Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:42   #13921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Over speeding will, as per the amendments to the Motor Vehicles Act, attract a fine of ₹400. A repeat offence will be punishable with a penalty of ₹1,000.
Yes yes, but the amendment act is not the law yet. It still has some time to go.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:08   #13922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There are Hosur-TVS-Attibele and Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapur. Depends on where in Bangalore you have to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I had a colleague who drove from Hosur to EC for 2 years, hassle free.
Thank you both for your replies! I am almost set on moving to Hosur. I save on rents, school fees even though I will have to burn more fuel, still it's a win win move for me! Time to hunt the house and settle down.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2017 at 21:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:48   #13923
Distinguished - BHPian

News about alternate route to airport -

Link
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:50   #13924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you both for your replies! I am almost set on moving to Hosur. I save on rents, school fees even though I will have to burn more fuel, still it's a win win move for me! Time to hunt the house and settle down.
Well, fuel price in TN is usually lower than it is in KA, so you might offset some of the extra burn cost.

The only caveat I'd want you to be aware of is that Bangalore is a state capital of international repute; so power supply is undertaken very diligently. Hosur isn't, so (residential) power supply's reliability is something you'd want to be 100% sure of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
News about alternate route to airport
This sort of passing the buck is quite par for the course when it comes to executing government contracts I guess.
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:30   #13925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, fuel price in TN is usually lower than it is in KA,
That was a month ago. TN Government raised VAT and the price of fuel is now almost the same in KA and TN. In fact, diesel is costlier in Hosur than Bangalore by almost a rupee while petrol is cheaper only by around 80 paisa.

Link for news: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...ol-diesel.html
sandsun7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:22   #13926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, fuel price in TN is usually lower than it is in KA, so you might offset some of the extra burn cost.
Th new CM of Tamil Nadu EPS raised the VAT following which the petrol price in TN is cheaper by about 1.7 Rs compared to KA. As far as the southern states (KA,AP,KL,TN) are concerned, I dont think it makes a big difference if you fill petrol in any of these states. Prices are almost comparable.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 19:27   #13927
Senior - BHPian

Binnypete main road from Magadi Road towards ETA Mall/Mysore Road is choc a bloc with traffic because of some Consumer Exhibition being held near Binnypete. Took me about 25 minutes to cross a stretch of 500m an hour ago.
Old 24th April 2017, 00:32   #13928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The issue of recklessly driven buses have been discussed so frequently and these are classic examples to show the carelessness of the educated IT folks inside the buses. Not one chap came down to offer help. Not sure if this is a company mandate to stick inside the bus in case of an issue and let the driver bore the brunt alone.
Companies generally give very clear guidelines to employees about not getting involved in any altercation to avoid getting into legal issues incase of things going out of control. I had a similar minor incident in my company where our company tempo traveler was rear ended by a young biker near mysore rd flyover in market area. Temp traveler was not at fault as the driver was just braking based on traffic in front. But the biker guys created quite a scene and within matter of minutes people of his community gathered in large numbers. The driver would have got lynched when one of the employees in the cab intervened to calm things down and defend the driver since he was not at fault. Long story short, result was someone from the crowd punched the employee and broke his nose and disappeared back in the crowd.

Now this falls into typical grey area of a personal incident. Cab driver wouldnt want to file a FIR, company wouldnt either, affected person is on his own to file and pursue in our legal system but how many witnesses would he manage in court to prove his case eventually vs the opposing party. Finally he just nursed his nose and ego and just let it go and learnt a valuable lesson. Unfortunate but the only logical way to approach in a situation like this in my view.

Last edited by supertinu : 24th April 2017 at 00:34.
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 08:01   #13929
Senior - BHPian

Bus breakdown at start of HSR BDA flyover towards Agara. Back wheel has come off. Traffic piled up to till silk board. Plan accordingly.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:59   #13930
BHPian

A lady on an Activa scratched my car last evening. The footrest of the scooter was open and it hit the rear bumper of my car.
All this when I was patiently waiting at a red signal.

When intercepted she was like: 'Look there are no scratches'
Me: 'See there, u scratched the bumper'
Lady: 'So what?'

I was speechless at her reply.

Few more meaningless speech exchanges happened.

Moreover, she didn't have license plate on the rear and only in the front side. It looked like a new vehicle but already had a broken headlight.

Reckless rider I must say.

I let her go without creating much scene. The signal had also turned green by then and I didn't want to hold the traffic behind.
Old 25th April 2017, 11:19   #13931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
A lady on an Activa scratched my car last evening. The footrest of the scooter was open and it hit the rear bumper of my car.
All this when I was patiently waiting at a red signal.
Sorry to hear about it mate.

One thing I get dreaded by in the Bangalore traffic is the footrest of these gearless scooter. Many times I see that they are open even though there is no co-passenger in the rear seat and like in your case a reckless rider zipping across traffic with open footrest can cause lot of damage to not only to the car but also for the person walking across the street. I myself experienced it first hand and post this painful experience, whenever I come across such people in the road, I used to ask them politely to fold it and move on.
Old 25th April 2017, 18:36   #13932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only caveat I'd want you to be aware of is that Bangalore is a state capital of international repute; so power supply is undertaken very diligently. Hosur isn't, so (residential) power supply's reliability is something you'd want to be 100% sure of.
Might not be very relevant to this thread but....

Power supply is very erratic even in a place like EC! When you say they are diligent about power supply, it made me LOL.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:06   #13933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Power supply is very erratic even in a place like EC! When you say they are diligent about power supply, it made me LOL.
I am talking of planned power cuts (called "load shedding" in which you don't get supply for maybe even 14-18 hours a day).

Eg: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle4078407.ece
Old 26th April 2017, 07:10   #13934
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru's traffic conundrum goes hand in hand with acts of omission and commission by BMTC drivers. BMTC buses have been held responsible for a number of accidents on the busy streets of Bengaluru and rightly so. In 2013-14, 88 persons were killed in accidents involving what mainstream media time and again refers to as Killer BMTC buses. The numbers for the years 2014-15 and 2015-16 and 2016-17 stood at 78, 69 and 48 respectively.

This forces us to question the efficacy of the country's premier and much awarded public transport system. These buses are supposed to take us to our destination for the day and not redirect us to our final and permanent abode. Sadly, as the aforementioned statistics clearly demonstrate, BMTC seems to be working in close association with the angels of death.

All this would have been just another rant of frustration had the transporter remained immune to the doings of its drivers. The good news is that things are about to be changed or so say the officials.
  • BMTC has established a well equipped driver training and testing centre at Vaddarahalli. A look at the photo of the site instills some amount of confidence that the drivers are being trained well.

Training track at Vaddarahalli, Bengaluru.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20170426_070435.jpg
  • Buses are being monitored live through GPS coordinated speed governors. Instant warnings are being given to violators.
  • Programmes for creating awareness on the need to follow traffic rules, the ill effects of accidents and DUI are being held regularly at the depots.
  • Breath analyzer tests to find out alcohol usage while on duty is being conducted on a day to day basis.
  • The toyish ORVMs are being replaced with bigger, better, convenient mirrors in order to aid visibility.

Source: Vijayakarnataka
dailydriver is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 07:42   #13935
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Training track at Vaddarahalli, Bengaluru.
Good move. I hope the drivers are also trained on the importance of parking & stopping correctly at bus stops - most often they park haphazardly and at bus stops they do not use the bus bays and end up stopping in the middle of the road/lane blocking traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks