Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 09:15   #13696
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Traffic Alert - There is a huge water log below the railway bridge once you cross the ISRO U turn on the ring road. Water log is towards Marathahalli if you are coming from KR Puram side.
While coming towards Mahadevpura at 8.30, I could see Fire Service was on its way and I hope it is meant to drain out the excess water. It is sad state of affairs that this water logging is not new this place and still authorities were not able to find a permanent fix. Every time there is water logging poor chaps of BTP and Fire Service had to come for the rescue

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th March 2017 at 09:19.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:22   #13697
Distinguished - BHPian

A late departure from the house and poor road engineering by Morons(I wont blame rain) took me 1.2Hrs to reach office compared to 40-50mins on a regular day. Met a huge pile up at KR Puram, and no worries I thought, as I headed up the bridge escaping the mess and went towards the BMTC bus depot road to take the underpass near whitefield Honda. This saves me almost 10 minutes of crawling in the traffic taking the regular road.

But today was different, and I guess that underpass was waterlogged too, and no google data for that road. I met with a huge queue of cars which extended almost till the turn off from service road. Tried crawling for some time and it was too slow which meant something was seriously wrong. Took a U turn, and came back to old madras road thinking of going into Devasandra and then hoodi. There was a huge pile up near the Market too on the opposite side hence I drove all the way to Bhattarahalli cross, took a right and reached hoodi this way. . Looks like on a rainy day, its better to spend time in the KR Puram mess rather than trying to find an alternative.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 09:24   #13698
BHPian

Traffic is literally stopped now - from kr puram towards marathahalli due to the waterlogging.
Heard they are draining the waters now so no movement of traffic.. another hour probably before they clear and allow traffic movement...
Old 8th March 2017, 09:53   #13699
BHPian

Heard traffic has been stopped as water is being pumped out.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20170308wa0012.jpg  

chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:12   #13700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
At times i feel that the traffic police should carry a lathi or lash and beat these violators on the spot.
Technically police cannot do that....so as a matter of creating discipline, residence of Chinnapanahalli had formed a brigade of volunteers to regulate traffic near the railway crossing. Volunteers were taught to 'look' harsh behave 'as if' rude have a lathi and 'pretend' to use it. It took lot of efforts and pain to get things into control, specially the so called well educated IT guys into line until a fine day when a police man broke the queue and got the taste of lathi (not literally).

Rest is history, and the mess is back as the residence have withdrawn
Old 8th March 2017, 10:12   #13701
BHPian

Traffic going towards KR puram from Hebbal is backed up on Outer Ring Road upto Banaswadi due to the water logging mentioned in the above posts. Moving at snails pace.
Old 8th March 2017, 10:24   #13702
Senior - BHPian

Thank god for no underpasses from silk board towards Cessna tech park ! Had a normal traffic experience.
Some colleagues are starting late and see if the water logging is cleared towards KR Pura
Old 8th March 2017, 10:32   #13703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thank god for no underpasses from silk board towards Cessna tech park ! Had a normal traffic experience.
Some colleagues are starting late and see if the water logging is cleared towards KR Pura
In such a scenario, wont work from home be the better option (assuming your office permits) rather than leaving home late only to be caught in traffic again.
It is a known fact that come rains in the night, traffic in Bangalore the next day will be nothing short of pandora's box
Old 8th March 2017, 10:40   #13704
Senior - BHPian

Days of water logging are back. Checked the BTP app before leaving for office, which gave some clues.
1. The Outer Ring Road and the two beesanahallis are once again jam packed.
2. The "Salem bridge" (the railway over bridge near Marathahalli) is once again water logged. Even at 0940Hrs the BBMP folks have done nothing to fix the problem. Looks like it is now again time for the "uniformed" forces; the police and Fire Brigade to fix the problem (the "civilian" agency BBMP is only focusing on bribes perhaps).
3. Heard about BMTC buses brake down some where near BTM and near Prestige Shantiniketan as well. But looks like they have managed to clear them away.
4. Overall I actually lesser time to commute to office today (it was just around 60 minutes against the usual 75 minutes). May be lots of people working from home, or on a "wait and watch" mode.

Attached: Google Maps with Traffic situation at around 1030Hrs today.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-blrtraffic_08mar17.jpg  

sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:57   #13705
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Heard a BMTC volvo got caught in a sink hole at Bannerghatta road. Link to the post on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/kiran.ramabhadran/posts/10155191616669388

Last edited by kiran_cr : 8th March 2017 at 11:10.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:22   #13706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In such a scenario, wont work from home be the better option (assuming your office permits) rather than leaving home late only to be caught in traffic again.
It is a known fact that come rains in the night, traffic in Bangalore the next day will be nothing short of pandora's box
Well, work from home is left to our discretion. But some issues related to hardware, labs etc will necessitate one to come to office.
Old 8th March 2017, 15:36   #13707
BHPian

Took 4 hours to commute from Bannerghatta Road to Whitefield via Mahadevpura. I use Zipgo.
This was at 8:30 AM. Really unfortunate that we need to put up with such a lot of inconvenience.
I am worried about the situation once the rainy season starts.

No clue if the return journey will be better or worse as more rain is predicted for tonight
Old 8th March 2017, 21:57   #13708
BHPian

Today morning, took 1 hour to commute from Marathahalli bridge to Doddanekkundi. I wonder what sort of engineers BBMP is having who can't solve the waterlogging problem in Karthiknagar underpass even after so many years. Really pathetic state of affairs.

Last edited by motorsan : 8th March 2017 at 22:01. Reason: Grammar
Old 9th March 2017, 00:04   #13709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Took a U turn, and came back to old madras road thinking of going into Devasandra and then hoodi. There was a huge pile up near the Market too on the opposite side hence I drove all the way to Bhattarahalli cross, took a right and reached hoodi this way. . Looks like on a rainy day, its better to spend time in the KR Puram mess rather than trying to find an alternative.
Devasandra is almost always jammed - especially in the peak hours. If it rains OR during any pooja / holiday, or on Tuesdays (Tuesday is the market day for the KRpuram Market) then the road is ALWAYS chock full.

Better alternative is make a U turn (near vijaya bank, old madras road), get into Basavanapura Main road (Krishna theatre road) - this is parallel to devasandra road, go till dead end, it will join the road connecting bhattarahalli cross to hoodi. Even this road is a mess (esp. the T junction where this meets the ayyappanagar). One can also take one of the parallel side roads and come up near the SEA college Arch, from where the traffic is relatively more easily flowing.

Sepaking of basavanapura road, Off late, many cabbies are taking this road, and sadly, basavanapura main road is also showing signs of bursting up in seams. Matters are made messier due to the faulty and ill advised footpath widening excercise, which has reduced the road width by at couple of feet.

Last edited by haria : 9th March 2017 at 00:06.
Old 9th March 2017, 10:20   #13710
BHPian

Looks like traffice police have created a bus lane from MM temple to KRPuram railway station on old madras road and diverting all private and BMTC buses through this.

Can someone using this road confirm if this is helping? These buses used to create quite a mess with haphazard stops enroute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks