Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 13:28   #13681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
What is the latest status on Uber and Ola strikes ? I have to leave for Airport tomorrow around 5 a.m. What do you suggest folks ?
You can check with Mega Cabs. They have a flat drop rate for airport.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-banner700rs.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 13:32   #13682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
When I returned I picked an Uber from the airport back home.
Aren't there problems with the taxi finding out your exact location at the airport ? I prefer taking a waiting taxi to avoid the confusion while returning.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th March 2017 at 13:34.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 13:54   #13683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Aren't there problems with the taxi finding out your exact location at the airport ? I prefer taking a waiting taxi to avoid the confusion while returning.
Not really - just give him a landmark based on one of the many booths (Nandhini, Subway, etc.) based on where you exit the arrivals lounge.

Or if you are travelling solo, the car park where the Uber cabs wait is just a short 20m walk directly away from the Nandhini booth.

But yes, to each his own.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 10:09   #13684
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a tree has fallen on a truck some where near Kundalahalli. Traffic jam at ITPL main road, but was just clearing at around 0945hrs. Most likely they would have cleared the mess.

BTW, looks the city police has got a new division - Whitefield. And police stations have also come up at Marathahalli & Bellandur. HAL, K.R Puram, Mahadevapura, Kadugodi, Whitefield, Varthur, Marathahalli & Bellandur all now fall under Whitefield Divn. But this is only for the L&O police. Traffic police still seems to have the old setup. I was thinking that they would also have a traffic sub-divn under Whitefield, focusing exclusively on the IT belt between EC, Whitefield and Outer Ring Road. And looks like the overall strength of the police force has also been increased. I now see lots of hosa hudugas in the Traffic police manning various junctions.

Last edited by sachinpk : 6th March 2017 at 10:10.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 16:52   #13685
BHPian

Massive block in BTM main road. 45 mins to reach Uduppi Gardens from the top of the Jayadeva flyover. Unsure of the cause though, would recommend the lake road if anyone is heading towards Silkboard from this part of the city.
Old 6th March 2017, 17:09   #13686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Massive block in BTM main road.
Not sure if this is the reason, but it's taking ages to cross Silk Board from HSR.
Old 6th March 2017, 17:28   #13687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Massive block in BTM main road. 45 mins to reach Uduppi Gardens from the top of the Jayadeva flyover. Unsure of the cause though, would recommend the lake road if anyone is heading towards Silkboard from this part of the city.
According to tweet by BTP, its due to peak hour traffic.

https://twitter.com/blrcitytraffic/s...13967002279936
Old 7th March 2017, 11:08   #13688
Senior - BHPian

Today's road block seems to be in KR Puram area. A truck has gone up a median on the side of a road over bridge. The BTP application gave the details quite early in the morning itself. At 1030Hrs what I heard was that they have to completely unload the truck, move the stuff to another truck and only then pull it out of the median :( . The block may be there till 1130Hrs.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:22   #13689
Distinguished - BHPian

If I get hold of the engineer who planned all those flyover on he ORR, I don't know what I'll do to him...Useless fellow. All exits on the fast lane. and that's the reason for so many accidents and Jams. Bugger must have gone to Germany or somewhere to study and would've incorporated right side exits as a "learning"
Realising the problems, in some places those exits have been closed by BTP. What a waste of real estate, money and lot of inconvenience!
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 11:59   #13690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
According to tweet by BTP, its due to peak hour traffic.
Quite strange, been doing this route for ages now and have never encountered such a large block at this time of the day. Bangalore traffic does throw up surprises every now and then, so I' guess we have to grin and bear it as always.
Old 7th March 2017, 13:43   #13691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Bugger must have gone to Germany or somewhere to study and would've incorporated right side exits as a "learning"
Now why did I not think about that!? You're absolutely spot on with this comment. Our State Government is very keen on visiting foreign countries for the so-called "STUDY" which they "TRY" to implement in India after analysis.., or that's what they claim. May be yes.., that person seem to have implemented the idea perfectly by doing a copy-paste of the original (the by-heart category during college days perhaps)

Now I clearly understand why the actual fast lane is a slow lane and the slow lane is a fast lane. Time to get the car modified to be a LHD? Please suggest some good mechanic who can do that

Jokes apart, when will they learn? Or will they ever?
Old 7th March 2017, 15:43   #13692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If I get hold of the engineer who planned all those flyover on he ORR, I don't know what I'll do to him...Useless fellow. All exits on the fast lane. and that's the reason for so many accidents and Jams. Bugger must have gone to Germany or somewhere to study and would've incorporated right side exits as a "learning"
Realising the problems, in some places those exits have been closed by BTP. What a waste of real estate, money and lot of inconvenience!
Even the illiterate drivers(predominantly cab,auto and two wheelers) are responsible for this chaos.The above mentioned mahadevapura flyover had 2 exits earlier and now they have blocked the left exit merging to service road.
The reason for blocking the left lane was that people enter service road in wrong direction and cause Jam during peak hours.Due to this blockage , all vehicles are forced to take exit from right lane which is used by buses as well creating further jam.
Another example is, yesterday when there was a massive jam at ITPL main road due to tree fall on truck and i thought of avoiding it by turning right at rajpalya junction and take the Hoodi railway overbridge.But there was utter chaos on the overbridge and the reason behind this was two wheelers and autorickshaws were coming in the opposite lane. These gentlemen just dont understand the pain that they are causing .At times i feel that the traffic police should carry a lathi or lash and beat these violators on the spot
Again , as the UBER and OLA taxis are back on the road, they have just unleashed themselves.I happened to visit ORION mall passing thru phoenix mall on sunday.What i could observe is there were only taxis on both sides of malls and they have just parked on the road as if they need to recover the business lost due to their strike .

Last edited by AshiqueS : 7th March 2017 at 16:00.
Old 8th March 2017, 07:15   #13693
BHPian

Traffic Alert - There is a huge water log below the railway bridge once you cross the ISRO U turn on the ring road. Water log is towards Marathahalli if you are coming from KR Puram side.

So commuters trying to take right towards Alpine Apartment road might be delayed and commuters coming towards Marathahalli will encounter slow moving traffic.

Another Incident - Saw a Sintex kind of water tank on the flyover in front of ecospace. There was a small traffic jam because of that and in the next flyover there was a truck parked on the flyover with water tanks overloaded on the truck. One of the tank had come loose and fell over on the flyover.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 08:51   #13694
Distinguished - BHPian

Water logging at Cauvery underpass - from sankey side to windsor manor is closed, causing a mess all around Cauvery & Windsor manor. Avoid if possible

Last edited by procrj : 8th March 2017 at 08:52.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 09:13   #13695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Traffic Alert - There is a huge water log below the railway bridge once you cross the ISRO U turn on the ring road. Water log is towards Marathahalli if you are coming from KR Puram side.

So commuters trying to take right towards Alpine Apartment road might be delayed and commuters coming towards Marathahalli will encounter slow moving traffic.

Another Incident - Saw a Sintex kind of water tank on the flyover in front of ecospace. There was a small traffic jam because of that and in the next flyover there was a truck parked on the flyover with water tanks overloaded on the truck. One of the tank had come loose and fell over on the flyover.

Regards
He must be headed to that railway bridge to fill up that logged water

On a serious note, these guys must be fined on two counts, overlading the vehicle and causing Inconvenience to public. What all we have to watch out for on our roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Water logging at Cauvery underpass - from sankey side to windsor manor is closed, causing a mess all around Cauvery & Windsor manor. Avoid if possible
That is so Magical!
It's that magic box isn't it? just one evening of rain and it is like this, I don't know what all we have in store. Or Hopefully, this wakes up the authorities and they prepare for the monsoon season during the summer.

Most Viewed