Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 09:16   #14446
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Massive pile up its going to be. Truck cabin damaged badly. Was it a cab it hit?
It was dark when I crossed that spot. There was a cab with a damaged rear on the side of the road. If the cabin of the truck's damaged there could be another bigger vehicle that fled the spot or I didn't notice. Some colleagues are saying a BMTC was involved but they got the info from forwards. Not sure what really happened.
Old 18th August 2017, 09:18   #14447
Senior - BHPian

It's a serial accident.
Image Courtesy Bangalore traffic Police

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503028040.909048.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503028056.297923.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503028067.599345.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503028081.058545.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 09:41   #14448
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Just a polite reminder to stick to the thread topic, i.e. traffic in Bangalore. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 10:04   #14449
BHPian

Yesterday was a tough day ! Got late at work and could only leave from Domlur by 10 p.m. It took whooping 1 hour 40 minutes to reach to Karthik nagar via Old Airport Road - distance of 11.2 kms.! Interestingly , there was not flooding of road seen. But still traffic was crawling.
Old 18th August 2017, 10:12   #14450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Yesterday was a tough day ! Got late at work and could only leave from Domlur by 10 p.m. It took whooping 1 hour 40 minutes to reach to Karthik nagar via Old Airport Road - distance of 11.2 kms.! Interestingly , there was not flooding of road seen. But still traffic was crawling.
At times, a crawl has no apparent reason. I have so many times noticed this.

3 weeks before, traffic was crawling at one of the spots on ORR near Laggere while I was driving back to work and upon inching close to the epicenter, I realised that traffic cops had stationed their speed interceptor at this new location and had flagged down quite a few vehicles and they had parked in a way that it blocked even the middle lane and affected free flow .

I felt sad for the cops (and not for the commuters) because this was a classi case of fence eating the crops, as they ensured no one could really speed beyond 10KMPH due to the Jam they were responsible for!
Old 20th August 2017, 15:38   #14451
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove to KIAL during torrential rain today and realized there are many deep patches of standing water especially on the fast lane and near the base of the flyovers. Aquaplaning is guaranteed at anything above 70 km/hr depending on your vehicle and tyre condition!

Please slow down in heavy rain.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 19:34   #14452
BHPian

Have BETL employees discovered a new way of misusing the tollway?

I have been noticing this a lot lately - any legitimate reason why vehicles should be allowed to enter the toll gates the wrong way?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-jananibuswrongwayontollway.png  

mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 16:14   #14453
Senior - BHPian

People visiting the recently launched Indira canteens near Jayanagar 1st block/Kanakanpalya(near to Lalbagh) park their vehicles on either side and in any manner they wish. This reduces the 4 lane road to 2 lanes. To top this there are people who drive/ride by keeping their eyes on the canteen rather than on the road.

Today morning one such rider (a middle aged gent) watching the canteen and not the traffic rear ended a car in front which had slowed down. By the time person from the car came down , the biker fled from the scene.

This entire stretch of road which was once peaceful now has 2 restaurants already. They get the customers to park their vehicles on the footpath. Now this canteen is adding to the mess.
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:51   #14454
BHPian

A person coming in a vehicle ( be it a 2-wheeler or a 4-wheeler ) should be the last person the Indira Canteen serve food to. Irony at its peak. A few meters either side of the canteen should be strict no parking zones.
explorer09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:11   #14455
BHPian

I work in afternoon shifts, so rarely get chance to experience morning traffic of Bengaluru. Today, while coming in general shift, I experienced the chaos of morning traffic. Few points crossed my mind.

1) Some parents in a hurry to drop their children in school disobey all traffic rules. Saw a white zen racing along in the busy two way road with kid in front passenger seat. Father was operating mobile phone simultaneously and driving on the right lane in a two way road. Kids learn swiftly and I will not be surprised if the kid in passenger seat disregards all driving ethics in future.

2) Every U-Turn on the road is a potential mess. Everyone wants to go early resulting in a deadlock keeping everyone honking at each other. In my opinion, a little bit of patience will go a long way in easing up Bengaluru's traffic woes.

3)At the KR Puram market, there is a foot over bridge built to ease pedestrian movement. The median at this busy road(6 Lane) is also barricaded to discourage persons from crossing the road. However, one can see 80% of pedestrian movement on the road, zigzag across speeding vehicles, squeeze in the median barricade and repeat the same exercise on the other lanes. I wonder if all these persons suffer from some physical limitation to climb up few stairs and cross the road safely.
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:26   #14456
BHPian

Anyone knows what's happening near Agara on the ORR? Google maps says 38 min to cover 4 km!
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:30   #14457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Anyone knows what's happening near Agara on the ORR? Google maps says 38 min to cover 4 km!
A cement laden truck has crashed into a cab & moved partially over the divider.
This was causing slow moving traffic & might be responsible !
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:37   #14458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
A person coming in a vehicle ( be it a 2-wheeler or a 4-wheeler ) should be the last person the Indira Canteen serve food to. Irony at its peak. A few meters either side of the canteen should be strict no parking zones.
Anything free or less than usual; Our people will throng like ants to sugar. Be it Jio or be it food. If a few metres are made no-parking, people will park and walk. And the Government Ad on Radio uses a cab-driver who says he saves money with this canteen. So if any person with a vehicle is not allowed it will be against its own ad. Although you are right, it's impractical in our country to do so. How will you check this? Hope they don't use the Aadhar for this too.

But these jams around these canteens will come down in the coming days IMO. Now, it's more out of curiosity that people are going there IMO.

Last weekend in Channasandra near RR nagar, a new outlet of Stoned Monkey was opened. As an inaugural offer, they were giving ice creams for 1Rupee. There was a huge traffic jam because of that.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:02   #14459
Senior - BHPian

Huge traffic jam from jakkasandra towards agara and ORR. I took right at jakkasandra towards hsr to enter ORR. But againstuck in jam. People trying to proceed towards bellandur, sarjapur etc from silk board or koramangala please take note.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:44   #14460
Distinguished - BHPian

With the rains battering the roads here, one pattern I observe is the roads have completely vanished near the signals. A couple of example - Nimhans singal, Signal near the marble stone stores on the Bannerghatta road.

This is slowing the traffic drastically. Now a days its more like off roading than driving on the city roads.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed