Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 14:03   #13576
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
This route will definitely help the folks travelling from Whitefield. Earlier we had to do a roundabout where one had to reach Devanahalli village and then land up on Bellary road and approach the airport from the other side.

This change will cut the distance in half. Can't wait for this to be opened .
Indeed. I read that it will reduce the travelling distance by 20 kms if you are travelling from whitefield to Airport.
Will this new route avoid the Devanahalli toll if you are travelling from airport to Whitefield?
Old 15th February 2017, 14:14   #13577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Even Jayalalitha came in her Prado. She would be using the same I guess. Shouldn't be disruptive since the jail is on Hosur Road.
Okay. It is confirmed that she is coming by road and have started. So I guess she should be "inside" by around 5PM today. And then there would not be much traffic hold ups, as she would be coming via Attibele check post. Jayalalithaa when she was imprisoned, came in as a Chief Minister with Z+ category. Till she was convicted & sentenced she had to be given the treatment as per the protocol. Sasikala would not get any of these. To be precise she can even be just brought in a normal police jeep with women police constables and produced before the judge, who would then remand her.
Old 15th February 2017, 14:55   #13578
Distinguished - BHPian

Any route updates of Sasikala? Will she surrender at Bangalore High court? I need to plan my visit so was wondering what route to take.
Old 15th February 2017, 15:27   #13579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any route updates of Sasikala? Will she surrender at Bangalore High court? I need to plan my visit so was wondering what route to take.
She is supposed to surrender at the trial court. Read a report that the trial court has been shifted to the Jail premises on Hosur Road (I assume this means a temporary court set up in the jail) and she is expected to surrender at the jail directly. This was done in order to prevent inconvenience within the City

Going by the time frame seen so far, looks like she her convoy will hit Electronic City area around the evening peak time.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 15:32   #13580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
She is supposed to surrender at the trial court. Read a report that the trial court has been shifted to the Jail premises on Hosur Road (I assume this means a temporary court set up in the jail) and she is expected to surrender at the jail directly. This was done in order to prevent inconvenience within the City

Going by the time frame seen so far, looks like she her convoy will hit Electronic City area around the evening peak time.
Technically speaking, she was tried by a special court constituted to try only this one case. The special court was based at the Parappana Agrahara jail premises (I think because of the Z+ nature of Jayalalithaa's security) and was disbanded soon after it pronounced judgment. Now after the SC verdict the KA government probably has notified the special court again just so that Sasikala could surrender.

And yes, I think her convoy will hit e-city bang in the middle of peak evening time. Small respite is that she wouldn't take the BETL. :-)
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 16:05   #13581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Indeed. I read that it will reduce the travelling distance by 20 kms if you are travelling from whitefield to Airport.
Will this new route avoid the Devanahalli toll if you are travelling from airport to Whitefield?
I never paid the toll anyways. I always kept the ticket given at entry from devanahalli side to the airport and returned it at the exit gate towards devanahalli.

If you are inside for less than an hour, the same ticket works. Not a dime needs to be paid to the toll operator .
Old 15th February 2017, 18:37   #13582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If you are inside for less than an hour, the same ticket works. Not a dime needs to be paid to the toll operator .
Never knew there was a similar provision.

Of course, if you are coming from Hebbal side we do not have option since there is only one toll booth and it is not possible to claim this way.
Old 15th February 2017, 18:50   #13583
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Yes, it will completely avoid the toll plaza (the intent is to have a non-tolled road option to the airport). This road starts off from the second roundabout/circle inside the airport and will lead directly to the Hennur/Nagawara side of outer ring road (a part of the south western side of the airport campus boundary wall has been demolished to connect the road to the airport). The road is almost parallel to the main NH 7 Airport road via Hebbal.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 22:37   #13584
BHPian

Hi! Anyone recently (today / yesterday) traveled to / from BIAL from / to Bangalore South (Banashankari / Kathriguppe side)?

I am aware of the information that the route advised by BTP, for vehicles going towards BIAL from Bangalore South is as below -

Towards BIAL : Mysore road – Nayandahalli Junction – Signal Free corridor on ORR - right turn at Tumkur Road junction – left turn near Taj - BEL Circle – Gangamma circle – Mother dairy circle –Unnikrishnan Junction – Rajanukunte – Addiganahalli – MVIT Cross – Vidya nagara cross – BIAL

I have a BIAL pickup tomorrow morning and will be starting around 07:30 hrs. Was wondering if I can take the regular Hebbal - Elevated Fly over - BIAL route?

Return trip would be around 10:30 hrs.

Your inputs are highly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 15th February 2017, 22:45   #13585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I have a BIAL pickup tomorrow morning and will be starting around 07:30 hrs. Was wondering if I can take the regular Hebbal - Elevated Fly over - BIAL route?

Return trip would be around 10:30 hrs.

Your inputs are highly appreciated! Thanks!
Regular route is fine for tomorrow (Thursday) in my experience of the last 2 days.

Friday and Saturday are the 'public' days at Aero India and the mayhem will be especially catastrophic on Friday with offices and schools ALSO being open!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 06:45   #13586
BHPian

Traffic Alert

Truck breakdown in Bellandur flyover towards Marathalli. 2 lanes blocked. Avoid ORR from Sarjapur road junction till Bellandur. Take Bellandur main road from Sarjapur road and connect to ORR under Bellandur flyover.

Route shown in picture (take the road marked with green arrow).

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-route.png

Last edited by drivingme.crazy : 16th February 2017 at 06:58.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 07:45   #13587
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be visiting Aero India today(exhibition area). Any chances of bumping into any TBHPian?
Old 16th February 2017, 08:57   #13588
BHPian

Crawling traffic from Teacher Colony near HSR layout towards Marathahalli on the outer Ring road. Google maps shows heavy jam till Bellandur Central. The movement of traffic has literally come to a standstill.
Old 16th February 2017, 09:02   #13589
Distinguished - BHPian

Truck broken down on right most lane just before the KR Puram railway station. Keep left and crawl on.
Old 16th February 2017, 09:10   #13590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Traffic Alert

Truck breakdown in Bellandur flyover towards Marathalli. 2 lanes blocked. Avoid ORR from Sarjapur road junction till Bellandur. Take Bellandur main road from Sarjapur road and connect to ORR under Bellandur flyover.

Route shown in picture (take the road marked with green arrow).

Attachment 1608943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Crawling traffic from Teacher Colony near HSR layout towards Marathahalli on the outer Ring road. Google maps shows heavy jam till Bellandur Central. The movement of traffic has literally come to a standstill.
It is now being evacuated with the help of crane and traffic is piled up all sides. I join outer Ring road from Haralur road, there aslo the traffic is piled up till at least HP petrol bunk.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 16th February 2017 at 09:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks