Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 10:59   #1396
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Perhaps, you should have done just that! If you felt he was underage, you should have asked him to pull out his DL, failing which you could have threatened to call the cops.
first- i should have been able to catch him! at the signal it was imp to get out thanks to morons who come up as close as they can to you
second- what scares me is that his pals may gang up and i would be lone ranger in this attempt! added to that they would surely jump knowing i cant speak the local lingo!
If only i had at least a brown belt, i would confront any such animals!
Old 25th March 2010, 12:12   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
first- i should have been able to catch him! at the signal it was imp to get out thanks to morons who come up as close as they can to you
second- what scares me is that his pals may gang up and i would be lone ranger in this attempt! added to that they would surely jump knowing i cant speak the local lingo!
If only i had at least a brown belt, i would confront any such animals!
You should never give chase in traffic. I had done this once long back. Of course, nothing unpleasant happened, but I started to get 'target fixation'. I realized that I had lost focus of everything else and was concentrating only on the car I was chasing. Can end in disaster. I backed off when I figured out that things were only going to get worse if I plowed into a divider or worse.
Also, I just realized that it is easier to confess your sins on the net!
Anyway, best to let such matters go unless something serious has happened. I've even informed cops of things like rash driving. Usually a futile excercise. Got a result only once when I managed to stop a mini truck, call the SI from a nearby station and have the maniac fined. The fact that I was an obvious outsider who spoke Kannada may have had something to do with this!
I can't figure out why this local lingo thing has become such a big deal. When I first came to Blr, if I cursed at an auto driver in Hindi/English, he'd curse back in Kannada and we would go our separate ways. Never escalated into a local-outsider thing. People are a lot less tolerant now, I suppose.
Old 25th March 2010, 12:23   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday on IRR which becames a haven for morons after 9PM, a cab guy just kept on honking to make his way. As he pulled up next to me, i saw a 16-18 YEAR OLD KID driving the cab. The guy was just having fun with his new toy!!!
This happened with me too yesterday (maybe same guy) - indicab with kid driver and one laid back co-driver (maybe trainer) and he kept honking behind me on ORR when turning towards agara lake in choked first gear traffic. Finally I got irritated stopped in front of him (in very slow moving traffic) rolled my window down - looked out at him and showed him the finger - he shut up after that
Old 25th March 2010, 12:42   #1399
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
This happened with me too yesterday (maybe same guy) - indicab with kid driver and one laid back co-driver (maybe trainer) and he kept honking behind me on ORR when turning towards agara lake in choked first gear traffic. Finally I got irritated stopped in front of him (in very slow moving traffic) rolled my window down - looked out at him and showed him the finger - he shut up after that
Am sure he saw your rippling muscles and decided to back off- i gotta get myself that build then venture out showing the finger!!! This guy was in a qualis which made it all the more dangerous. We are completely helpless with these idiots
The other day when turning left at ulsoor lake on OMR, the left is not free and one mad running idiot cab driver jumped the signal. The cop tried to stop him and the guy almost ran him over so he backed off
I stopped and asked the cop, what will you do, he said we noted the number
I told them that like in the north you should have one stick and for such guys- smash the mirror to teach them a lesson, he smiled and said thanks!
Old 25th March 2010, 17:06   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy does not deserve to be a rick driver- his thinking is high, will surely find an opp to move on soon. BTW any chance that you have his number? My relatives frequent that route- will pass that number in case he is around. They need a rick for regular commute at fixed timings, have not found a nice one who can be honest so far!
Sorry dude i dont go that route often so didnt bother to ask.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:35   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

City cops need to wake up!!

Just came across this article and was quite amazed and happy to know cops working to make everyone realise that law is equal for all.

I wish Bangalore Traffic Police also dares to stop:

-Rashly driven Indicabs and 'et al
-Water Tankers
-Overloaded Mini-trucks
-BMTC buses
-Autorickshaws ferrying 5 passengers (3 at the rear and 2 alongside the driver himself) on a per passenger basis charge. Folks working out of Electroincs city will surely know this fact that they indulge in this law breaking menace and pass right in front of the cops.

For the way we've seen them target private vehicles, I don't even want to wish that they bothered to catch Govt and Army officials. (Too much of an asking !!)

While I try to forget various hypes created by the Bangalore Traffic Police, it still makes me feel that they can perform efficiently by just enforcing the rules strictly and nothing else will do. We need no Blackberrys or Real time traffic information systems but plain & stringent Policing should do everything to clear the mess. Hi-tech is a mirage when commonsense is absent.

You folks remember the time when:

1. MG and Brigade road was a Zero Tolerance Zone?

No Headlamps, Mandatory Seat belts, Speed limits and 'et al. The hype lasted for not more than a fortnight and all is back to sqaure one today.

2. The Stretch from Highgrounds police Station till Windsor Manor Square was "Supposed" to be a no headlight zone!

3. Separate lanes were created for Buses on a Stretch on Bellary road and it was a major disaster and all those plastic poles were made to literally bite the dust by the very own buses.

4. Separate auto lane on Lavelle Road and the Road from JDP to Minsk Square. (Old habits die hard and the lane seldom got used).

5. Calling out vehicle numbers crossing the Stop line at a signal.

6. Signal free stretch from Chalukya Circle all the way till Kodigehalli (after Hebbal)??? All those who travel through Highgrounds till Hebbal know the reality of the so called Signal free intersection and the magic those boxes are creating. What a disaster.

Well, many would agrue now that these couldn't be implemented since traffic has grown in huge numbers but it was anticipated when these rules came into place so let us not assume that the Police or the City administration were unaware of this fact & numbers and were sleeping when the thought about these funny plans.Yeah funny for the fact that they were just a one time wonder lasting for either a fortnight or a month and died.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp PuneTOI.bmp (1,010.1 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th March 2010 at 08:38.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:40   #1402
Distinguished - BHPian

Image included

For those finding it diffuclt to open the image from my above post, This was the article I was referring to in today's TOI:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-punetoi.jpg
Old 26th March 2010, 13:23   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hi-tech is a mirage when commonsense is absent.
Its not as easy as it seems.
Coz' even the above simple statement needs common sense which THEM MORONS lack.

Old 6th April 2010, 10:34   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Sunday morning. I was heading towards Jal Bhavan with a pillion. All of a sudden I could hear heavy breathing from behind. I looked in to the RVMs but no sign of an SBK. I could see portion of the HIDs. Then the bugger whips his SBK and zoomes and literally at that, I did not mind it. What he does next is pretty shameful. There is a black swift ahead, he sneeks upto the car and does the same thing again. He whips the accelerator cable making a humoungous roar and speeds recklessly.

To enjoy an SBK is one thing, to do it the way the misguided youth was doing is another. Saar, if you are reading this, even the illiterate fellow riding pillion to me said that you may crash. I pity you for your sense of enjoyment.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:13   #1405
BHPian

Today at 10:15 am I was going towards KR Puram bridge. There are a lot of auto workshops on the left side. A car moving perpendicular to the road entered the road about a couple of feet to the left of my bike. Used to the vehicles, especially trucks, entering the road like the way the car did, I carried on, swerving to my right. After passing I glanced the RVM and to my horror the car was still moving right across the road. I stopped by the side to see what the car was doing. The car moved right across the road, maybe at around 10 - 20 kmph, hit the wall of the bridge on the other side of the road and stopped. Initially I thought maybe a drunk driver was behind the wheels. A few bikes which were behind me had stopped seeing the car. All of us escaped narrowly being hit. Then a biker who happened to see inside the car as he passed by told that there was no one in the car.

The car had moved across the street on its own from the gradient infront of the workshop...
Old 6th April 2010, 23:38   #1406
Senior - BHPian

And the moron who parked the car there didn't engage the hand brake? Or even better that the workers in the shop didn't bother to place a brick in front of the tires, just to make sure something like this doesn't happen. Well done, indeed!!
Old 7th April 2010, 01:29   #1407
BHPian

I had a similar accident, I had parked my bike and gone into a shop, when a zen down the road on reverse and banged the bike. the front fork was bent and the rear mudguard had a dent. I came running outside the shop to see this car resting on my bike, the driver of the car walked up to me and said. "Sorry sir the hand brake has a problem". I asked him to pay for the damages as he was well aware of the problem and he had not put the car in gear either.

I took him to my mechanic for the estimates, and the vehicle owner had to pay for the damages made by his ignorant driver.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:35   #1408
Team-BHP Support

Did no one get stuck in the mess at Marathalli junction this morning?
It was total chaos, and my usual commute time more than doubled since i had to use different roads to get to Whitefield.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:39   #1409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Did no one get stuck in the mess at Marathalli junction this morning?
It was total chaos, and my usual commute time more than doubled since i had to use different roads to get to Whitefield.
Tell me about it. They decided to

1: Allow traffic from Whitefield turn right on to ORR
2: All straight traffic to Whitefield to turn left onto ORR, U turn and left back into Marathahalli

I sat in Marathahalli for 40 min - fuel consumption imcreased by 20% due to stop start.

What were they thinking?
Old 12th April 2010, 11:50   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening I had to take a U-Turn close to my place on the 100 feet ring road in BSK. Since if I stick closer to the divider I would not be able to take the turn in one shot, so I left a little gap with the divider of about a meter. I had already given my indicator as I got onto the road, as I braked to slow down and take a turn the Auto guy comes to a skidding halt inches from my car.

After I take the U-turn, he also took a U-Turn as he had seen a passenger to pickup, he pulls along side makes a "What the Hell!!!" hand gesture. What do these buggers expect? I should shut off the AC and then wave my hand every time I take a turn. Can't he open his blind eyes to the indicator!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks