Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 11:20   #14521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Looks like lots of people have either called in for a leave, or decided to work from home. Today covered the Chandapura-ITPL distance in around 1hr 5 mins. Till last week, the time was around 1 hr 15-20mins.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:31   #14522
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
This could be due to people anticipating rains and deciding to take 'work from home'.

However, have noticed that traffic is comparatively bad on Wednesday followed by Thursday. Monday (apart from few locations where interstate buses arrive) and Friday (again excluding places where interstate buses depart) are generally better.

This is based on the Google map timeline data for my morning commute, difference between Wednesday and either Friday or Monday is between 5 to 10 minutes for a ~25 min drive.
mpksuhas is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 15:48   #14523
Senior - BHPian

People travelling in and around Shivajinagar area please make note of the below restrictions. These are in place because of the annual feast and procession of St.Mary's.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-djhcdv_uiae_pbl.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-djhce3euiaek5g4.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-djhfydpvwaapd75.jpg

Source : Twitter page of BCP and BTP.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:02   #14524
BHPian

Traffic Alert: Seems like the entire stretch from Marathahalli to Sarjapur junction is completely jammed - any idea what is the cause? It's been 15min from underpass to Innovative multiplex and google maps shows another 50min travel time till Sarjapur junction
Old 8th September 2017, 19:01   #14525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Traffic Alert: Seems like the entire stretch from Marathahalli to Sarjapur junction is completely jammed - any idea what is the cause? It's been 15min from underpass to Innovative multiplex and google maps shows another 50min travel time till Sarjapur junction
I think thats just another bad day for the ORR. Especially if its a Friday, and there is a possibility of rain or it has just stopped raining I think the crawl between EcoWorld and Sarjapur Junction will grow to almost Marathahalli. Nothing new from my experience. Maybe there is a vehicle breakdown or a small blockage which you will never know.
Old 9th September 2017, 08:37   #14526
Senior - BHPian

Folks travelling along RV road, Minerva circle please note that there are several trees and electric poles uprooted and it is not yet cleared. Little traffic was piled up in the morning itself.
Old 9th September 2017, 09:42   #14527
Team-BHP Support

Be careful on Sankey Road near Le Meridein, loose surface means plenty of skids can happen. It took a Baleno out this morning
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:40   #14528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Be careful on Sankey Road near Le Meridein, loose surface means plenty of skids can happen. It took a Baleno out this morning
Agree. Heading towards Windsor Manor, the deceptive right hander has loose gravel, couple of potholes as well as the wrong camber. Please be careful.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:32   #14529
Team-BHP Support

Any of you trying to bypass the Agara lake and join the ORR near HSR BDA complex or even turn right to sarjapur from HSR BDA. Dont!

The road collapsed under a heavy truck on the service road in between the flyovers. Saw a few vehicles stuck behind.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 15:29   #14530
Distinguished - BHPian

Now a new flyover to come up over existing North-South Hebbal flyover!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1505123951162.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 17:10   #14531
Senior - BHPian

I had the first hand opportunity to see my Mahindra Quanto vehicle get stuck under a water clogged railway underbridge. A tempo traveller ahead of me had managed to wade through the water which was pretty much at the level of the wheels. I followed the vehicle, only to hit a stone on the road (covered by water). The Quanto came to a halt, and I started mentally preparing for an expensive day.

For 10-15 minutes we (me and wife) remained stuck there. A few locals had parked a tractor with a tow rope (Rs. 400 for one rescue). I tried to crank up the engine, but it did not start. Asked wifey to stay put, removed my shoes and socks, pulled up my trousers and jumped into the water (knee deep). I tried to put up the two hook onto the provision under the front bumper, only to realise that the tow hook could never be screwed in properly :(. The receiving part for the tow hook was not placed properly. Excellent quality standards set by Mahindra, I must say. A local chap had identified the stone by dipping down deep into the flowing water. Finally I just gave a last try to crank up the engine. It cranked up!!! I just then revved up the engine and charged forward. Smoke entered the cabin area, but I kept the pedal on. In 30 seconds flat reached safer grounds. Kept the engine revving on for another 1 odd minute, and then set forward.

The "Check Engine" light started glowing. I was about to take the vehicle towards a friendly workshop, but after around 10 minutes of drive the light went out. Reached Gunjur area, when the "check oil" light started flickering now and again (especially when braking, or going at slow speed). Reached the office parking lot. In the afternoon checked up the oil levels, it seems to be quite okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme
The fetish the city engineers seems to have for fly overs is mind boggling. Considering the skills & work ethics, I have become cynical about such ideas. All seems to be ways to make some money (to be used for other purposes later). My humble opinion is that all big money project should now be to improve public transport.
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 21:05   #14532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme;
OMG - This is going to be a mess for couple of years. They say 2 years, more like 5. They should not be allowed to building anything until BBMP finish other flyovers/underpass. What about the Hennur Flyover ?
What they need to understand is why the jam. I mean once you come down the flyover the road is free,
The possible problem is the bus stop at the end of the flyover.
The other issue is the merging of cars from the three lane (5 lane unofficial) into the two lane flyover.
Just a Rant from a North Bangalore resident.
yajaman99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 08:04   #14533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
The other issue is the merging of cars from the three lane (5 lane unofficial) into the two lane flyover
This looks to be another last ditch attempt by the powers to be to fill their coffers. Wont be surprised if once again people take to the streets to put this to sleep.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:14   #14534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why should only South Bangaloreans have all the fun? (Metro, BG road expansion, Silk board flyover station, Jayadeva interchange etc).

Jokes apart, is it technically feasible to make a flyover over the already high Hebbal flyover? God only knows. Hope it works out well for the commuters involved. Right now, it is a real pain for those coming from the airport towards the city. Traffic jams start from Esteem Mall right upto Hebbal police station.

Last edited by hrman : 12th September 2017 at 11:29.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:29   #14535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Why should only South Bangaloreans have all the fun? (Metro, BG road expansion, Silk board flover station, Jayadeva etc).
They must plan this over existing silk board flyover on ORR.

Most Viewed