Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 09:28   #14326
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any parking at Lifestyle, Brigade road? I need to go to Richmond road near Koshy's Bakery by 11-00 AM but no idea where to park safely.
Lifestyle does have parking and other options are Garuda mall and the building right opposite (part of the football stadium campus used to have a shopper's stop some years ago, now has other stores). Problem is approach to Lifestyle is from old airport road/Victoria road and for Garuda mall and the other building it is from Residency road or M G Road. So if you don't find at one place, reaching the other means a long detour, will waste some time.
But as ampere mentioned, consider taking the metro as an option as well.

Last edited by NPV : 19th July 2017 at 09:29.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 09:28   #14327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
What's up with the Tin factory area - there is no traffic at all around 08:30 AM for the past few days. Is there some other bottleneck that is slowing down traffic before tin factory?
Looks like something is wrong(How can tin factory not be clogged). I came to office in metro today and the Metro feeder Volvo just rampaged through stretch between the Temple and the KR Pura railway station. Did not expect it to be so empty. Neither did it look like there was some bottleneck on the Old Madras road side. Not sure about the ORR though.

Ohh, I just saw google maps and it looks like something is seriously wrong in HRBR layout area. Hence Tin factory is empty even now.

Last edited by audioholic : 19th July 2017 at 09:29.
Old 19th July 2017, 09:38   #14328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
What's up with the Tin factory area - there is no traffic at all around 08:30 AM for the past few days. Is there some other bottleneck that is slowing down traffic before tin factory?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Ohh, I just saw google maps and it looks like something is seriously wrong in HRBR layout area. Hence Tin factory is empty even now.

Looks like there was an accident at the Horamavu underpass: https://twitter.com/Redfmbengaluru/s...06036420100096
Old 19th July 2017, 10:10   #14329
BHPian

Thanks sanjaykk - traffic backed up up to Nagavara . Avoid hitting Ring Road now
Old 19th July 2017, 10:23   #14330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any parking at Lifestyle, Brigade road? I need to go to Richmond road near Koshy's Bakery by 11-00 AM but no idea where to park safely.
Park at Garuda, walk up to Lifestyle, take a 335E Volvo to the Richmond Road stop. Koshys bakery is a 2 minute walk from there
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 10:28   #14331
BHPian

Yes gentlemen. There was an accident this morning at 7:30 am near the Horamavu underpass in ORR. Got these pics from one of my friends. Appears that the cement mixer lorry was overspeeding and toppled over the divider. Windscreen of the college bus is completely shattered. Do not know about the impact on individual or casualty etc.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500440047.564165.jpgRants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500440076.044066.jpgRants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500440102.810459.jpgRants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500440140.429677.jpg

Last edited by Keynote : 19th July 2017 at 10:37.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 11:06   #14332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Options would be -

- Park at some metro station near to your home and take metro to MG road.
- Park at Lifestyle (limited parking area).
- Park at Garuda mall - Sufficient parking.
- Park at Central mall, Mayo hall - Limited parking, however since its a weekday should be fine.
- Park inside Cubbon park near to Police station / Victoria statue.
- Park at UB city.

However, do note that apart from Metro option, all other places are bit far away from your destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Thanks sanjaykk - traffic backed up up to Nagavara . Avoid hitting Ring Road now
Traffic is cleared up now. My friend traveled from Marathahalli to Manyata now and didn't find any issues, infact he mentions the drive was quicker today.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 19th July 2017 at 11:08.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 11:40   #14333
Distinguished - BHPian

That college bus had a very narrow escape from what I can see. A few seconds later and it would have been a full head-on collision with significant casualties.

On the ORR, I dislike driving on the right-most lane because of this reason and always move to the middle when possible. You an never be sure who or what is going to jump the divider :-)
Old 19th July 2017, 16:15   #14334
BHPian

I wanted to know if anyone has found a carpooling app that has good membership in Bangalore. I drive from E-City to Koramangala daily and tried Easyride and sRIde but haven't got any request so far.
Old 19th July 2017, 17:53   #14335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I wanted to know if anyone has found a carpooling app that has good membership in Bangalore. I drive from E-City to Koramangala daily and tried Easyride and sRIde but haven't got any request so far.
Try Quickride. Have replied to your query on the ride sharing thread. Link here.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 10:08   #14336
BHPian

ORR traffic was crawling at a snail's pace right from HSR today morning. There was no accidents or breakdown. The traffic was simply not moving.

I started from Vijaya bank Layout via HSR -> ORR -> Prestige Tech Park 2. Took close to 1.5 hours to reach work even though I started at 8
Old 20th July 2017, 10:30   #14337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
ORR traffic was crawling at a snail's pace right from HSR today morning. There was no accidents or breakdown. The traffic was simply not moving.

I started from Vijaya bank Layout via HSR -> ORR -> Prestige Tech Park 2. Took close to 1.5 hours to reach work even though I started at 8
It was due to a BMTC bus breakdown just after the Agara flyover earlier in the day. The cascading effect will last another couple of hours at least going by the sheer number of vehicles stranded.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 10:32   #14338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
It was due to a BMTC bus breakdown just after the Agara flyover earlier in the day. The cascading effect will last another couple of hours at least going by the sheer number of vehicles stranded.
At the intersection of HSR 27th Main and the ORR, normally a cop will be stationed there to regulate the traffic. Today he was missing resulting in the chaos. It took us close to 30 min to cross the junction by ITPL bus.
Old 20th July 2017, 12:42   #14339
Distinguished - BHPian

ORR - Eco space traffic update from 24 July

Saw signboards installed near Ecospace foot over bridge today morning, just now came across this post in Facebook.

Seems they are going to change the entry from Ecospace & EcoWorld while coming from HSR / Silkboard side.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1500534014840.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1500534019250.jpg

Quote:
From 24/Jul Monday onwards:
For RMZ Eco space, Global Techpark & Intel, those coming from Silk board & Sarjapur Iblur junction, use central (BRTS) lane -- this is just for trial basis.

In the same manner, for RMZ Ecoworld, Devaranabeesanahalli, Sakra Hospital & Passport office, those coming from Silk Board, Sarjapur Iblur junction need to be take service road from Pratham Motors point immediately after skywalk left lane.

- Shared by Sandeep Mohanty
Link

Last edited by mpksuhas : 20th July 2017 at 12:46.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 14:42   #14340
BHPian

Anybody knows what's up with Electronic City flyover? Heard there was a jam since morning. When I was going towards Koramangala around 1.30, they were letting the Hosur bound traffic on my lane by opening the median. Not sure if I missed any accident remnants, but didn't look like any mishap occurred. I keep seeing occasional repairs on the flyover when they route the traffic into 1 lane for a small distance. But this time, they let it come on the other side. Something serious?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks