Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 10:34   #13246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Ramasagara Village, Bangalore rural dt.
Not a very pleasant sight to see on a morning. There has been an accident at an S curve on this road. A bike seems to have crashed onto a JCB earth mover. Crossed the point at around 0915Hrs, and the body of the biker was still there on the road :(. I don't know when the accident happened, but it should not have been very long back. Don't think the biker was wearing a helmet.

Called up a friend who cross the same route at around 0950Hrs, and there seems to be a huge traffic jam at the narrow road now. Dialed 100, and I was patched upto the Bangalore City control room. Shared them the news, but they said some one had alerted them earlier (they say 2 hours back!) and they have passed the message to the Rural control room.
Old 9th December 2016, 11:49   #13247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Started from this weekend. I am not sure if this will really help traffic situation.
Well, it's turning out to be a horrible decision, not helping the cause in anyway. On couple of days I noticed vehicles queuing up till Ozone and Sobha apartments on harlur road in the morning.
Some of us from our apartment have already reached out to Bangalore Traffic Police. Got a response from them that they have informed the sector officer. Hope good sense prevails soon.

Quote:
For me it adds another 10-15minutes commute to take U turn and turn into harlur road to go home.
Totally agree. It's even worse in the morning. Have taken 30-45 min on couple of days to cover the 2 km stretch on Harlur road from my apartment.

Quote:
Firstly they should really fix that massive pothole at the harlur road intersection.
One of the other big reasons for traffic clogging up on Harlur road. I would say a complete overhaul of that section is required. They have fixed those holes many times in the past. But the pot holes appear within a month or two of fixing them. Not sure why the quality of repair is so poor time and again.
Old 9th December 2016, 13:57   #13248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Over smart Driver Kicked Back Driving Wrong Way

Vehicle Number : WB 38 Y 4462 Chevy Spark Petrol

Driver of this vehicle acted over smart and wanted to go ahead of everyone waiting patiently in the narrow one way lane during school rush hour. Had to beat a retreat as the vehicles in the opposite lane pushed him back.

Wait, this a******* is a repeat offender. Was this in whitefield area? I have spotted this car twice on Borewell road - Varthur Road intersection and he has done this. Once he tried to get in ahead of my car, but got greeted by a finger. But another time, he made his way through since a TT took the footpath to conserve his speed and let this guy pass. I have also seen him driving recklessly in EPIP area. IIRC I had posted this guys picture in the bad drivers thread too. Hope he gets banged by a cement mixer sometime in between this act
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 16:27   #13249
BHPian

Off-late in Bangalore, I'm seeing a considerable rise in folks driving bikes, autos, cars, even water tankers with one of the following (during evenings/night time) :

(1) Headlights off (plus dark colored clothing if driving a bike). Morons think they are driving a Bat-mobile
(2) High beam plus fog lamps on - the full bling to completely dazzle oncoming motorists.
(3) One headlight not working, so it is compensated by high-beam on the other side.

Do fellow Bangaloreans feel the same way? If so, can you folks give some tips on how to mitigate the dazzling due to these high-beams. Today morning I had to drive to MG Road around 5.30am. No daylight yet and no street lights in this core area of Bangalore. I was dazzled by so many of the aforementioned morons in a short space of 5 minutes that I was seriously worried about hitting another vehcile or the tall divider in MG Road. Where does one focus ones eyes in such cases? Or should I momentarily close them?

Mods: Sorry if this post is off-topic for this thread. Please remove if it is.
Old 12th December 2016, 07:26   #13250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Off-late in Bangalore, I'm seeing a considerable rise in folks driving bikes, autos, cars, even water tankers with one of the following (during evenings/night time) :

(1) Headlights off (plus dark colored clothing if driving a bike). Morons think they are driving a Bat-mobile
(2) High beam plus fog lamps on - the full bling to completely dazzle oncoming motorists.
(3) One headlight not working, so it is compensated by high-beam on the other side.

Do fellow Bangaloreans feel the same way? If so, can you folks give some tips on how to mitigate the dazzling due to these high-beams. Today morning I had to drive to MG Road around 5.30am. No daylight yet and no street lights in this core area of Bangalore. I was dazzled by so many of the aforementioned morons in a short space of 5 minutes that I was seriously worried about hitting another vehcile or the tall divider in MG Road. Where does one focus ones eyes in such cases? Or should I momentarily close them?

Mods: Sorry if this post is off-topic for this thread. Please remove if it is.
This time of the year we have many Ayyappa devotees visiting Sabarimala. So this is expected though riding without headlight is totally not acceptable.

It has become a fashion in Bangalore to drive with high beam and fog lights on. I suppose people do not know the significance of when to use high beam / fog lights.

Unfortunately for sedate drivers like you and me, driving slowly is the only mantra.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 10:40   #13251
Senior - BHPian

Has there been any major traffic accident on the elevated highway? Heard some one saying about a crash involving 4-5 cars. There is a huge jam on top of the fly over, and it was also spilling to the Bomannahalli-Silk Board Jn as well.

And looks like the Dairy Circle fly over may get opened soon. If I remember right, it was closed for re-tarring work.
Old 12th December 2016, 10:51   #13252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Has there been any major traffic accident on the elevated highway? Heard some one saying about a crash involving 4-5 cars. There is a huge jam on top of the fly over, and it was also spilling to the Bomannahalli-Silk Board Jn as well.
Yes there has been a traffic accident around 8.30 AM. I could count 4 cars involved in this accident.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:18   #13253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
And looks like the Dairy Circle fly over may get opened soon. If I remember right, it was closed for re-tarring work.
Dairy circle flyover was opened today morning around 9:40. I was climbing down towards Christ college and the up ramp towards Nimhans was just being opened. They did complete the re tarring work on this pretty soon.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 12th December 2016 at 11:19. Reason: Removed extra quoted post
Old 13th December 2016, 05:45   #13254
BHPian

Rains non stop since yesterday. Power cut already in my place since night. This day is going to be a mess for office goers! Take care all! Work from home if possible
Old 13th December 2016, 07:31   #13255
BHPian

Water Logging Alert - If you are travelling towards Marathahalli on the Ringroad, then there is water logging on the left side just before the entrance of the flyover in front of Marriott Courtyard next to Eco space.

To make matters worst, a Dzire Tour Cab has been rare ended and is parked on the right side just in front of Water logging.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 08:25   #13256
Senior - BHPian

This morning around 6 AM, a Toyota Etios Taxi ran over the divider on the Kodichikkanahalli main road near the Bharat Petroleum bunk. Saw crane in operation to remove the vehicle before traffic piles up.
Old 13th December 2016, 08:37   #13257
Senior - BHPian

8:15 AM - car toppled on Inner ring road on the EGL side after EGL. On the opposite side a tree is toppling.

So expect delays on inner ring road today
Old 13th December 2016, 08:41   #13258
BHPian

At 7:35 am - Just after EGL a self driven (Zoomcar) Etios had just turned turtle, causing the traffic to be backed up. Hope it is removed, as it is very close to the middle of the road.

At 8:15 am - On the BETL Flyover, on the side going towards Silk Board there was an accident involving a Ritz, which apparently braked hard, hit the median and turned a full 180 degrees. Onlookers had blocked the other side as well. The side hit (people going from EC towards Silk Board) was backed up for around a couple of kilometers.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 13th December 2016 at 08:42.
Old 13th December 2016, 08:42   #13259
Distinguished - BHPian

The floodgates from the hell on earth Bay of Bengal have opened its portals yet again on Chennai which in turn managed to reach Bangalore in no time at all. I'm sick and tired of these rains, I almost always fall sick in such weather and the amount of pollution, muck and destruction that it leaves behind needs weeks to recover from. This hell isn't fire and brimstone, rather water, water and more water, MUCH worse.

It sure wasn't like this earlier, I've been a city resident since I was a baby and things are turning for worse by the year. December in earlier times used to present a couple of light showers (almost like salt spray) during evenings and that was about it. Chennai as I've heard of it also remained largely dry except for a 4-5 light to moderate rainfalls as a result of natural North-East monsoon.

Believe it or not, there is imbalance in nature and that's resulting in such mutated weather conditions that is shaking the life of the ecosystem everywhere. Automobiles, factories, ceaseless dumping into the seas, coal emissions, landfills, refineries etc are doing their part in total and endless destruction of the only home we have. I can't claim to be a sanyasi who's not contributing to this mess, I indeed am but during such occasions I feel sad for the state of things and I want to minimise the ecological load as much as possible. I've bronchitis and almost 50-60% of the residents of this city also do as per my doctor.. contrary to popular belief rain does not bring relief, it'll only worsen the condition as pollution hits the water supply and the unstable weather will throw the body cycle off balance.

Anyone capable of doing so must work from home, do NOT add to the traffic mess, it'll be severe today. I'm off for the whole week as I battle lung infection.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 08:42   #13260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Water Logging Alert - If you are travelling towards Marathahalli on the Ringroad, then there is water logging on the left side just before the entrance of the flyover in front of Marriott Courtyard next to Eco space.

To make matters worst, a Dzire Tour Cab has been rare ended and is parked on the right side just in front of Water logging.

Regards
The same is the state on the other entrance of the flyover while coming from Marathahalli. Stay to the right lane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks