Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 12:57   #14491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Now, an uncharitable view of a certain forum, on Autocar India website :

Yellow-plate car drivers on Hosur Road fear "educated" drivers with certain "team" yellow-stickers pasted on their bumpers.
On NICE road, "educated" drivers drive at 150+kmph and everyday you see 1-2 accidental cars on the side of the road.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blo...w-fever-404638

Last edited by simplyself : 29th August 2017 at 12:59.
Old 29th August 2017, 13:24   #14492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Now, an uncharitable view of a certain forum, on Autocar India website :

Yellow-plate car drivers on Hosur Road fear "educated" drivers with certain "team" yellow-stickers pasted on their bumpers.
On NICE road, "educated" drivers drive at 150+kmph and everyday you see 1-2 accidental cars on the side of the road.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blo...w-fever-404638
Its just a generalized comment from someone with a narrow mind. I agree about the 'educated' part though. Regarding the yellow sticker, its become a norm on many cabs and I hope this does not attract negative attention. I commute everyday and in the middle of many cabs. If they actually develop this fear towards 'yellow sticker' car then it could end up in some unnecessary confrontations. Then cars with the sticker will become an easy target for cabbies. I hope that doesnt happen. If they actually fear us, then thats a good thing, but things should stop there.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 14:13   #14493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now, an uncharitable view of a certain forum, on Autocar India website
Too trivial to worry about and like audioholic says, it's generalized.

From various conversations I have had with cabbies whenever I have taken cabs home, they always say "we cannot bear white board drivers, they don't how to drive".

That yellow sticker remark is way off mark. No relation at all. And regarding NICE, it's it's cabbies who mention that educated drive at 150, they should be more surprised when then see office buses (45 Seaters) do 120kmph every day and overtake from the shoulder at such speeds too.

Let's get back to ranting now .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 15:31   #14494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]Yellow-plate car drivers on Hosur Road fear "educated" drivers with certain "team" yellow-stickers pasted on their bumpers.
Don't know how many of Team-BHP-ians got the hint. Note it is the "educated drivers" with certain "Team" yellow stickers, and not the Yellow boards who are getting ridiculed here. Does the below ring a bell?
Old 29th August 2017, 15:51   #14495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Don't know how many of Team-BHP-ians got the hint.
Each one of here got the hint am sure. We are all on the same "plate" and we said it's a generalized statement that all those with LTD stickers are becoming rash.

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th August 2017 at 16:15.
Old 29th August 2017, 16:45   #14496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Each one of here got the hint am sure. We are all on the same "plate" and we said it's a generalized statement that all those with LTD stickers are becoming rash.
Rash driving is a trait which has to be curbed with a conscious effort. Having a team bhp sticker doesn't ensure one gets to drive sanely, with all the rules followed.

I wonder what experience with the vehicles with team bhp stickers made that guy hold those in contempt.
Old 29th August 2017, 16:59   #14497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Having a team bhp sticker doesn't ensure one gets to drive sanely, with all the rules followed.
Indeed not. This is nowhere a discussion on sticker and if that makes you a good driver but more intended towards a Yellow Stickered car driven rashly and how "Educated & Stickered" cars are victims of typecast here.

You would never see me showering bouquets based on what sticker they sport anyway .

It time to rant now!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 20:03   #14498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed not. This is nowhere a discussion on sticker and if that makes you a good driver but more intended towards a Yellow Stickered car driven rashly and how "Educated & Stickered" cars are victims of typecast here.

You would never see me showering bouquets based on what sticker they sport anyway .

It time to rant now!
I do not intend to start one, too.

I was wondering what made that person treat those with contempt.

There is no generalization here. It wouldn't be. It couldn't be.
Old 29th August 2017, 21:18   #14499
BHPian

Very bad traffic from Silk board, towards E-CITY. been there for almost half an hour and yet to reach the flyover.
Old 30th August 2017, 09:19   #14500
Senior - BHPian

Stuck at St. john's hospital signal for 20mins. My ETA for my home to office commute of 9.6kms was 8:56AM when I left my home at 8:10AM. Now it has increased to 9:42AM.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 10:10   #14501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Stuck at St. john's hospital signal for 20mins. My ETA for my home to office commute of 9.6kms was 8:56AM when I left my home at 8:10AM. Now it has increased to 9:42AM.
That junction is becoming a nightmare from past few weeks. I travel along that route daily and each time it easily takes avg 10 mins to cross. Today morning I started around 7:30 from home to my office and saw traffic had backed up all the way till Nimhans flyover. I took the Adugodi - Mico route to avoid this mess.
Old 30th August 2017, 10:18   #14502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Very bad traffic from Silk board, towards E-CITY. been there for almost half an hour and yet to reach the flyover.
Guess it was because of some festival/celebration below the flyover near Bommanahalli because of which the vehicles that wanted to go below the flyover were stuck and the effect cascaded till silk board...
Old 30th August 2017, 10:21   #14503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Apparently there is a tree fallen opposite Christ College
https://twitter.com/Redfmbengaluru/s...37868593831936
Old 30th August 2017, 12:11   #14504
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Does the below ring a bell?
Quote:
This is the reason why I have been suggesting the Mods to come up with a new sticker "Team-BHP : We are a Race. We don't Race!" It really helps us saner folks and get ourselves away from the far-too-common too-may-fake Yellow-Stickers (I have the LTD and I love it. But still..)

Quote:
Rash driving is a trait which has to be curbed with a conscious effort. Having a team bhp sticker doesn't ensure one gets to drive sanely, with all the rules followed.
Moreover, anybody can have a Team-BHP sticker. Trust me, most of the cars with Team-BHP stickers (real/fake) that I have noticed are driven in pathetic ways. I just hope all of them either have fake stickers or that they have got the stickers from someone else just for styling their car's exterior without giving any respect for the values we uphold.

Quote:
I wonder what experience with the vehicles with team bhp stickers made that guy hold those in contempt.
As mentioned, who knows if they are real or fake!?! Again, as you have agreed yourself, having a TBHP sticker does not ensure people behind the wheel are any saner
vnidta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:37   #14505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Moreover, anybody can have a Team-BHP sticker. Trust me, most of the cars with Team-BHP stickers (real/fake)
Agreed. I had a distant relative from my home town, who had this "Live to Drive" and other assorted stickers on his car. I saw this and was happy to find a Team-BHP-ian. Then came the shock. This chap had no clue on what Team BHP was, was not at all internet savvy, and said that he just got the sticker from a way side shop in his small town. The shop did sell some automobile stuff.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks