Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 14:16   #13351

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Well, to quote
We but mirror the world.
=======
It will take another 15-20 years to get things back into shape and the onus is on you and me
100% agree with you. I think like this sometimes till my patience levels run out. But these things are easier said than done (atleast for me). One remedy I found was to just put on the radio on extra-loud volumes to cancel out ambient traffic noise and drive peacefully
Hopefully my tolerance limits will increase with each passing day!
pai.pradeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:12   #13352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Heavy traffic on ORR from Silk Board side. There was a big truck carrying a huge payload near Ecospace. I believe it might have caused the traffic to back up.
Yes. This truck was there even at around 0930Hrs. The police was helpless because of the huge load. And then at around 0945Hrs there was also a minor accident at Bellandur. So all these would have added to the mess.
Old 5th January 2017, 16:52   #13353
BHPian

Reports of a heavy truck break down in ORR.
Be ready for Immense traffic if you have to take Outer Ring Road towards Marathahalli
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170105wa0005.jpg  

SaNdY_AR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 18:26   #13354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Reports of a heavy truck break down in ORR.

The beauty of my city. Allow trucks of all shapes and sizes 24X7 except when there are major political and affluent events to give wrong impression and to make the first time visitors pass the right judgement, that all is well.

Even if one wants to argue that this truck would actually not be crossing the city but headed to a destination within the city, I expected a basic rule put in place that such trucks need to enter only after 2200 Hours to cause least bottlenecks.

Now the the upcoming Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is less than a day away, am sure a lot of trucks from Hyderabad Road side entering the city would be diverted. Apart from that, entry of trucks will be banned beyond NICE in both directions on Tumkur Road - All to "make way" for a successful event while we will continue to rant here forever.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:48   #13355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

The beauty of my city. Allow trucks of all shapes and sizes 24X7 except when there are major political and affluent events to give wrong impression and to make the first time visitors pass the right judgement, that all is well.

Now the the upcoming Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is less than a day away, am sure a lot of trucks from Hyderabad Road side entering the city would be diverted. Apart from that, entry of trucks will be banned beyond NICE in both directions on Tumkur Road - All to "make way" for a successful event while we will continue to rant here forever.
As you mentioned BTP have just put up traffic advisory on ORR towards Tumkur Road for heavy vehicles to ensure smoother travel for VVIPs
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-15895175_1245106042221767_2345723884849379906_n.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-15940764_1245106085555096_854105101464427304_n.jpg  

Last edited by vin_b : 6th January 2017 at 10:50.
vin_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 16:15   #13356
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore traffic police has observed that several vehicle owners have committed traffic offences and they have not paid the fine. If the fine amount is not received, further legal action will be initiated. Here's the list of top 500 vehicles -

http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...20Vehicles.pdf

195 cases against the person topping the list Wondering why have they waited this long to make the .pdf and circulate and then take action?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 6th January 2017 at 16:18.
Old 6th January 2017, 17:03   #13357
Team-BHP Support

The tax-paying citizenry count for nothing as usual, but God help humanity if freeloader VVIPs have to spend even a second extra due to traffic

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th January 2017 at 17:05.
Old 8th January 2017, 13:32   #13358
BHPian

Please avoid Iskon Temple area today.

Unprecedented security and unprecedented rush.
Came here from HSR with family for Darshan and had to retreat. Cooling off in Orion mall now.

Car parking for the temple is inside the premises but today you will be asked to park some 1-km away and then walk down from there.

Looks like some VIP visit under Parvasi Bhartiya Diwas from 7-9 Jan.

Last edited by daretodream : 8th January 2017 at 13:33.
Old 8th January 2017, 16:05   #13359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Even if one wants to argue that this truck would actually not be crossing the city but headed to a destination within the city, I expected a basic rule put in place that such trucks need to enter only after 2200 Hours to cause least bottlenecks.
I guess the ORR was made for these kind of trucks to bypass the city. The "planners" didn't expect the ORR areas to become city with malls and Software Parks.
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 05:40   #13360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Bangalore traffic police has observed that several vehicle owners have committed traffic offences and they have not paid the fine. If the fine amount is not received, further legal action will be initiated. Here's the list of top 500 vehicles -

http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...20Vehicles.pdf

195 cases against the person topping the list Wondering why have they waited this long to make the .pdf and circulate and then take action?

I found I have a 100 rupee fine on my two wheeler for jumping signal. That's surprising as I generally am very conservative on the road and tend to follow signals much to the irritation of others behind me.

There's no evidence listed against it. Is it even worth fighting I wonder?
Old 9th January 2017, 06:22   #13361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I found I have a 100 rupee fine on my two wheeler for jumping signal. That's surprising as I generally am very conservative on the road and tend to follow signals much to the irritation of others behind me.

There's no evidence listed against it. Is it even worth fighting I wonder?
I have found a Rs. 100 fine against my scooter for jumping signal at 12:08 Hrs on 26th August 2016. I was at office on that day (8:30AM - 5:40PM) and have not used the scooter. My wife do not drive that. How do I contest this wrong challan. This issue is serious.

Anyone else facing such wrong cases of violations. Seems a software issue at the traffic police side.

Last edited by Sree73 : 9th January 2017 at 06:23.
Old 9th January 2017, 08:28   #13362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I guess the ORR was made for these kind of trucks to bypass the city. The "planners" didn't expect the ORR areas to become city with malls and Software Parks.
You are talking of the NICE/PRR combination.

The usual use-case for our ORR type of road is to reduce congestion in inner city, by rerouting intra-city traffic. So a person going from point A to point B, instead of taking a route that goes via the CBD areas, would instead take the radial route that takes them to the ORR quickest, go around the ORR in an orbital fashion, and take the radial exit that takes them to their destination soonest.

Apart from the commercial establishments on the ORR that generates a lot of vehicle traffic that the road is not capable of handling, there are two other problems with the ORR: (a) the lack of sufficient radial routes (the consequence of which is seen in the CBD areas), and (b) in my side of the city at least, the interchanges between ORR and these routes are horribly planned (Marathahalli, for example. worse, Silk Board.).
Old 9th January 2017, 08:45   #13363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have found a Rs. 100 fine against my scooter for jumping signal at 12:08 Hrs on 26th August 2016. I was at office on that day (8:30AM - 5:40PM) and have not used the scooter. My wife do not drive that. How do I contest this wrong challan. This issue is serious.

Anyone else facing such wrong cases of violations. Seems a software issue at the traffic police side.
I too have an outstanding 100 rupee fine for jumping a signal in Yelahanka at 930 am, when I had my bike with me at office on Old Madras Road at the time. It's either a software issue or someone else is misusing my registration number.
Old 9th January 2017, 08:49   #13364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

You can show swipe details as a proof and contest that the violation is not genuine. I have done that on my fathers car and did not even give any proof. It will take time for them to respond but they will check with the records, especially the notepad of the constable who has filed this offence. In my case, the registration number was wrongly noted as MG instead of the offending vehicles MQ. They took around two weeks to acknowledge the claim and another day or two to erase it from the register.

Order of escalation is as follows:
1. Call up traffic enforcement center.
2. They will check if there is any photo or it was a field traffic violation noted down by hand.
3. They provide you the contact details of the police station who has raised this violation. Contact them and politely enquire whether they have a picture or any evidence.
4. Mostly the answer is no, so explain your circumstances that day and tell them you can show swipe details from your office.
5. They will ask you to send an email explaining the same. Send the email with all addresses in CC and then you have to wait for sometime.

Conversing in Kannada will help since they have very basic english knowledge.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 09:13   #13365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You are talking of the NICE/PRR combination.
No, i'm talking about ORR, which is pre-NICE, pre-PRR times. At that time ORR was big enough to bypass the city, which is not the case now.
As you said, the junctions and interchanges are horribly planned.

Last edited by Torqy : 9th January 2017 at 09:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks