Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 21:35   #13801
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

With nothing planned on a mid-week day off, drove till the Nandi hills junction of NH7 on a whim today, it was a very peaceful and enjoyable drive with very low traffic.
Took the Banaswadi (ORR)-Hebbal route and enjoyed driving on the airport stretch. Was in the WagonR and upto 80kmph it cruises around the 2.5k rpm mark, but above that it rises to 3k rpm which I don't enjoy and prefer to keep the vehicle to speeds under 80Kmph.

Coincidentally, this also turned out to be a good thing as there was an interceptor near the BSF campus that had stopped a few vehicles breaking the 80kmph mark

Paid Rs.120 for the multiple journey toll near the Airport trumpet junction toll booth and returned the same way, it was bliss! Wish Bangalore would be like this always (I dream and I digress).

On the return leg, we took the ORR all the way towards Marathahalli and then headed back on Old Airport towards Inner Ring Road before returning home after an aimless drive around the city - loved it

The Doddanekkundi flyover was open for traffic and was surprising since I'd not read about it being inaugurated. There was still some work in progress like painting the sidewalls (no lane markings yet).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 06:32   #13802
Senior - BHPian

Folks

The U turn at Rainbow hospital at Marathahalli has been blocked. So people have to proceed further below the flyover and then take the U turn.
Old 30th March 2017, 08:02   #13803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

The U turn at Rainbow hospital at Marathahalli has been blocked. So people have to proceed further below the flyover and then take the U turn.
Almost ran into the cement block which they have used to block the U Turn, only to realize its been blocked. Hope they repair the road under the flyover ASAP
Old 30th March 2017, 08:08   #13804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Almost ran into the cement block which they have used to block the U Turn, only to realize its been blocked. Hope they repair the road under the flyover ASAP
IMO, the U turn at Rainbow hospital was way better compared to the U turn below the flyover where the road surface is poor.
By the way the flyover near Rainbow hospital, I see it is meant for vehicles coming from KR Puram to Marathahalli. Why not the other way round also ?
Old 30th March 2017, 08:15   #13805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
IMO, the U turn at Rainbow hospital was way better compared to the U turn below the flyover where the road surface is poor.
By the way the flyover near Rainbow hospital, I see it is meant for vehicles coming from KR Puram to Marathahalli. Why not the other way round also ?
Construction is under progress for other lane. Contractor is given target to finish the other lane before monsoon, fingers crossed
Old 30th March 2017, 11:01   #13806
Senior - BHPian

Press Note Bangalore Traffic Police.

BBMP is undertaking the work of asphalting the the Lingarajapuram flyover on Lingarajpuram road from 27th March 2017 onwards and the first stage of the work will be completed in a period of 15 days. The work will be taken up in two stages and hence the Lingarajpuram flyover will be closed.
In the first stage work will be taken up on the route from Pulakeshinagar to wards Hennur on the Lingarajpuram Flyover.
Alternate Route:
1. All vehicular traffic moving from Shivajinagr toward hennur via Lingarajpuram flyover shall move straight from Nethaji Circle via Tannery road take a right at Narendra Tent junction and join Hennur road at Siddappa reddy Junction take a left turn and proceed towards Hennur
2. All Vehicular traffic moving towards Banaswadi from Pottery road via Lingarajapurma Flyover shall take a right turn proceed on pottery road and join Wheeler road towards ITC and proceed further towards Banaswadi.
The second stage of alphating work will be taken up on the Hennur towards Pulakeshinagar side, vehicular traffic will not be alloed for a period of 15 days, alternate routes are as under
Alternate Route
1. All traffic moving towards Shivajinagar from Hennur shall take right turn at Siddappa reddy Junction proceed further and join Tannery Road at Narendra Tent Junction take left and proceed on tannery road towards Shivajinagar.
2. All other traffic from Hennur junction proceeding towards city via Lingarajpuraj shall take a left turn at Hennur junction proceed towards Kalyannagar on ORR and take right Turn proceed on to Banaswadi Main road and proceed further to wheelers road to reach city

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490851891.197048.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490851860.731268.jpg  

Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:28   #13807
BHPian

Does anyone ever remember the Silk Board flyover being asphalted since it its construction? The flyover exit towards Bommanahali is in such a sorry state and its scary to even slow down for fear of being rear ended.
fash_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:10   #13808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Does anyone ever remember the Silk Board flyover being asphalted since it its construction? The flyover exit towards Bommanahali is in such a sorry state and its scary to even slow down for fear of being rear ended.
On the same flyover the expansion gap is so much that one can hear the thud sound in his/her vehicle prominently. This is more prominent as you take the side of the flyover leading to Madiwala. Off late I do see vehicles slowing down as they near the expansion joint on the ramp of the flyover.
Old 30th March 2017, 17:51   #13809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Ha, it was even worse couple of years back. Some parts of the iron sheet (or rod or whatever it was which put in the joint), used to jut out and it used to give an ominous thud when vehicles used to go over.

On a lighter note, off-late, I never notice this pathetic condition as during the timing when I'll be using it, there will be usually almost bumper to bumper traffic and I'll usually crawl past it.
Old 3rd April 2017, 06:22   #13810
BHPian

Guys - Any impact on fuel availability considering the truckers indefinite strike? Looks like the Southern part has more impact. Should we top up our tanks and avoid any rush later? Inputs appreciated.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...6n3Afr53I.html
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:28   #13811
Distinguished - BHPian

I filled up my car as usual on saturday(I top up the tank every weekend irrespective of fuel remaining) and my Dio today(with speed 97 though ). I did not see any panic today or any shortage already.

Also, there has been some spillover after BYPL metro station not sure if its diesel or oil. While going towards KR Pura when I stopped at the signal after the metro station my legs nearly slipped. If anyone is going that way, especially on a two wheeler, then caution is advised.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:02   #13812
Senior - BHPian

Left home near EC at 0900Hrs, quite earlier than the usual start time. Reached ITPL at 1040hrs later than usual :(. First block was at Dommasandra Jn., so did a U turn and went via Gunjur. As soon as I crossed Gunjur traffic jam 1 km down the road to Varthur. Did a U turn again, went via the scenic village routes and landed at Hope Farm Jn at around 1025Hrs.
Don't know what is the problem. It is Monday and most schools have also closed. Did not notice much queues in front of fuel bunks as well.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:20   #13813
Senior - BHPian

The below link tells the story of Bangalore in a nutshell. Metro is still a dream on the silkboard stretch. The only potential I can think of is to double the Bangalore-Hosur Railway line so that we have a dedicated line for suburban trains. Accordingly Carmelaram station or Bellandur station can be developed.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ernatives.html
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:00   #13814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Left home near EC at 0900Hrs, quite earlier than the usual start time. Reached ITPL at 1040hrs later than usual :(. First block was at Dommasandra Jn., so did a U turn and went via Gunjur. As soon as I crossed Gunjur traffic jam 1 km down the road to Varthur. Did a U turn again, went via the scenic village routes and landed at Hope Farm Jn at around 1025Hrs.
Don't know what is the problem. It is Monday and most schools have also closed. Did not notice much queues in front of fuel bunks as well.
I was on the other direction. Some unusually high Traffic on both sides from Brookbond, Whitefield till the HP petrol pump Gunjur
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:06   #13815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I think several schools are having the end of year PTM meetings this week. Considering the mentioned area is full of schools, could be one reason for higher than normal traffic.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks