Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 18:51   #14746
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
There is no concept called gated community
It is actually a grey area.

Though news articles mention a complete no against gated community, it is applicable only if there was a road (not a public one, but which was used by people of locality ) which was passing through the property. In short, you creating a gated community should not stop thoroughfare of the neighbors.

However, that said it becomes difficult to prove the same since lots of money & influence is involved. This issue came to limelight few years back when a property was thrown open to public in JP Nagar citing the same rule.

However, else where in HSR actual public roads are blocked by babus since they don't want lesser mortals using those. Myself and few of my friends had complained to BTP regarding this and no action was taken as expected.

Another example of a similar scenario as Adarsh Palm / Eco world is with Embassy tech square. They have an entry through wind tunnel road.

Another reason where you may end up on wrong side of the law with access roads is if the gated area is part of CDP. Then as per BBMP the plan approval has a clause that the developer has to leave the CDP area empty so as to facilitate road work in future.

Something similar has caused lots of issues at Somasandrapalay HSR layout, the issue is in court now . Link

In short, based on timing babus & journalists comes up with some story. However, the rule in this case is bit vague.

In case of Adarsh, as per my understanding the road which goes straight from the starbucks junction is public road and the road to the left from there which goes through apartment complex is private one.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 19:05   #14747
Senior - BHPian

One single thick red line from Doddanakundi to Belandur - can't even imagine the plight of the poor souls on ORR today

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1659
Size:  172.1 KB

--Anoop
Old 13th October 2017, 20:17   #14748
BHPian

My friend working in the Adarsh tech park started from office basement parking at 4 PM, could not come to the Adarsh tech park road till 4:45 PM, took a u turn and returned to office cubicle at 5 PM. Last update is that he is still in office and plans to leave by 11 PM.
Old 13th October 2017, 23:47   #14749
Team-BHP Support

Violent thunderstorms followed by heavy rain in Banashankari area. Window rattling thunder, enough to set off car alarms. Chaos and gridlock all round.

Haven't witnessed such weather in a long time.
Old 14th October 2017, 15:19   #14750
Distinguished - BHPian

Please refer Google Maps traffic before venturing out. For example, Hebbal city-bound was so choked this morning that we turned back.

Am also astonished at the sheer intensity and localized nature of current rainfall! This morning it was raining Bombay style in Sahakarnagar, Jakkur and Kogilu Cross on Bellary Road BUT it was simultaneously bone-dry in Yelahanka.

This is getting more and more common!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th October 2017 at 15:19. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 15:51   #14751
BHPian

I got stuck for more than 30 mins near Carmelaram railway station!! I dont know the reason and this was around 1pm!! I have been driving from hosur and had to be in office by 2pm for an issue. Started around 12:20 and reached 1 KM near Carmelaram fly over. I had to take a leak and I couldnt control it. Got a chance to take an U turn to go in the opposite direction. Had to take a leak and then spend 10 kms extra via Kodati Gate, Panathur Road to reach my office in Embassy Tech village!! The roads are really pathetic!!

I also dont know why IT companies are reluctant to give us Telecommute option permanently like in USA. It will save us a lot of time and also get a better quality of life!! Not sure what the future holds for BLR and IT.
Old 14th October 2017, 16:25   #14752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I got stuck for more than 30 mins near Carmelaram railway station!! I dont know the reason and this was around 1pm!!
There is waterlogging at the Sarjapur Junction in front of upcoming Columbia Asia hospital (highlighted area in the picture). Sarjapur road is fully jam packed. This was around 1 PM.
But the Bangalore Traffic police is doing their best to manage the traffic standing there in the knee deep water. Kudos to them!!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-water-logging.png  

Last edited by jayantvs : 14th October 2017 at 16:30.
jayantvs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 17:11   #14753
BHPian

I heard entire Global Village campus in Mysore road was submerged yesterday evening due to heavy rain. Also the following video I got thru WhatsApp forward looks to be captured in Mysore road, very scary

sbalagru6 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 17:40   #14754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
...Also the following video I got thru WhatsApp forward looks to be captured in Mysore road, very scary
Indeed looks scary with the car drifting in such a way. Looks like either the doors were jammed or the lady was scared to open the door as the water would get inside very quickly.

But glad to see people reacting quickly and getting the passenger(s) out

Waterlogging at Sarjapur road Junction, video from my dashcam.

Last edited by jayantvs : 14th October 2017 at 17:49.
jayantvs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 18:45   #14755
Senior - BHPian

A human chain stretching nearly 2kms was formed on the Outer Ring Road protesting against the deplorable condition of roads in Bengaluru. A few signs held up by the protesters reflected their frustration at not being able to lead a decent life in a city that goes by the monicker of the IT capital of the country.

Quote:
We are part of an educated slum managed by the BBMP
Quote:
Drains are meant for waste water flow outside the house, not into the house.
Source

And for those of you who can understand the language, here is a Kannada song that you will identify with wholeheartedly.

dailydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 21:25   #14756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please refer Google Maps traffic before venturing out. For example, Hebbal city-bound was so choked this morning that we turned back.

Am also astonished at the sheer intensity and localized nature of current rainfall! This morning it was raining Bombay style in Sahakarnagar, Jakkur and Kogilu Cross on Bellary Road BUT it was simultaneously bone-dry in Yelahanka.

This is getting more and more common!
Tell me about it. I had to come down to Sahakarnagar for some work today. Started at around 11:30 from my home near Lalbagh. It was raining cats and dogs. But when I reached Cauvery theater/Palace grounds was surprised to see no rains at all. And after an hour of me reaching sahakarnagar it started to rain little there. Very unpredictable rainfall.

I saw the traffic piled up towards hebbal when I was coming towards Sahakarnagar. It was definitely not because of rain as while coming too I was stuck in that and when I crossed the flyover , the flow of traffic was smooth.
Old 15th October 2017, 00:27   #14757
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one that sums up the sorry state of bangalore traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1508007475308.jpg  

Old 15th October 2017, 11:58   #14758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I got stuck for more than 30 mins near Carmelaram railway station!! I dont know the reason and this was around 1pm!!
I stay in the area now and can see the situation becoming worse at a rapid pace. Vehicle traffic on this road is increasing on a daily basis. The road at the railway gate is totally broken and apart from the usual jams due to indiscipline, the bad road means that vehicles have to crawl really slow past the gate. It is not uncommon not to see the stretch blocked right from the railway gate to Sarjapur Road continuously for couple of hours during the morning and evening peak times when traffic is high and also there are several trains at short intervals. 1PM is typically a time when the gate is free as there are no trains. It had rained very heavily around 11am and I guess the area was waterlogged and the gate may have closed for some goods train.

My recommendation is that don't take the railway station road at all- especially morning 6-10 and evening 6-10. If you are headed from Sarjapur Road to Varthur/Whitefield, take the road from Kodathi Gate. And if headed to the ORR/Panathur Tech Park Cluster, take the road from doddakanahalli junction instead of coming on the railway station road and cutting left before the gate.

Edit: Just saw a video of waterlogging at Ecospace and captured the below screenshot from it. Regulars in the area would know about the small bridge over the drain between Intel and Ecospace. Around a year back an effort was put to beautify the space and add a pedestrian footpath. The structure was made to resemble a ship and a nice caption was put on the side.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-shipsail.png

I guess the makers would never have thought that it would literally become a correct statement.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 15th October 2017 at 12:12.
Rajeevraj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 13:55   #14759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I stay in the area now and can see the situation becoming worse at a rapid pace. Vehicle traffic on this road is increasing on a daily basis. The road at the railway gate is totally broken and apart from the usual jams due to indiscipline, the bad road means that vehicles have to crawl really slow past the gate. It is not uncommon not to see the stretch blocked right from the railway gate to Sarjapur Road continuously for couple of hours during the morning and evening peak times when traffic is high and also there are several trains at short intervals. 1PM is typically a time when the gate is free as there are no trains. It had rained very heavily around 11am and I guess the area was waterlogged and the gate may have closed for some goods train.

My recommendation is that don't take the railway station road at all- especially morning 6-10 and evening 6-10. If you are headed from Sarjapur Road to Varthur/Whitefield, take the road from Kodathi Gate. And if headed to the ORR/Panathur Tech Park Cluster, take the road from doddakanahalli junction instead of coming on the railway station road and cutting left before the gate.

Edit: Just saw a video of waterlogging at Ecospace and captured the below screenshot from it. Regulars in the area would know about the small bridge over the drain between Intel and Ecospace. Around a year back an effort was put to beautify the space and add a pedestrian footpath. The structure was made to resemble a ship and a nice caption was put on the side.

I guess the makers would never have thought that it would literally become a correct statement.
Thanks Rajeev! I am a regular user of train and I get down at Bellandur road, next station from Carmelaram. During weekends and whenever I work in shifts, train doesn't work for me. I have to use the car. Also I am aware of the train timings I decide my route based on alerts in our train telegram group. Most of the times I come via the Carmelaram station. I connect to doddakanahalli road from there. Also this is the short and quickest way to reach my office - embassy tech village back gate. If I take the doddakanahalli road , then I will be stuck in a bigger mess because of the queue waiting to take U turn. Either way its messed up. Even the trains are running late and messing up my day and I am spending meaningless time wasting. I am thinking to work from 7:30am to 4pm , as I can get to beat the traffic and also spend quality time at home also. Will wait and see.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 14:18   #14760
Distinguished - BHPian

Torrential rain in Yelahanka. Be careful please!

Most Viewed