Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 21:25   #14296
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
The state government has issued a notice to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), directing it to withdraw the recent hike in toll on its peripheral and link road within seven days or face legal
action.

The notice issued by the Public Works Department dated July 7 stated that the move by NICE, the promoter of Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Project, to hike the toll is "illegal” as it is done without obtaining the government’s permission and also at a time when proceedings of a writ petition is pending before the Karnataka High Court.

The department said that the hike should be withdrawn within seven days from the receipt of the notice. "Failure to do so within the stipulated time will constrain us to initiate appropriate action in accordance with law or have recourse to remedies available to us under the Frame Work Agreement,” the notice
stated.

The company recently increased the toll by 14% to 25 % on 41 km of peripheral road and 9.1 km of link road.
State tells NICE to roll back toll hike in 7 days
Old 11th July 2017, 23:18   #14297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Tax ALL the private vehicles to such an extent that the people are forced to use public transport - Singapore model. Meanwhile remove all the hurdles to improve the public transport, provide last mile connectivity and make it world class.
I don't think we have infrastructure like Singapore. Whether our public transport will be able to handle the load, if all these people in private vehicles need to move to public transport? During peak hours buses and metros are already over crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
I dont know of the whole of Bangalore, but to cut down the traffic problems in ORR, BTP could employ a signal style stop mechanism for the tech parks.

This would need BTP enforcing the rule on all the tech parks. This would force people to either start earlier or switch to two wheeler or public transport.

I dont know how feasible this is. May not be practical.
People will have option to hire cab and instead of one person now two person will be going and impact would be same. Personally, I don't feel safe riding two wheeler to work.

Today I used a carpooling app to commute to and from office. It was convenient plus economical. I feel, private cars are still better than cabs as it occupies road for limited time and it is mostly parked at a designated place after use, which is not the case for cabs. Why don't we do more carpooling at a time when technology is available to safely carpool? My friend who uses a carpooling app told me that most of the time his car is full with riders from HAL to Electronic city.
Old 12th July 2017, 05:59   #14298
BHPian

@all who gave me inputs to the airport to Hosur route , my flight lands at 3pm I checked the flight timings just now and could have missed the flight today . I guess for 3 pm the traffic would be less compared to peak hours. Will update my experience once back home.
Old 12th July 2017, 07:03   #14299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
ALL PR (Publicity Relations) hot air, if this is the kind of solutions people come up with.. LOL. Now people will ask me to get up off my chair and help make my country better.. I might but not unless I have a real idea.
Let me add to your cynicism - why is everyone trying to do the opposite of what our rulers want? Why do we think our rulers are not smart? If we use the common measure of success, we can see that every one of them is smarter than most of us.

They want to make it as difficult as possible for people to move from one place to another.

Let us all cooperate and create a permanent gridlock, so that all vehicles are stuck and everyone has to walk (would there be space to walk?).
(But no laughing matter, this!).
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 17:55   #14300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
@all who gave me inputs to the airport to Hosur route , my flight lands at 3pm I checked the flight timings just now and could have missed the flight today . I guess for 3 pm the traffic would be less compared to peak hours. Will update my experience once back home.
Took the regular route KIAL -> Hebbal -> KR Puram -> Kala Mandir -> Panathur road, first right to reach Carmelaram -> bagalur road -> my home. Close 80 KM's and took me 2 hours of travel time. Multi day parking at KIAL costed me ₹1000 . Next time I will think of another way of transport to reach the airport.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 09:04   #14301
Distinguished - BHPian

JAM ALERT!

BESCOM work going on just before Hoodi signal when coming from ABB. Avoid this stretch if feasible. They have dug up close to half the left side carriageway. Take the right side carriageway as early as possible for free passage towards Graphite India.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 09:52   #14302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
JAM ALERT!
BESCOM work going on just before Hoodi signal when coming from ABB. Avoid this stretch if feasible. They have dug up close to half the left side carriageway. Take the right side carriageway as early as possible for free passage towards Graphite India.
Even the right side carriageway has been reduced to a single lane as BMRCL has blocked off 1 lane. Added to that is wrong side driving by cabs, TT & school buses. Another choke point is just opposite the Shell petrol pump on Graphite road when headed towards Graphite signal from Hoodi. Road condition has deteriorated and BMRCL has blocked off some portions of the carriageway.

If the end destination is on SAP labs road, then Mahadevpura - Alpine Eco road might be a better bet. Apart from traffic at Hanuman temple intersection & graphite signal, the rest is still moving traffic even though it might be slow.

Bigger concern is the U turn in front of whitefield honda when driving from KR Puram towards Hoodi as right now BMRCL boards are lying on the footpath. When they come onto the road, then it will be a single lane all the way from new underpass to Mahadevpura police station
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 10:18   #14303
Senior - BHPian

Saw this news article in today's TOI. According to this, many of the important roads across Bangalore would get fresh layer of tar in the next 6 months. As per the article it may be due to the polls scheduled for next year. If this indeed is true, I wont complain.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_5658.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:46   #14304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Saw this news article in today's TOI. According to this, many of the important roads across Bangalore would get fresh layer of tar in the next 6 months. As per the article it may be due to the polls scheduled for next year. If this indeed is true, I wont complain.
Not a fresh layer of Tar. White top means concretisation. We need to brace ourselves for another 2 years of holy mess on roads, since concretisation means the road will be partially closed. Add that to the impending metro work and we have lots of fun coming our way.

Can imagine the mess on Bannerghata road and other important roads during this exercise. Just grin and bear with the hope that this is going to help the future generation.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 13:02   #14305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Metro work has started between ITPL and Hopefarm.
Traffic blocks are now getting worse due to Metro work taking half a lane and blocking traffic near intersections
Old 14th July 2017, 06:25   #14306
BHPian

This happened yesterday and I was stuck in the train for more than an hour.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le19269533.ece

The protest was done because passengers got irritated at the regular delays of more than an hour or so for the local trains. People who wanted an overbridge at Carmelaram station too joined the protests.
sairamboko is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 08:30   #14307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
We need to brace ourselves for another 2 years of holy mess on roads, since concretisation means the road will be partially closed. Add that to the impending metro work and we have lots of fun coming our way.

Can imagine the mess on Bannerghata road and other important roads during this exercise. Just grin and bear with the hope that this is going to help the future generation.
Nah, wayyy before the time of the next generation the concrete would've chipped away leaving vicious tyre abrading roads (concrete will have super-hard potholes/undulations when formed) and the next white/black topping will take place to ensure that the "great institution" is seen to be doing great work and also to ensure that the victims of the great institution are pleased with them 3-4 months before multiple stages are set up with a funny looking machines with buttons and highly irrelevant logos on it where said victims will queue up by the hundreds of thousands outside suffering rain, sunshine and poverty to choose between 3-4 of the finest representatives of the great institution, only difference among them will be their names.

Signs are obvious that the present Draconian enforcers aren't quite sure of getting an extension and hence are happily taking the city down with them.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 09:29   #14308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can imagine the mess on Bannerghata road and other important roads during this exercise.
I stay off Bannerghata (BG) road. There were news of widening BG road. Also reports of soil tests failing for the Metro earlier. Now I hear otherwise. So will there be a Metro on this stretch ?
There is no concrete information on any of these.

A new Mall (Vega City I think) is coming up amplifying the traffic nightmare
Old 14th July 2017, 10:24   #14309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
So will there be a Metro on this stretch ?
There is no concrete information on any of these.
Bids have been invited for this stretch of the line. Need to be happy that this stretch is an elevated stretch and not underground like the Diary circle - Nagawara stretch which will be in chaos for god know how many years!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-tmrg.jpg
source - TMRG

http://themetrorailguy.com/2017/03/0...-road-section/
Old 14th July 2017, 10:40   #14310
Senior - BHPian

In front of Cessna park, the service road towards Kadubeesanahalli junction is one-way. Everyday I see morons not following this and it causes traffic issues for vehicles entering the service road from Kadubeesanahalli side. There were two cars that were moving on this road and all I could do was gesture that its one way. They didn't give a damn.

A little ahead where the one way starts a pink police Ertiga was also coming in and was slowing and trying to move back. I lowered my window and asked the driver "Isn't this one-way"? He replied back smilingly that he is new to this area and kept moving back and not enter the road. Imagine if I had said the same to a anyone else ! Police are easier to talk to and protest to than our always agitated normal people.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks