Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 15:00   #13141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Unless stricter fines are imposed, even during trial, these attempts may not become reality.
and apart from that what needs to be addressed first is the Tooth-Paste tubes. Make roads equally wide or gradually narrow and not like what we have today where its 6 lanes and the next second its just 2!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 16:26   #13142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is for the "over-ambitious" BMTC Bus lane on Airport Road.
This heading from the article got me thinking.

Quote:
Move your vehicle aside when you see a BMTC bus on Airport Road. The Bus Priority System (BPS), to be tested soon in the City, beginning with Airport Road, will require all vehicles to shift lanes to make way for the BMTC bus on its way.
Even today, most vehicles will rush out of the way when they see a powerful, honking BMTC (Especially a Volvo) with questionable brakes bearing down on them in the rear view mirror. Do they really need to put together such a fancy Bus Priority System for this?
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 22:47   #13143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This heading from the article got me thinking.
Even today, most vehicles will rush out of the way when they see a powerful, honking BMTC (Especially a Volvo) with questionable brakes bearing down on them in the rear view mirror. Do they really need to put together such a fancy Bus Priority System for this?
This project can't work on a two lane road. Moreover, every day or other, at least one BMTC bus will break down to test patience of other road users
Old 12th November 2016, 15:44   #13144
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

How is the Situation at Electronic City/Nice Toll ?

I guess it will be worse in the evening. I will be arriving there evening & for me the Best Route to reach HSR Layout will be NICE - Silk Board - HSR, or another option will be Yeshwantpur - ORR - Bellandur - HSR. 2nd option will be more time consuming I guess.

I don't think there are any other options left for me. Of there are any, please mention them.
Old 13th November 2016, 10:26   #13145
Senior - BHPian

Today being Sunday, Reached HRBR Layout from HSR Layout in flat 30 minutes. Took the ORR, there wasn't much traffic barring some Junctions (Bellandur, Old Airport Road). I wish this happen's everyday.
Old 15th November 2016, 10:12   #13146
Team-BHP Support

I'm assuming the BMTC driver community has been trained to stick to driving and stopping in their own lane at designated stops only?

If that bit's left 'voluntary' too, this plan is dead before conception!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 12:28   #13147
Senior - BHPian

There is light at the end of the tunnel for this ROB on MES outer ring road. The center span is in place so this should be opening up soon, ending the perennial traffic jams. This pic was taken on Sunday afternoon with the traffic at a standstill owing to a train movement. Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20161113_134947.jpg
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 14:31   #13148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
There is light at the end of the tunnel for this ROB on MES outer ring road. The center span is in place so this should be opening up soon, ending the perennial traffic jams. This pic was taken on Sunday afternoon with the traffic at a standstill owing to a train movement. Attachment 1575976
The center span was ready a few months ago. It was the ramps which were not completed due to delay in land acquisition. Work has been happening at good pace since a couple of months or so on the up ramp from BEL circle side and once that gets completed, the over bridge can be thrown open to public use. The ramp on the Gorguntepalaya side is complete.
Once open, this will be huge relief for ORR users like me. Presently we are forced to take a 2km long detour through HMT township to avoid the mess at the railway gate.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:12   #13149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Once open, this will be huge relief for ORR users like me. Presently we are forced to take a 2km long detour through HMT township to avoid the mess at the railway gate.
And this will also ease a lot of traffic on HMT road and the Goreguntepalya junction itself as many take U Turn here for Tumkur or Right for ORR and the waiting time at this junction is tremendously huge.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:23   #13150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And this will also ease a lot of traffic on HMT road and the Goreguntepalya junction itself as many take U Turn here for Tumkur or Right for ORR and the waiting time at this junction is tremendously huge.
But I also fear we would start seeing a very long Queue at the Gorguntepalaya signal coming from the over-bridge side waiting to take right towards ORR/Tumkur road once the ROB is open. Also, do you think the width of the bridge is smaller comparatively? or may be this is only one side of a dual carriageway bridge with construction yet to start on the other direction. Till the other side is ready, they would allow 2 way traffic with a divider in place in the completed bridge.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:38   #13151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
........do you think the width of the bridge is smaller comparatively? or may be this is only one side of a dual carriageway bridge with construction yet to start on the other direction. Till the other side is ready, they would allow 2 way traffic with a divider in place in the completed bridge.
Building another bridge would mean more land acquisition issues, this one already took years to sort out. I believe this is going to stay a two-sided bridge with divided lanes, and most probably heavy vehicles may not be allowed to use it by imposing height barriers.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:59   #13152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
most probably heavy vehicles may not be allowed to use it by imposing height barriers.
If heavy vehicles are not allowed to use the bridge, then how do they cross the railway line? I am sure once the ROB is commissioned, the two railway gates will be permanently closed. Railways are very keen to get rid of all manned and unmanned level crossings all across the country.
The stretch has very high lorry traffic - I regularly see long trailers carrying containers going on this road.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 16:23   #13153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If heavy vehicles are not allowed to use the bridge, then how do they cross the railway line? I am sure once the ROB is commissioned, the two railway gates will be permanently closed. Railways are very keen to get rid of all manned and unmanned level crossings all across the country.
The stretch has very high lorry traffic - I regularly see long trailers carrying containers going on this road.
If they close the railway bridges, a broken down truck on one of the carriageways can create unimaginable havoc with traffic. That route cannot handle the amount of traffic it gets, there will have to be some sort of compromise or the ground realities will stay the same even with a functional flyover.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:35   #13154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If they close the railway bridges, a broken down truck on one of the carriageways can create unimaginable havoc with traffic. That route cannot handle the amount of traffic it gets, there will have to be some sort of compromise or the ground realities will stay the same even with a functional flyover.
This is a problem on most flyovers in the city. One breakdown and the pile up will be huge. Higher the density means higher the pile up length. But something is better than nothing. At least the nightmare of traffic jam with the gates closed will be a thing of the past once this is opened.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 17:58   #13155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I also fear we would start seeing a very long Queue at the Gorguntepalaya signal coming from the over-bridge side waiting to take right towards ORR/Tumkur road once the ROB is open.
Extremely high possibility here. See what Kuvempu Circle (BEL Road) and BEL Circle signals are today despite of 2 underpasses below for those heading towards Goreguntepalya. The traffic has badly increased. With functioning of ROB, most traffic will head that side and create beeline at the T-Junction ahead.

Quote:
Also, do you think the width of the bridge is smaller comparatively? or may be this is only one side of a dual carriageway bridge with construction yet to start on the other direction. Till the other side is ready, they would allow 2 way traffic with a divider in place in the completed bridge.
Honestly, I haven't dared to drive that side since more than a year now ever since I got totally comfortable with HMT road.

Quote:
If heavy vehicles are not allowed to use the bridge, then how do they cross the railway line?
Yes, Highly impossible to retain the gate and still have the ROB function.
Quote:
Railways are very keen to get rid of all manned and unmanned level crossings all across the country.
Absolutely true and I see that already around my area only.

The Kodigehalli RUB is progressing at snail's pace and dead on one side and now we see that there are 2 underpass boxes installed at Sahakarnagar side away from the existing gate. This only means that they want to get rid of the manned gate completely and it makes sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks