Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 07:52   #14671
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Drove to EC this morning and it was raining in North while things were dry post Koramangala. Today's INSAT image recorded a while before shows dense cloud cover all over Bangalore.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-insat.jpg

Although this itself is not a confirmation that it will be a rainy day, it gives enough hints and then, its a MONDAY!!!

Plan your day accordingly.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 08:42   #14672
BHPian

For folks commuting on Outer Ring Road between KR Puram and Marathalli, beware Doddanekundi Flyover is now being allowed for two way traffic. Looks like this is to aid the constriction work of the pending flyover. Expect traffic snarls around Doodanekundi both the ways at peak hour. It was getting crowded when I passed this place around 7:15 today morning.
Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 08:44   #14673
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic was already high today, maybe because of monday or due to the rains people decided to start early. It was way more than my usual experience and I took 1hr 10 minutes to reach office which would have been usually 50 minutes. Expect the same pattern in the evening and the congestion might start early owing to people starting for home early.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:15   #14674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
For folks commuting on Outer Ring Road between KR Puram and Marathalli, beware Doddanekundi Flyover is now being allowed for two way traffic. Looks like this is to aid the constriction work of the pending flyover. Expect traffic snarls around Doodanekundi both the ways at peak hour. It was getting crowded when I passed this place around 7:15 today morning.
Cheers!
There was an accident on the flyover this morning - a Tempo (I heard) and DZire cab crashed almost head-on; hope no body injuries to anyone. When I was passing that place at 7:30 this morning, the cab was being towed and the cabbie (presumably) was sobbing uncontrollably!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 19:31   #14675
BHPian

Dear Friends,

This is not a rant, but a help request on some route planning.

My trip details are as below
Fri , 20th Oct ==> Mysore to Bangalore (Plan to reach by 12 / 1 Noon).

Now my dilemma is I've the following places to go

1. Hennur Cross, Maruthi Layout, Kalyan Nagar
2. Malleshpalya Main Road

Post the above visit, I need to travel back to Pune on the same day evening. I'll be taking a break at Davangere.

My query is, Which place do I visit first? What would be the optimal route?

Help appreciated.
Old 9th October 2017, 19:53   #14676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
My trip details are as below
Fri , 20th Oct ==> Mysore to Bangalore (Plan to reach by 12 / 1 Noon).

Post the above visit, I need to travel back to Pune on the same day evening. I'll be taking a break at Davangere.

Help appreciated.
Friday, 20th October is Diwali (Bali Padyami), so traffic in Bangalore city should be free flowing no matter what time.

You will be entering Bangalore from the South-West, and both the places you are going to are in the East/North East part of Bangalore. No matter what, you are cutting all the way across town.

Just so you can get to Outer Ring Road easier (and hence go straight to the Pune highway - Tumkur Road), would recommend you do Malleshpalya first and Hennur Cross second.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 21:46   #14677
BHPian

Cauvery theatre underpass was open this morning after repairs, may be they opened it during the weekend. Was really surprised as a week back it was flooded during the rains, be prepared to get stuck during rains.
Old 9th October 2017, 22:00   #14678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Dear Friends,

This is not a rant, but a help request on some route planning.

Help appreciated.
Friend, I agree with KiloAlpha's suggestion.
From Mysore road/Kanakapura Road reach Old Airport Road. Come till HAL signal and take left turn into Suranjan Das Road. Take right at BEML gate and you will reach Malleshpalya Main road in a jiffy.
Next, you can reach BEML gate again and take right towards Old Madras road. At old Madras Road junction, take right turn, cross Baiyappanahalli Metro station and take left turn at Tin Factory junction to join Outer Ring Road. From there its straight-forward route to Hennur Cross (follow Google maps). From here, again take ORR to Tumkur road via Yesvantpur/Goreguntepalya - you will be on your way to Davangere.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 06:12   #14679
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, there was torrential rain during early morning in the Yelahanka area. Was it the same across CBD and other areas?

Today is going to be an interesting day :-(

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th October 2017 at 06:13. Reason: Clarity
Old 10th October 2017, 08:22   #14680
Distinguished - BHPian

Today the roads were eerily empty from Uttarahalli till Electronic city. Weather wise there was no rain, Slightly cloudy but pleasant. I guess people have already started to go out for the Deepavali holidays. Next week, I'm not driving out anywhere and will be staying back home. If today is something to go by, I'm looking forward to driving on Bengaluru roads

Oh yes, I do have a Rant: NICE road has gone to Dogs
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 08:28   #14681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Well, there was torrential rain during early morning in the Yelahanka area. Was it the same across CBD and other areas?

Today is going to be an interesting day :-(
Rain was ON and OFF for most of the night since 9PM at Frazer Town / Banaswadi. Drove from HRBR layout to Belandur this morning, anticipating heavy rush left half an hour early than my usual time (6:45 AM). It was a smooth sail all along.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2017, 08:36   #14682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Today the roads were eerily empty from Uttarahalli till Electronic city. Weather wise there was no rain, Slightly cloudy but pleasant. I guess people have already started to go out for the Deepavali holidays. Next week, I'm not driving out anywhere and will be staying back home. If today is something to go by, I'm looking forward to driving on Bengaluru roads
Yes, the roads had less traffic today. And next week, peculiar thing is that the holidays are not consistent. While we have off on thursday, the state government has declared holiday on wednesday and friday. Central government I guess has a holiday on Friday. Hence, the whole of next week might be light in terms of traffic and even we decided to stay home for Deepavali. Nice time to ride and drive around the city.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 10:34   #14683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
holidays are not consistent. While we have off on thursday, the state government has declared holiday on wednesday and friday. Central government I guess has a holiday on Friday.
We celebrate deepavali on Wednesday and Friday and hence the state government have declared off on those days. While up north (and most of other parts of India), they celebrate on Thursday and hence holiday is declared for them on Thursday. (Even our company has followed the same logic)

Back on the traffic situation, I too felt the traffic was less even though I was stuck in traffic from Jakkasandra to Iblur. I usually take 20-25 mins to traverse this stretch but today it took me only 15 mins. Small joys in life!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:38   #14684
BHPian

Planning to leave to office now. Does anyone know why the HSR - Iblur stretch in maps is showing red?
Old 10th October 2017, 15:20   #14685
Distinguished - BHPian

Most (Indian) schools are out from Wednesday onwards.

They have taken all the upsides :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th October 2017 at 15:21. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks