Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 17:00   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
He would have got the full package from them - blows, slaps, police case against him under various sections, a stint at the lock-up, visits to court too.
Well you never know... he might pull some strings and go scot free just to come back and violate the rules.

If he is holding his ground against a traffic cop, he would know ways to escape from the full package as well me thinks!!
Old 11th March 2010, 19:47   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is what resulted last evening on my drive back home, an imbecile (i have no other words to describe him) tried to jump the traffic light by driving on the wrong side of the road only to get stuck at the junction when the lights turned red.
I see these IMBECILES everyday on the new road from Kasturi Nagar leading to NGEF junction on Old Madras Road. Imbecile sounds nice. Don't we have anything better?

-- Torqy
Old 12th March 2010, 10:54   #1383
BANNED

Riding to office on my bike. I see a commonsense challenged individual without a helmet riding in front of me.

We stop at a signal and I stop next to him. I see his helmet neatly placed between his legs.

ME: You know you dont need a helmet to protect your balls (family jewels - as that word will get masked).
IT: WAT!!
ME: The helmet is for the head.
IT: No police.
ME:Ah.. then you have it in the right place.
IT: (Smiles)
ME: Bye. Have a good day.
IT: Thank You.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:10   #1384
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Riding to office on my bike. I see a commonsense challenged individual without a helmet riding in front of me.

This is brilliant!

Last edited by gpa : 12th March 2010 at 11:25. Reason: Note from HappyWheels :P
Old 12th March 2010, 11:41   #1385
Senior - BHPian

"commonsense challenged individual"

thats a good one...but this is the reality people wear helmet for sake of rules!

Here in Mangalore i see people wearing "industrial helmets" and its very common.

i guess people surely lack common sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

We stop at a signal and I stop next to him. I see his helmet neatly placed between his legs.

ME: You know you dont need a helmet to protect your balls (family jewels - as that word will get masked).
IT: WAT!!
Old 12th March 2010, 12:13   #1386
BHPian

[quote=Spitfire;1778824]Riding to office on my bike. I see a commonsense challenged individual without a helmet riding in front of me.

quote]

Hey Spitfire; I like the new word coined by you "commonsense challenged individual" and also the conversation you had with the chap just amazing.

I must say you've good a very good sense of humor.
Old 12th March 2010, 13:57   #1387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is brilliant!
LOL, I said it with the most pleasant smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
thats a good one...but this is the reality people wear helmet for sake of rules!
And the ones lower on the IQ chain do wear the helmet but dont strap it.

These people are even more foolish then the ones who dont use a lid - atleast the later are firm in their belief that they will meet their creator soon. The others are living in a false sense of security.

The strapless helmet guys are like the guys driving their car at 150-160 kmph as they are belted, have ABS and airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
I must say you've good a very good sense of humor.
Hey thanks. Thats the only thing that keeps me going, instead i would have been hitting him on his anatomy which he was trying to protect with his own helmet.

I am slowly attaining Nirvana on the road and let Darwin eliminate the rest.

Last edited by Spitfire : 12th March 2010 at 14:00.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:06   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So this shows not all auto drivers are bad in Bangalore
Couple of months back i took a rick from Christ college to JP Nagar 7th Phase. NOrmally rick guys will ask more money or their meter will take care of that extra part. This time neither of this happened. While having a chat with him i asked him about this. His reply actually shocked me.
"my parents taught me if i take 10rs extra from someone i will have to spend 100rs somewhere else"
There are few good rick guys around. But very few..
Old 18th March 2010, 14:34   #1389
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Couple of months back i took a rick from Christ college to JP Nagar 7th Phase. NOrmally rick guys will ask more money or their meter will take care of that extra part. This time neither of this happened. While having a chat with him i asked him about this. His reply actually shocked me.
"my parents taught me if i take 10rs extra from someone i will have to spend 100rs somewhere else"
There are few good rick guys around. But very few..
The guy does not deserve to be a rick driver- his thinking is high, will surely find an opp to move on soon. BTW any chance that you have his number? My relatives frequent that route- will pass that number in case he is around. They need a rick for regular commute at fixed timings, have not found a nice one who can be honest so far!
Old 24th March 2010, 11:50   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

The indicabs are a real menace on Bangalore Raods. Yesterday I was travelling back from office a little late in the indicab. These guys just dont bother for anything. The driver was very rash and no regard for other road users. I asked the driver to stop near KR Puram and immediately called up the supervisor and Manager of the cab service and gave a nice shouting. They sent across another cab, the driver was ok.

Will be having a serious meeting with the management to strictly enforce certain rules and get rid of these sort of stupid drivers for our company.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:00   #1391
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I asked the driver to stop near KR Puram and immediately called up the supervisor and Manager of the cab service and gave a nice shouting.

Will be having a serious meeting with the management to strictly enforce certain rules and get rid of these sort of stupid drivers for our company.
Good job. We need more of you in Bangalore. These scum can be tamed only when their earnings are stopped.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:47   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Well done,nkrishnap.It takes a responsible citizen to be able to stand up and do the needful and make changes. We'd need a few more of your kind to be able to make B'lore a better place to be.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:12   #1393
BHPian

nkrishnap - well done, we need more people who travel in company cabs and buses like you to stand up to this cause and teach these morons a lesson.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:21   #1394
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The indicabs are a real menace on Bangalore Raods. Yesterday I was travelling back from office a little late in the indicab. These guys just dont bother for anything. The driver was very rash and no regard for other road users. I asked the driver to stop near KR Puram and immediately called up the supervisor and Manager of the cab service and gave a nice shouting. They sent across another cab, the driver was ok.

Sometimes it works- at many times its a waste of time. I had a situation where MY OWN company guy was driving like mad. I stopped and showed him my ID and said,i will complain, and he was like- do what you want!
At another instance i called up Microsoft number on the cab, no reply on that number!!! Imagine- MICROSOFT- premium name ignoring such basic things as answering calls on that number
yesterday on IRR which becames a haven for morons after 9PM, a cab guy just kept on honking to make his way. As he pulled up next to me, i saw a 16-18 YEAR OLD KID driving the cab. The guy was just having fun with his new toy!!!
I felt so helpless- wish could stop him, spank him and send him home!
This is a serious menace, i think we should bring this up in the aware citizens forums that we have in bangalore( like the professionals party) and have stern action taken( like the way these days breath tests are being taken at night)
Old 25th March 2010, 10:48   #1395
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
yesterday on IRR which becames a haven for morons after 9PM, a cab guy just kept on honking to make his way. As he pulled up next to me, i saw a 16-18 YEAR OLD KID driving the cab.I felt so helpless- wish could stop him, spank him and send him home!
Perhaps, you should have done just that! If you felt he was underage, you should have asked him to pull out his DL, failing which you could have threatened to call the cops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks