Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 12:12   #13096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Moreover people who work with US customers will be aware of the fact that coming tuesday is holiday in the US on the account of elections.
As far as I know, there is no nationwide holiday in the US on election day. Some states have it, but most of them only allow time off for voting. Similarly companies allow employees to come in late or leave early so that they could vote.

See also: http://takeoffelectionday.com/
Old 4th November 2016, 13:44   #13097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
This is a query:

Has anybody tried out this route to the airport?

How is the road condition? Is it safe? How is the traffic on this route?
Have taken this route a few times (from Devanahalli only till NH4). Single road, but traffic is generally low. Occasional cabs and trucks. Few potholes near Devanahalli, but otherwise in pretty good condition.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 16:03   #13098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

Has anybody tried out
route to the airport?

I went for a weekend breakfast ride to a restaurant (Indian Paratha Company ) near Devanahalli through this route. Took this route just to explore and see how it is.

It is a peaceful route and almost nil traffic except some trucks. Also I have seen lots of cabbies plying through this. It is convenient if travelling from Whitefield/Hopefarm side as seen in your map, but otherwise I feel there is no much advantage except you can get away with the toll as it is a bit longer navigating around the airport area and reach Devanahalli and again come down to airport-

A snap on the way-

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-budigere.jpg
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 16:23   #13099
Distinguished - BHPian

A concrete mixer lorry has rear ended a verito cab opposite jp Morgan towards belandur. Both are parked on the right lane. There was already a small build up due to this around 4pm.
Old 4th November 2016, 16:50   #13100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Don't know why - but I managed to reach Whitefield from EC in 45mins today !! Lesser number of vehicles on road? Did the potential threat of a fuel pump strike forced many folks to "work from home"??
I believe BTP has made some changes over the past couple of weeks in the EC1 Junction, Hosa Road Junction and Kudlu Gate junction which seems to be making moving on the Main Hosur road much better. I get colleagues complaining that when they exit from NICE to EC1 Cloverleaf interchange, they have to go almost as far as Infy exit to turn around and come into EC1 campus. But for me, moving between HSR and EC1, using the main road for the past so many days has been much improved.
Service roads have all but blocked to join the main road - i think.
Old 4th November 2016, 17:05   #13101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

Has anybody tried out this route to the airport?

I haven't tried this road yet and am tempted this as I am close to Hoodi. However, will taking this road mean we don't have to the pay the airport toll of Rs.120? If not, then I think it makes sense to use this. I could not make out from the route list and hence asking.
Old 4th November 2016, 19:32   #13102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I haven't tried this road yet and am tempted this as I am close to Hoodi. However, will taking this road mean we don't have to the pay the airport toll of Rs.120? If not, then I think it makes sense to use this. I could not make out from the route list and hence asking.
You have to pay toll. I paid Rs.80 while returning from KIA via this route last Tuesday.
Old 4th November 2016, 21:01   #13103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
You have to pay toll. I paid Rs.80 while returning from KIA via this route last Tuesday.
Thats odd. When I travelled in Sept, they just took back the reciept we get when we enter KIA from Devanahally side and did not take any toll, even though I had given them the amount at the toll plaza.
That was a pleasent surprise for me. The guy at the toll could've easily taken the money and issued a reciept.
Old 5th November 2016, 10:33   #13104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Thats odd. When I travelled in Sept, they just took back the reciept we get when we enter KIA from Devanahally side and did not take any toll, even though I had given them the amount at the toll plaza.
That was a pleasent surprise for me. The guy at the toll could've easily taken the money and issued a reciept.
Very odd! They ARE supposed to collect the one-way toll of 75/80 bucks (forgot the exact amount) when you exit KIAL towards the Devanahalli side. I have always paid on the rare occasions I used that exit.
Old 6th November 2016, 00:07   #13105
Team-BHP Support

The Devanahalli side toll seems two-way, valid for 24 hours. I've had multiple Uber cabbies hand over the ticket when entering the city from KIA, no payment.
Old 6th November 2016, 09:39   #13106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
With more ambitious project like steel flyover, the entire map of bangalore will be bleeding red. We are in October. In the nights there is hardly any chillness. If this is the situation in October, imagine what is in store for us in summer.
Absolutely, as some one who grew up in Bengaluru, I remember going to school in sweaters, this time of the year.
Now, one can manage with summer wear during winter. In the coming summers, we may be forced into beach wear :-)
Old 6th November 2016, 10:25   #13107
BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

Has anybody tried out

I use the Budigere route regularly, but only during the day. It is desolate and without any street lighting if driving at night and with the truck traffic can get a bit dicey.

During the day it's a nice peaceful road to drive on with very little traffic and with a freshly laid tarmac for most of the journey you reach in about the same time that the regular route takes and is a no-brainer if you are located in the Whitefield area. You only find some bad patches near Devanahalli town.

I have never paid toll !! I just collect a receipt on the up-ramp to the airport and hand it over when I exit the down ramp.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 17:43   #13108
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here know about feeder bus connectivity from Hoodi Halt station to Graphite India? Planning to take the train tomorrow to Hoodi Halt as an experiment.
Old 7th November 2016, 08:25   #13109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Near Agara in HSR, en route Jakkasandra, a
few moments ago this morning, I saw a Tavera taxi with its front suspension broken.
It is in the middle of the road.
Im not sure how it can be moved out.
Expect some jams and snarls if using this road.
Old 7th November 2016, 09:17   #13110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone here know about feeder bus connectivity from Hoodi Halt station to Graphite India? Planning to take the train tomorrow to Hoodi Halt as an experiment.
Took the train today to reach Hoodi Halt and that was such a breeze and it cost me Rs 10. Boarded the Marikuppam Passenger at 7.20 am BLR Cantt. and was at Hoodi Halt at 7.42 am. The train was pretty crowded - not sure if its a Monday morning thing or an everyday occurrence.

The pain was getting from Hoodi Halt to Office at Graphite India. Ended up walking almost all the way except for the Hoodi circle - Gopalan School stretch where I took a bus. Walk timing:
Hoodi Halt - Hoodi Circle - 7 min
Gopalan School - RMZ Centennial - 20 min

I did spend some time waiting at the end of Hoodi Flyover and Hoodi circle for busses and haggling with Auto drivers, which was about 15-20 min of time wasted.

Taking the train is not a bad idea at all for people travelling from areas around Majestic, BLR Cantt, East etc. or even folks who can get to Byappanahalli via Metro as I did see a foot over bridge that connects Byappanahalli metro to the railway station. Only need to ensure that you match your timings to train timings as in the morning there are only 3 trains that connect BYPL & Hoodi - 7.25, 9.35 & 10.05 am. Folks travelling to ITPL will have no issues finding a bus from Hoodi circle but its people who travel to Graphite/SAP who will have an issue as you either need to walk quiet a bit or take a bus all the way to ITPL and then take another to Graphite or pay Rs 50 for an auto from Hoodi circle.

Inspiration for this was #Nammacityexpress where Suhas travels from Hebbal to his office in Cessna Tech Park ORR via train and it takes 20 min and Rs 10 for a one way journey. Apparently they are in talks with BMTC & Indian Railways to adjust train timings to fit work timing of general shift, UK & US shift as well

Planning to take the train back to Cantt. as well. Lets see how that goes!

Last edited by procrj : 7th November 2016 at 09:22.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks