Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 16:21   #13516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
But the BTP are mute spectators and do nothing to stop this, but are more than eager to sit with a speedgun during off peak hours at the end of the Marathahalli underpass to jump in front of a car / bike and demand their "hafta" !
If one follows the speed limit, there is no need to pay this 'hafta' right? The problem with us is that when we are wrong, we expect not to be fined, but are the first to pounce on others when they are wrong.

The median on top of the marathalli was a horrible idea to begin with. The traffic jams on the HAL road and on the Kundanahalli road used to be present irrespective of the time of the day. I have been stuck there at 12 in the night for an hour, can you believe it? This new system has made that stretch a lot more smooth compared to earlier. Ring road is a mess, there is no point in shifting that mess to the other roads. if only all those people on the ring road who travel alone in their cars shift to the public mode, which is quite good on that stretch, the traffic will automatically come down.
dass is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 20:07   #13517
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, can one still make a right turn below the flyover to enter BTM layout ring road from Hosur road (silk board junction) ? Asking since a friend mentioned there were some recent changes at that junction below the flyover ?
Old 8th February 2017, 20:35   #13518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, can one still make a right turn below the flyover to enter BTM layout ring road from Hosur road (silk board junction) ? Asking since a friend mentioned there were some recent changes at that junction below the flyover ?
I just checked Google map. It shows you can take a right turn. Google map is very quick to update the changes if it is there.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 06:39   #13519
Senior - BHPian

Folks: A Major traffic alert

Near the Sarjapur signal on the ORR, a TATA sumo crashed on to the divider. Hopefully it is towed away before traffic piles up
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 07:04   #13520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks: A Major traffic alert

Near the Sarjapur signal on the ORR, a TATA sumo crashed on to the divider. Hopefully it is towed away before traffic piles up
I wonder what speed he was doing to climb on to the high divider and move almost 20 feet.

Also there is a TT which has broken down on the entrance of the underpass on the Ringroad

Regards
Old 9th February 2017, 08:21   #13521
Distinguished - BHPian

Today I noticed that most of the median gaps on Whitefield Main road between KR Pura station and Hoodi have been shut. This includes one opposite phoenix market city. Now the vehicles coming from ITPL side have to go till HP to take a U turn to come back to phoenix. Though this might be good to streamline traffic, the bad part is they shut down U turns where the road was wide and have now left gaps in places where the road is relatively narrow. . Should see how this turns out in peak hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Coming from Adugodi side, the right turn is indeed possible. If not a right turn, one can also take a U turn below the flyover and then take a left to go into the inner roads of BTM if that is the final destination.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th February 2017 at 08:24.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 10:21   #13522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Wonder where BTP gets these billion dollar ideas to mess traffic up.. The new U turn created opposite VIMS hospital is so dangerous it is a matter of time before someone rear-ends a vehicle that has suddenly braked because of someone taking a U turn. No real markers to indicate there is a U turn and vehicles suddenly brake at that point. Seriously a bunch of monkeys can manage traffic better than the men in khaki and white.

I travel 30 kms on ORR every day and the easiest way to manage traffic is regulate the BMTC buses - ensure the bus stops are not at the beginning / end of a flyover and make sure they stop / drive only on the leftmost lane and the ORR will be a bliss. But the BTP are mute spectators and do nothing to stop this, but are more than eager to sit with a speedgun during off peak hours at the end of the Marathahalli underpass to jump in front of a car / bike and demand their "hafta" !

the jam has moved from Marathalli and is now impacting ORR commuters on account of U turn at VIMS.
If the U turn was at JP Morgan it would streamline the traffic
Already dealing with KR Puram, Total Mall & ISRO on a daily basis - now added another bottleneck at Marathalli
Old 9th February 2017, 10:36   #13523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
the jam has moved from Marathalli and is now impacting ORR commuters on account of U turn at VIMS.
Since Yemalur Road is one of the alternatives suggested for people coming on OA Road to hit the ORR, Yemalur village is now constantly choked. The stretch within the village is actually some sort of hands-on training location for everyone whose job required digging up roads. I think right now, BWSSB has dug up the road here for the 3rd or 4th time in 2 years (GAIL, Jio, BSNL etc. all have had only one chance yet and presumably are waiting for their turns).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 11:35   #13524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Since Yemalur Road is one of the alternatives suggested for people coming on OA Road to hit the ORR, Yemalur village is now constantly choked. The stretch within the village is actually some sort of hands-on training location for everyone whose job required digging up roads.
Yamalur junction itself is a mess and severe bottleneck for people travelling from HAL towards Marathahalli due to lack of lane discipline. In the last few days I have attempted 3 different options to reach my office near Bellandur from HAL.

1. Doddanekundi - ISRO - ORR: Extra time on ORR due to heavy traffic, will avoid.
2. Yamalur - Kadubeesanahalli - ORR: Test of my SUV's off-roading capability.
3. Continue straight on Marathahalli bridge - Take U-Turn near Sankara Eye Hospital - Take left at Marathahalli bridge to ORR: This is only working for me at this time, with about 5 mins extra time / 2 km extra drive. But VIMS U-Turn making things bad in this section of ORR.
Old 9th February 2017, 11:47   #13525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Yamalur junction itself is a mess and severe bottleneck for people travelling from HAL towards Marathahalli due to lack of lane discipline.
If you are coming from beyond Konena Agrahara/Murugesh Palya, then turn into Wind Tunnel Road and arrive at the other end of Yemalur village near the bridge. This might work better for you (avoids all of HAL main gate, Marathahalli borewell, Yemalur jn and Yemalur village with only Challaghata junction added as a new possible bottleneck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
3. Continue straight on Marathahalli bridge - Take U-Turn near Sankara Eye Hospital - Take left at Marathahalli bridge to ORR
If you are crossing the Marathahalli bridge looking for the perfect route to join the ORR, then turn left-U at the base of the bridge towards Purva/Rohan apartment blocks and come through Munnekolala. You join the ORR at a point that is beyond VIMS/Innovative. Could work out better, though there is a railway gate in between.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 11:53   #13526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Could work out better, though there is a railway gate in between.
And if you do get stuck in this railway gate, the commute time can be easily increased by 20mins to settle down the mess caused by the narrow road and people from both sides assuming its a one way.

Once I had been to office on my two wheeler and during the return journey I tried this road at 6PM to avoid traffic near Marathahalli bridge. The gate closed just as I approached it and it was a 20 minute break for me until I could move my two wheeler, forget car. I parked to the side, went to a nearby shop and had chips and coke and by the time I was done, traffic started crawling. I cant imagine until where the pile up would have reached.

Unless you are sure of the train timings, this route is a strict no especially in car.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 13:59   #13527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are coming from beyond Konena Agrahara/Murugesh Palya, then turn into Wind Tunnel Road
I normally join Old Airport Road near HAL Post Office or sometimes near HAL Museum. So, this route will not work for me.

Quote:
If you are crossing the Marathahalli bridge looking for the perfect route to join the ORR, then turn left-U at the base of the bridge towards Purva/Rohan apartment blocks and come through Munnekolala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
And if you do get stuck in this railway gate, the commute time can be easily increased by 20mins to settle down the mess caused by the narrow road and people from both sides assuming its a one way.
Colleagues in my office advised to avoid this route due to the railway bridge as mentioned by audioholic. Since I was anyway used to some traffic on Marathahalli - Kadubeesanahalli section of the ORR, I will continue to use HAL - Marathahalli - U Turn at Sankara Eye Hospital - Marathahalli - ORR. At least road condition is good and if you are stuck in traffic, help from traffic cops may come sooner, although sometimes for off-roading adventure I might take right turn at Yamalur signal to join ORR at Kadubeesanahalli
Old 10th February 2017, 17:38   #13528
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic seems backed up from Ecospace all the way past marathahalli. Anyone knows why?
Old 10th February 2017, 17:47   #13529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Traffic seems backed up from Ecospace all the way past marathahalli. Anyone knows why?
Saw a message on a WhatsApp group that a vehicle was on fire near Ecospace flyover. This was around 5pm.
bejoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 18:32   #13530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Saw a message on a WhatsApp group that a vehicle was on fire near Ecospace flyover. This was around 5pm.
Here you go:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170210wa0042.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks