Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 09:39   #13381
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Rant: NICE Road, nouff said!

They started "repairing" road. That said, they decided to closed down 3/4 of 2 lane road, about 1 km near BG road exit from EC yesterday between 5~7. Knowing that its peak time, for those who returning from office. The usual 10 min journey took 45 min, thanks to all the mayhem thus resulted in!

The blocking of road is haphazard that you will barely see barrels during dusk. It was crazy with two wheeler suddenly cutting in from left, vehicles discovering driving in ditch on your right (resulting cloud of dust).
Old 12th January 2017, 09:54   #13382
BHPian

Quote:
The signal will actually cause even more of a bottleneck with number of vehicles entering and exiting Varthur Road. I should know, I live down that road and even without the proposed 'U' turn it's a nightmare.
This can also cause a potential gridlock in old madras road for the straight-moving traffic from KR puram side. Already I see traffic backed up until the Gopalan mall entry on some days. It is going to be worse still. And if the backup reaches the U turn in front of Haiku Honda, then the effect will be seen on the other side of Old madras road as well.
Old 12th January 2017, 10:50   #13383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Absolutely and we continue not to have any choice but pay, use and rant for their inefficiencies in every possible manner and I was wondering why no one complained about the mess on yesterday evening.

Quote:
They started "repairing" road. That said, they decided to closed down 3/4 of 2 lane road, about 1 km near BG road exit from EC yesterday between 5~7. Knowing that its peak time, for those who returning from office. The usual 10 min journey took 45 min, thanks to all the mayhem thus resulted in!
Actually, they had closed this 2 days back only but for few hundred meters. I had driven from Kanakpura Road side to EC around noonish and saw no jams on the other side but in the evening it was chaos.

Bhpian called me to say if I had left for the day and I said I was waiting to get my vehicle delivered from the Service center and he advised me not to start now and shared this:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170111wa0036.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170111wa0037.jpg

For anyone not knowing what this was, they would assume that a Gas tanker carrying toxic material toppled or a car caught fire but to tell you all the fact, this was the dust flying all over the atmosphere because there were too many risk takers driving on the drainage type median forming 2-3 lanes, bending dangerously towards the drain, including few loaded trucks.

Quote:
The blocking of road is haphazard that you will barely see barrels during dusk. It was crazy with two wheeler suddenly cutting in from left, vehicles discovering driving in ditch on your right (resulting cloud of dust).
One thing I learnt by driving peak hours at NICE - Everyone is in a hurry to rush home to attend nature's call am sure. I see no other reason for that damn impatience exhibited by every motorist - 2 Wheelers, Office Buses (I entered NICE at 1800 yesterday).

Trust me, I was feeling sorry for the hapless truckers who were easily overpowered by the otherwise minority of cars and bikes. They had to drive cautiously minding every inch of gap as a 2 wheeler would suddenly sneak in without a notice and hide right behind the blind spot.

I stuck to the left lane not leaving a gap for even an ant to pass from my left side. So my doors and mirrors were not victim of a 2 wheeler's handlebar brushing against my car's body. Few kept honking and upon finding a opportunity they passed me from my right.

Ahead, I realised that the block was right into my lane but I started to slowly move towards the right inch by inch giving enough hints to others behind me that they need to change their lane instead of getting locked right in front of the drums when no one will allow them to change the lane there.

So this stretch itself took around 20+ minutes to cross.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th January 2017 at 10:51.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:17   #13384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For anyone not knowing what this was, they would assume that a Gas tanker carrying toxic material toppled or a car caught fire but to tell you all the fact, this was the dust flying all over the atmosphere because there were too many risk takers driving on the drainage type median forming 2-3 lanes, bending dangerously towards the drain, including few loaded trucks.
That was exactly what I thought when I saw it from far. then called a friend in a vehicle 5 minutes ahead of me and he told that it was nothing but dust. I fail to understand how people drive on that median. with what confidence do they take the entire vehicle. Hatchbacks are still ok, but I'm amazed how even Omnis, Xylos and tall loaded trucks take that lane. Call me a sadist but I seriously wish one of these vehicles topple over while doing that.

And in general on the NICE road, recently its become almost impossible to stay on the main two lanes and cruise along at a steady 80kmph (forget the designated 120kmph).

In other rant, there is a multi axle truck loaded with steel rolls broken down on the fast lane of Hosur road at Veerasandra signal towards Hosur because of a ripped tyre. Its been 3 days and it is still lying there unmoved.
First of all, tyres are not maintained and replaced when necessary and over that nobody seems to be bothered about it blocking the fast lane. What can I do other than ranting here...literally nothing!!!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:25   #13385
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore Traffic Police uploaded the list of top traffic violators on their website (41 to 195 violations! )
And the top 5 are mentioned here in this news report.
Source

Bangalore Traffic Police Website also has the list of top violators:
Link
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:26   #13386
BHPian

Quote:
dust flying all over the atmosphere because there were too many risk takers driving on the drainage type median forming 2-3 lanes, bending dangerously towards the drain, including few loaded trucks.
Completely agree with you. The mess became messier only due to the haphazard style driving by impatient people-probably due to Nature's call, as you mentioned.
Leave 2 wheelers, there were many Tempo travellers and mini buses which were ferrying company employees, going to the extreme right, very close to the slope towards the drain. How irresponsible! They are not only cutting the lanes and causing the mess,but they are putting a bunch of 25-30 people's lives into risk.

Last edited by autospeaker : 12th January 2017 at 11:28.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:46   #13387
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me, I was feeling sorry for the hapless truckers who were easily overpowered by the otherwise minority of cars and bikes. They had to drive cautiously minding every inch of gap as a 2 wheeler would suddenly sneak in without a notice and hide right behind the blind spot.
When did they allow two wheelers to ply on NICE road. As I remember they were not allowed to ply on NICE road some 3 years back. It is very dangerous for two wheelers to share the road with vehicles travelling at triple digit speeds.
Well, once upon a time NICE road hosted lewis Hamilton for showing his drag racing skills in his F1 car. I dare if he tries it now.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:11   #13388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
And the top 5 are mentioned here in this news report.
Source
It would have also been nice to know what type of these vehicles are. I really had a feeling that many of the vehicle whose owners are women are actually "Yellow cab" vehicles (mainly working for call centres).
Old 12th January 2017, 12:23   #13389
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It would have also been nice to know what type of these vehicles are.
Is that information publicly available on the Karnataka RTO website (Last few times I tried that site, it said, it is under maintenance) or the SMS based app (have never used this one) ?
Old 12th January 2017, 12:28   #13390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
When did they allow two wheelers to ply on NICE road. As I remember they were not allowed to ply on NICE road some 3 years back.
2 wheelers have been plying on this road since 2009!

Quote:
It is very dangerous for two wheelers to share the road with vehicles travelling at triple digit speeds.
True. So is the BETL.
Quote:
Well, once upon a time NICE road hosted lewis Hamilton for showing his drag racing skills in his F1 car. I dare if he tries it now.
with the level of unevenness of the surface, the f1 car will need a new increased GC to drive on this road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It would have also been nice to know what type of these vehicles are. I really had a feeling that many of the vehicle whose owners are women are actually "Yellow cab" vehicles (mainly working for call centres).
I counted that. 12 out of he top 20 offenders (seen in the below news paper report) were Yellow board vehicles.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170111wa0001.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is that information publicly available on the Karnataka RTO website (Last few times I tried that site, it said, it is under maintenance) or the SMS based app (have never used this one) ?
We don't need that when the letter series in the registration number itself give out that information. No letter and letters A-E only are assigned to yellow board private vehicles

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 12th January 2017 at 12:34.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:47   #13391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I counted that. 12 out of he top 20 offenders (seen in the below news paper report) were Yellow board vehicles.
Full list from the horse's mouth:

http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...20Vehicles.pdf
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:53   #13392
BHPian

While I was just checking in BTP website whether my car has any ticket raised , though I didn't find any violation tickets on my name found this nice piece of information:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ctfad.jpg  

Old 12th January 2017, 18:54   #13393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post

They started "repairing" road.
They reasphalted the kanakapura entry and exit portions a couple of days ago. If I recollect correctly, on tuesday evening 5 PM they had left just one gate open while the work was going on resulting in a big pile up. One gate for cars, trucks and 2 wheelers, you can imagine. Wonder why don't they do this at the night.
Old 12th January 2017, 19:40   #13394
BHPian

Not sure if this was reported earlier. Found this tweet from metro pro twitter account
https://twitter.com/cpronammametro/s...92868591075329

This is about the Ragigudda to CSB Metro line and new road on road flyover plan. God knows when they will start this and what would be the status of traffic once this starts. Already by 7:15 am this stretch starts to choke and I just can't imagine when all this construction starts.

Attaching the plan and note from the twitter.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_1497.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_1498.jpg  

Last edited by harishhm74 : 12th January 2017 at 19:45.
Old 12th January 2017, 20:36   #13395
BHPian

Just saw this on minister KJ George's (Minister for Bengaluru Development and State Town Planning) twitter.

https://twitter.com/thekjgeorge/stat...58181206507521

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-asphalt-paving.jpg

Asphalt Paving! Has it been done before anywhere?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks