Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 13:14   #14701
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Incidentally, there was another cab on the opposite corridor who also had met with an accident.
Around 8-8:10 Am today, there were total 3 accidents/breakdowns on this side (Silk Board to EC).
Cab (above), a BMTC bus and another car.
So water-logging and these 4 slowed down what was relatively less traffic in morning. This is supposed to be an Expressway.

Last edited by vidyanand : 11th October 2017 at 13:15. Reason: edit
vidyanand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 14:15   #14702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
It is ridiculous- waterlogging on a flyover...
Forget waterlogging, how about 3 cows resting on top of the flyover ? You cant see them as you start the climb from one side, suddenly they are right on the fast lane, occupying portion of the centre lane too. Worst is people stopping to give them half eaten bananas and 'idlis'. If its an accident victim on the road, people speed and pass. I feel humans have value only on facebook and instagram

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2017 at 09:47. Reason: No politics on Team-BHP please
Old 11th October 2017, 14:32   #14703
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I had to take a Bangalore Darshan. Reason being my regular route was showing as 15 minutes delayed by Gmaps and I chose an alternate route. Unknown to me, I had added a via location in between to my Office. This led to me going through various parts of the Begur/ Bommanahalli side and reaching office in 2 hours which usually takes me 30-45 minutes..

In some locations, the road (if you can call it that) conditions are extremely pathetic and the morning rains have not made things any better. Pity those who need to travel this route everyday. And this cow menace is so strong in my residential area.S So many cows left roaming on the roads by irresponsibe owners. I fear that if I even grace one by mistake the gau rakshaks will come pounding. There is no one to protect ladies and promise their safety but an entire gang of self declared bovine protectors.

Last edited by hrman : 11th October 2017 at 14:54.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 14:37   #14704
Senior - BHPian

I had a flopped "Bangalore Darshan" today. It was more like "30kms in 3 hours". Varthur area had a thick clotted blood red line right from the morning. Yet, I decided to go to office (and planned to come back early). Knowing that Varthur is a mess, I took the Gunjur->Thirumashettihalli->Channasandra->Hope Farm Jn. route. I had a surprise waiting at the point where the road from Hoskote joins the NH. There was some big construction there, and the roads were also in a bad condition. I left my home at 0930Hrs to hit my office desk at 1150Hrs.
Old 11th October 2017, 15:28   #14705
Senior - BHPian

From an average of 1~2 hours of daily commute, now the base has shifted to 3~5 hours of commute every day. Looks like this is the new reality.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:40   #14706
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Yesterday was a new record for me in terms of speed for my morning commute. It look me 1.5 hours to travel 6.5 kms from HSR to Ecospace. Thats 4kmph. And just last year I was complaining about the same commute taking 30 min!!
Old 11th October 2017, 17:43   #14707
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I stay in the "Republic of Electronic City", away from the city traffic and the all the good stuff. That's what I used to say almost 3 years back now the tables have turned.

Ecity is getting as congested as the rest of the city, if not more. And mashallah, the driving sense of fellow citizens is nothing to write about. It is just a 3.5 KM drive for me to work but almost every day I end up cussing someone (car windows up) for cutting me off or just running me off the road. I honestly get scared whenever I have to drop my wife to Jalahalli, I take the Nice road **Cough a hefty 180 bucks one side** and reach Dasarahalli. The traffic scenes are bad. I can only imagine and have my sympathies for people who commute through the city traffic every day to work :'(

I mean what is urgency for some of us are showing. A sheer U-turn by an unsuspecting driver can cause a traffic jam just because others do not want to wait.

Last edited by bblost : 11th October 2017 at 22:19. Reason: Typo Fixed. Thanks.
Old 12th October 2017, 08:44   #14708
BHPian

A picture is worth a thousand words, and with this priceless snap, let me kickstart the traffic rants for today. For fact lovers, this is a few metres down the corner of CMH and double road, a few metre from the HDFC Bank branch

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20171012_07_39_46_pro.jpg

Last edited by hothatchaway : 12th October 2017 at 08:44. Reason: picture not appearing
hothatchaway is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 08:52   #14709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words,
So some responsible person is indeed chairing the issues for benefit of the fellow citizens .
paragsachania is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 10:06   #14710
BHPian

My rant after long time on this thread,

My daily commute is Manipal (office) - Vydehi Junction (Kids school)-Graphite India Junction (home) by car. I typically start @4.30PM from office and reach home before 5.45PM, this was my routine until August. From September I have never reached home before 6.15PM.

Come October, situation worsened further. I am spending minimum 2 hours on the road, irrespective of start time between 3.45PM to 5.00PM. This week has been horrible for me. I strongly believe this mess is due to rampant Metro work in and around Graphite India junction. Where they occupied one lane on either side of the divider that to without expanding the existing road. Earlier ~2.5 lane road became ~1.5 lane road hence the current chaos. Yesterday traffic pile-up from Graphite India reached Kundalahalli signal. I am not sure how are we going to survive next 1-2 years in and around Whitefield (hoping against hope that metro construction work will complete).

Last edited by hillsnrains : 12th October 2017 at 10:08.
Old 12th October 2017, 10:34   #14711
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to lighten the mood a bit, received this as a forward on whatsapp today.

Out of office alert:

I am on business travel between Whitefield and Bellandur. Responses to email will be delayed.

Regards.

#Bengalururains
AtheK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:25   #14712
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on BTP Twitter. Some new changes near devarabisanahally.

Quote:
From today on trial basis,we will be implementing this reverse one way pattern at devarabisanahally.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-changes.png  

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 12th October 2017 at 15:26.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:31   #14713
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Saw this on BTP Twitter. Some new changes near devarabisanahally.

This is already implemented and inflow during morning was smooth, but it was a mess in the evening not sure if it was bad only while I crossed. Need to check with other colleagues who left later.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 21:28   #14714
Senior - BHPian

Today evening it was a mess in koramangala when returning home. There was close to 2 ft of water near Jakkasandra, BDA complex, Black pearl road and in Wilson garden. It was I think drainage water mixed with rain water. The flow was very heavy especially near the left turn @shanti sagar on the bda complex road and I almost lost control of my bike. I hope there was no accidents in the rain today.

On another note, I saw trucks and tractors with Tar parked in front of lalbagh main gate. I think they will fill up the potholes on that stretch tonight though I am not sure how good that would hold considering that there was lots of water.
Old 13th October 2017, 07:08   #14715
Senior - BHPian

Adventure on Wind Tunnel Road - Ride between Bellandur and Domlur.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/whit...5807255177204/
msdivy is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed