board Qualis, took the wrong side as usual and the oncoming truck hit him head-on and then turned turtle. Another truck lost control in the process and hit a Santro and a Merc. Oh man, the merc was a complete wreck. I almost cried looking at it.

A nasty Valentines day, I had.
Wow.. That was a mayhem indeed. Bikers on these highways are mostly unaware of safety and just want to be posers without helmets and zipping in the fast lane at reckless speeds by motorbike standards. They sometimes have women in tow along with heap loads of luggage.

PS: Due to a qualis guy on the wrong side of the road, innocent Santro and Merc drivers have to go thru hell on the road.. Sigh!! Really a pity!!
Old 15th February 2010, 17:48   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Yep, Channapatna has its share of Evil Knievels. They will prompt you to take them on. And laugh at you if you are not upto the challange. I encountered them when we were returning from Coorg. They were no match for me.
Old 16th February 2010, 04:03   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Ought not to be saying this,but serves the bike right!Try to own the road,and get paid in an appropriate way.All said and done, I hope he made it.Lesson learnt, I hope!
Old 16th February 2010, 07:01   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
The newly constructed flyover on hosur road has become a comedy of errors, I have even seen people walk their non mechanized two wheelers along on the left lane!!!
No why would anyone do that ? It is not easy climbing on those elevated roads on bicycle.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:15   #1241
Team-BHP Support

Today, I had a brown pant moment driving to work

School time, was driving up Serpantine Street (main street in Richmond Town). Suddenly, a maruti school van with 10 kids in the back came hurtling into me, I braked in time. The van barely braked in time. Thank god I have good brakes. Even if the van had hit my car, I would not have had too much damage but the kids would be badly hurt since they would have been flung forward.

How do parents do this ?
Old 16th February 2010, 09:39   #1242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Bikers on these highways
Bikers(like them)=posers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
How do parents do this ?
They don't have much option i think, do they?

Schools and Parents should work on something safe for the little angels
Old 16th February 2010, 09:57   #1243
BHPian

I was avoiding to write this for some time now

I had a nasty issue with an Indica Cab attached to Accenture in Oct 09. I was on my way to work in the morning and at Agara junction near the flyover construction this cab tried overtaking from left and in the process brushed the front bumper. I informed the cabbie that he should not overtake from left and this situation could have been avoided. He started creating a big issue the minute I spoke in Hindi and started hurling bad words in Kannada.

On informing him not to use foul language he came out of the car and started pulling the door handles instigating me to come out of the car. I did not want to damage my car hence I got out and asked him to carry on as I did not want any issues nor any money from him as it was only a small brush.

When I turned my back to get into my car this chap had the audacity to hurl punches at my back and my neck. I turned back to defend myself but things took an ugly turn and I had no option but to retaliate. He ended with a broken cheek bone and a nose. I had few bruises on my forehead, neck and back.

We were taken to the cop’s station by the traffic police and they were framing charges against me as this guy was bleeding profusely. Thanks to the Accenture employee in the cab who informed his transport department that it was the drivers fault, this helped me get out of the police issue and was released late afternoon with paying a penny to anyone.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 16th February 2010 at 09:59.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:08   #1244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
We were taken to the cop’s station by the traffic police and they were framing charges against me as this guy was bleeding profusely.
Bangalore Police are the cheapest of the lot. And its good that you didnt pay anything not even medical expenses.

Quote:
Thanks to the Accenture employee in the cab who informed his transport department that it was the drivers fault
Oh thats good to hear. We should all try and help out people like these who get bullied only because they are outsiders. This should be a good lesson to these cab drivers that they cant get away with any nonsense.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:33   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
No why would anyone do that ? It is not easy climbing on those elevated roads on bicycle.
By non-mechanical two wheelers I think he means bikes that have some issue and engine stalled. I've seen a couple of them dragging their bikes on the flyover. About a week back, One dude with a pulsar and 2 other guys dragging the RX around 9:30 PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks