Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 08:59   #14581
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
It has been raining the whole night and flooding reported in many areas. Any words of caution or observation from your early commute people?
7:00 AM update from my wife: nothing to worry about on the ORR in JP nagar>BTM>Silkboard till Bellanduru. Continuous drizzle
7:30 AM experience by me: Nothing on the NICE road till EC apart from the craters getting bigger (not deeper thankfully). Continuous drizzle

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 27th September 2017 at 09:01.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 09:20   #14582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
slightly offtopic but, worth mentioning.

I just saw your photo(Avatar photo where someone found 'x') and could not control laughter !! This is really good one !
I am a maths geek and love to play around with numbers...so, i wanted to bring that character to my profile picture and added fun part to it as well
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 09:37   #14583
Distinguished - BHPian

Jam alert: AVOID Hoodi junction to go right towards graphite India. Huge pile up of vehicles. Better take ORR and go via Rainbow hospital in case you have to reach EPIP Zone.

Nothing spectacular on my way too. Started late to office since I couldnt get myself out of bed. In my area, the roads were strewn with small rocks whose source I have no clue of. I dont even have a construction site in my road but there was sand and stones all over the road. I guess water has washed in these debris and though the water drained away, the stone and mud remained.

Near Ravindra Kalakshetra, there is a right turn that goes towards Lalbagh road. This road was having deep craters which was filled with water. Later on, things were fine till ABB near Hoodi. The Junction is partly waterlogged leaving one usable lane for both vehicles and pedestrians. Hence, there might be some congestion here and the water shows no sign of going away, since there is still more water flooding out of a nearby drain.

Looks like my friend is stuck near Kundanahalli from a long time because of some jam.
Old 27th September 2017, 09:55   #14584
BHPian

Thank you all!! I commuted from hosur to new Wells Fargo office. Took me an hour and 15 mins. Roads are really bad from Sarjapur. Roads are getting really bad !!
Old 27th September 2017, 09:58   #14585
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague came now to office. He took 30 minutes to cross the NICE road exit towards EC it seems.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg
Blocked

it seems he saw that the normal exit to Hosur road was blocked. So he took the exit beside White feather hall. the below photo is from that location.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20170927_084724.jpg
Wading

Later he encountered much deeper water and he had to come back in the reverse direction and take the normal exit to Hosur road.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:06   #14586
BHPian

Took nearly 1 1/2 hour from Brookefield to get to SAP labs in EPIP. Apparently the bottleneck is right outside the SAP office where the bypass road has washed away and Metro folk are trying to shovel in some mortar and small stones into the gaping potholes that have opened up.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:37   #14587
Distinguished - BHPian

I think what is happening today can be called as the mother of all traffic jams? I see traffic backed up from SAP labs all the way to Old Airport road till ISRO signal? My cousin is also stuck in a bus and she is as close to putting down papers. It seems there is no place to walk on the road too near Graphite India. Shows how poor the metro construction is planned without giving attention to diversion. The patch in front of SAP labs was poorly laid and so are the other places where road widening is done. Such a loss of work productivity and stress to people.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 11:38   #14588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Last night due to the traffic police's experiment of removing right turn near the second gate of Manyata tech park, there was a huge jam inside.
My guess is it's not an experiment and only a temporary measure due to the Durga puja celebrations at the manpho convention center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
• In case the change of traffic plan leads to major traffic congestion, the Police Inspector at the site will open the road from Gate2 towards Veerana Palya.
Message received form Bangalore traffic police in coordination with Embassy business park.
This is the second time they are experimenting.Last year they tried and after utter chaos , was reverted back to the normal route.
Yesterday, i took the Manyata back gate to avoid this mess.Hope they are done with their experiments
Old 27th September 2017, 11:55   #14589
Senior - BHPian

The underpass at cauvery junction was opened after a month. It was closed for doing white topping. But the traffic mess still exists as the entire underpass was covered by drainage water. BBMP has blamed BWSSB for the mess stating that they have not fixed the drainage pipes. If that was the case what was the urgency for opening the underpass and more so when its been raining heavily.

Source : TOI
Old 27th September 2017, 11:59   #14590
Senior - BHPian

Just had a drive to the Airport and back from Hebbal at 7am today. Almost double the normal traffic entire route, probably due to the school holidays. Hebbal area is a total mess after the rains, with heavy water logging under the flyover towards city direction. This water was collected in a 10 meter space 15 days back, nobody is bothered to do something about it. The quantity of water increases after each rain.

I see many areas are cut open for drainage cleaning and cementing works. I seriously wonder when these guys will start executing such works like a human ! Atleast 5 years in a row, it's always in the heavy rains. Most of such work gets washed away after the season is over and you can conveniently blame it on the rain than your shoddy work
Old 27th September 2017, 12:51   #14591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
heavy water logging under the flyover towards city direction. This water was collected in a 10 meter space 15 days back, nobody is bothered to do something about it. The quantity of water increases after each rain
Hey! Did you not hear about the new lake that's being "constructed" near the Hebbal Lake? If not, this is the one!

During 1999 and 2000, Sri SM Krishna had a dream of making Bengaluru similar to Singapore. Today, our Hon. Cheap Minister is dreaming of making Bengaluru similar to Venice. The above lake is the first of such projects. They will be opening boating services and the first set of boats are to arrive there from the nearby Lumbini Gardens-Nagavaara lake. ORR would be made a waterway soon. I'm researching on a good JetSki. Guess Yamaha makes the best ones. Suggestions welcome!

Sarcasm aside, this is becoming a norm lately. Wherever you see potholes, they start developing into moon craters and finally they end up becoming small lakes. What are these guys thinking? I should not put up such stuff, but I would still be ok with corruption if at least the idiots eat 50% of the funds and use the rest 50% for proper work. But they seem to be eating up all the 100% and fooling people around. Don't know what more to contemplate.., or to contemplate at all!
vnidta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 13:00   #14592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
...Wherever you see potholes, they start developing into moon craters and finally they end up becoming small lakes. What are these guys thinking?!
Happens when there is no administration even for name sake !! No accountability on any department, be it road works, sewage cleaning, basic repairs the list is never ending.

There was a huge crater on the ORR flyover infront of big bazaar (Hebbal to BEL Circle). It kept expanding each day for 15 days in a row. My wife's car fell into it after dark and the steel rim is gone inside which has look of a major accident. Later they kept a metal barrier right in the middle of the track. Now its covered but the work looks like the contractor was taking his wife to the labor room while the work was executed

Agree 100%, we need to see an active administration taking charge. I am not biased to any party, but we need someone who is not sleeping day and night !!
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 14:58   #14593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think what is happening today can be called as the mother of all traffic jams? I see traffic backed up from SAP labs all the way to Old Airport road till ISRO signal?
Yes, indeed it was a MOAJAM. A colleague of mine who drives from Kundalhalli to Brigade Metropolis took almost 3 hours in the morning. I personally served him coffee at his desk after a well fought war. We all should gear up for a "Dasara Special" jam on Thursday evening.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:40   #14594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Jam alert: AVOID Hoodi junction to go right towards graphite India. Huge pile up of vehicles. Better take ORR and go via Rainbow hospital in case you have to reach EPIP Zone.
Is there some tech park called SP tech park, or SJP tech park in Whitefield area? Water logging in front of that building seems to be the "root cause" for the block.

There was also water logging in front of Columbia Asia hospital at Varthur Kodi, as well. If it is going to rain at the same rates, most likely "work from home" would be the only option available. At the railway underbridge near Heelalige railway station also water logging is now a regular feature. Got stuck last week, but now have identified a longer route to bye pass that one (and it takes extra 10 mins, through roads which reminds me of motocross tracks).

Last edited by sachinpk : 27th September 2017 at 16:43.
Old 27th September 2017, 17:03   #14595
BHPian

I am from Chennai and am planning to drive in to Bangalore on either Friday or Saturday this week. My route would be via Hosur, join NICE road, on to Yelahanka New Town.

Would anybody from Bangalore be kind enough to advise if there is any flooding or risk of flooding along that route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks