Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 07:17   #12496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Folks

A Tata Indica Cab's axle has broken and the car is stranded on the busy Begur main road. I saw this while coming to office in I shift. Expect major traffic jam for sure.
Old 29th August 2016, 10:37   #12497
Senior - BHPian

Is there some major work happening on Haralur side? Are there any diversions in place?
Old 29th August 2016, 10:58   #12498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Is there some major work happening on Haralur side? Are there any diversions in place?
Yup major one. Not on Harlur Road. On Jail/Hosa Road.There is some major drain work happening on the road and hence there is no entry or exit from Jail Road on to Sarjapur Road. Vehicles need to get into Harlur Road from Jail Road and then join Sarjapur Road.

Expected to put a huge burden on the already busy Harlur Road. Work expected to take 2 weeks as per reports on Facebook.

From Facebook

Quote:
*Traffic Diversion Update*
FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS - Due to BBMP work, All the routes going from Choodasandra Circle(Nandini junction) on Hosa Road towards Sarjapur Road/Kasavanahalli made one way(You can only come from Sarjapur Road towards Jail Road) . People going towards Sarjapur road from Choodasandra Circle need to take a diversion towards Harlur Road or go from Choodasandra village that joins back to Kasavanahalli(Amrita College entrance)
Although the above says that you can come from Sarjapur Road into Jail Road, yesterday I noticed the entrance dug up and blocked at the entry towards Jail Road at Kaikondrahlli junction
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 15:27   #12499
Senior - BHPian

If you are driving towards Suranjan Das Road from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road / LB Shastri Nagar Main Road and vice-versa, please be careful about the height restriction barrier placed just after taking the turn from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road / LB Shastri Nagar Main Road. I witnessed an accident yesterday, when a three wheeler goods vehicle's roof rammed into this barrier and driver was injured. The height of the barrier seems to be around 7 feet. It appears that many people take diversion via this road to avoid HAL Main Gate traffic signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160829_092036.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 15:39   #12500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
If you are driving towards Suranjan Das Road from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road / LB Shastri Nagar Main Road and vice-versa, please be careful about the height restriction barrier placed just after taking the turn from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road / LB Shastri Nagar Main Road. I witnessed an accident yesterday, when a three wheeler goods vehicle's roof rammed into this barrier and driver was injured. The height of the barrier seems to be around 7 feet. It appears that many people take diversion via this road to avoid HAL Main Gate traffic signal.
Just 7ft! More such accidents to happen. These low height structures are prone to damage the vehicles and itself and I have seen one near Royal Enfield showroom in ORR Mahadevpura being damaged every now and then and they keep constructing it more stronger every time. How do you get an ambulance or fire fighters through it in case of any emergency?

Sometimes it is scary for the pillion rider of bikes with those tall pillion seats.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th August 2016 at 15:46.
balenoed_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 21:51   #12501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Although the above says that you can come from Sarjapur Road into Jail Road, yesterday I noticed the entrance dug up and blocked at the entry towards Jail Road at Kaikondrahlli junction
There was heavy drain water logging at the junction since last one week. I also heard that one portion of the road caved in last Saturday. This might have prompted BBMP to take up the drainage work. I have attached the picture that I took yesterday. Two weeks looks like an aggressive target.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472487525.725964.jpg
Napo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 02:14   #12502
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Bangalore TP brigade (no, not time-pass but Traffic Police) totally oblivious to what's happening on mini-Hosur-road? The road from Christ College to Forum Mall has become incredibly dangerous with 2 wheelers mounting the median and jumping right into the other lane before either completely merging with the new direction or crossing dead straight into the petrol bunk next to Forum.

Today I saw a rider and a pillion get off their scooter over the same side as the Honda scooter dealership, the rider pulled up the front wheels over the median and the pillion followed by lifting the rear and easing it on to the median, the rider then accelerated suddenly onto the road while his buddy in crime stopped on-coming traffic as they eased into the petrol bunk horizontally in a relaxed manner. These people have the talent to look nobody in the eye yet get to where they want to by breaking a 100 rules. Cant the authorities decide what kind of median be installed on that road? The Christ College road has a 3 feet wide median with shrubs growing over them, it quickly narrows down to barricaded median just below the skywalk, then it shapes up into a narrow, single-stone median for a few meters then again emerges as a very short heighted, 3-feet wide median besides Forum, where two-wheelers flout no-crossing rules openly.

Wear helmets, don't drink and drive, wear seatbelts, buy safe cars.. in the meantime who punishes the offenders who create an accident scenario each and every moment by breaking the traffic norms?
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 09:21   #12503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
In case if you use Hosa/Jail road for your regular commute then I would suggest you either take Harlur Road or the road from Amrita College as shown in the diagram below:

Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20160828-10.35.33-pm.jpeg  

Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:25   #12504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now they have painted the height restriction barrier for visibility and added a warning board mentioning height as 2.2 metres. I still believe, this is not enough and some people may still fail to notice it, particularly at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160830_090344_hdr.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:37   #12505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now they have painted the height restriction barrier for visibility and added a warning board mentioning height as 2.2 metres. I still believe, this is not enough and some people may still fail to notice it, particularly at night.
Atrocious implementation of a good idea. While the intent is no doubt beneficial (for local residents who don't want the road to turn into a rat run for TTs, LCVs and ULCVs), they urgently need to place some flashing red lights across the barrier as well as paint it in much more reflective yellow fluorescent paint.

Expect multiple mishaps very soon. This must rank as one of the lowest (?) height barriers I have ever seen! Even a SUV with a luggage on a roof-rack may not get through.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th August 2016 at 11:41. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:53   #12506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
they urgently need to place some flashing red lights across the barrier as well as paint it in much more reflective yellow fluorescent paint.
Those red and yellow squares I think are reflective.

Anyway, yesterday I was in an Uber, stuck in a slow-moving jam near Soulspace Arena. In the lane adjacent to mine, there was an Indica cab. The guy had a newspaper spread over his steering wheel and was multitasking between reading the paper and negotiating the jam. I wanted to take a pic but my lane moved a bit faster and I lost sight of him. :-(

They have fines only for using mobile phones. Everything else is fair game.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:21   #12507
Senior - BHPian

Just to cheer up you guys, 'Where can I' in Bangalore, from 1945:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-14199617_10153872876941453_1502093714580264560_n.jpg

*Sydney Road is Kasturba Road
*South Parade Road is MG Road

Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0439412&type=3 (need to login and be member of the group to see on FB)
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 14:55   #12508
BHPian

Hi All,

Just got this info:

Quote:
Bommanahalli Elevated flyover closed for Vehicle Movement. Due to a Accident.
Source: Bengaluru Traffic Police FB Page

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg

So, plan your rides accordingly.

Regards,
-Badri
Old 30th August 2016, 14:56   #12509
Senior - BHPian

Expecting a traffic jam here? https://twitter.com/blrcitytraffic/s...49316721127424
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg  

Old 30th August 2016, 14:59   #12510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Hi All,

Just got this info:

Source: Bengaluru Traffic Police FB Page

Attachment 1548779
i
Quote:
Traffic already looks piled up in google maps. For those who are stuck up this flyover, may the strength be with you. It shows how poorly road designs are made with just no chance of an escape path. At least there should be removable medians every 100m or so which can allow vehicles to take a U turn at least and head back.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks